Time to drive my own

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justaboutgeese

Reaction score
My time the last while has been spent driving and working with other peoples horses. Today I figured it was time to put my own back to work. They have not been hitched since last October so they were long past due. I was a bit concerned when it came time to trust them while being hitched but there were no surprises. Both boys stood still while harnessing and hooking up. There is quite a size difference between the minis and the Percherons I have been working with but the pleasure is the same. Not being toughened up it was an easy trip. We covered about three miles alternating between a walk and trot. From the way they worked together it does not seem the winter off did them any harm. They are both shedding heavily now so there was a good deal of brushing after the trip. Now its a matter of getting them back into condition so we can go for longer drives.

Would love to see some pictures!

Bonnie

:aktion033: Good for you and your boys.

I'll bet that did your heart good Vic!! Take some pics next time so we can see your smile! :aktion033:

Sounds like a great plan to me! ENJOY the ride!!!!!!!!!

Pictures please - if possible.

I have just semi-trace clipped my gelding and started long lining him. We will be in a schooling show version of a cde middle of April - and we are trying to learn to do dressage. I used to ride low level dressage so at least have a general idea how to go about it.

Looking forward to hooking him in the next week or so, winter weather permitting.

Wouldn't you know it -- we had spring like weather in february so we are having winter weather in march.

Anyway -- I am glad to hear YOU are out driving your pair -- I envy you that! Hoping to have a pair eventually myself.

Take care Geese!

JJay

I know what you mean about shedding, do we ever have the flying hair around here!

Nice to hear you are driving your own..bet yours really enjoyed it..no fair Vic..we still have too much ice on our road out and hill to safely get them out..even turn out lots is ice, bare spots arriving daily though. :bgrin Can't wait to see a picture..fun to picture it in our mind, but visually would be a treat.

Take care Vic, Maxine

Back