Thousand Oaks Ranch......Filly fairy dropped by,,,,,

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBrown

Reaction score
Latest new additions - a black pinto filly out of MCC Thunders Rain sired by Pacific Matador and a solid filly out of RFM Pharoahs Akahi (maiden mare) by Thousand Oaks Sterling Silver. Both foals about 24 hours old in the photos.

We were very lucky on the maiden mare. She's had a hard little bag but not enough milk to test so I've had her under camera for about 6 nights and have been letting her into the pasture next to the barn during the day with other mares soon to foal. Monday afternoon I had gone to town for feed and my helper noticed her standing alone, not grazing, and brought her to the barn and put on a halter with a monitor. She went on to finish her chores and check the other horses. Apparently no sooner had she closed the barn doors than the mare went into labor. My husband happened to be home and the pager I had accidently left turned on that morning started beeping. He turned on the monitor and saw she was foaling and went to help. The mare was a little frantic and wasn't making much progress with her contractions so very good he was there to help!

0754.jpg
0755.jpg

0805.jpg
0807.jpg

0801.jpg

What pretty girls! Congratulations! So glad it all worked out as it did!

Last edited by a moderator:
They are both gorgeous babies! Love the "smiling" pic of the chestnut, too cute
default_laugh.png
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Oooh La La, Lucky indeed w/that maiden, that little girl is going to be stunning!
default_smile.png

Beautiful foals, Sharman! So fortunate how it all worked out with your maiden mare.

Peggy

PS I gave Fancy your message! She is a great mom!

Back