Thought from Barnbums post

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many of these I'd love to repeat, like Jane (who has gotten me used to that particular British way of saying things straight-out), Nootka (who is just the most wonderful lady and I LOVE to hang out with in person), Buckskin gal for her kind words in private during tough times, some of the lurkers (you know who you are!) and the list goes on and on. The forum family is large!

But to pick three who have not been mentioned yet, I'd have to say Susanne, MiniHgal and Triggy&Blue. Susanne always makes me laugh and says things that badly need to be said-- usually with eloquence and wit-- and is right there telling me to keep my chin up when things get tough. Breanna encouraged me when I first got started in CDE's and gave me advice and friendship, showing me how to teach over the internet. I hope in some measure I'm passing on what she gave me since college is keeping her a bit busy right now. Shirley is a true horsewoman and has kindly extended me her friendship and her Hyperbike, going so far as to drive me two hours home and back when I locked my keys in my car at her barn one night. Thank you all for everything! My life would not be the same without you.

Oh, and BlueRocket for her wonderful instant messages and a trip I hope to make next year!

Then there's Shari, Loren&Rocky, Sterling, Skipsmom, Dr. Pam....I've really liked WarPony's few posts. Valerie, Country Rose, the Crabby Chickens...Oh! How could I forget ClickMini? There are so many!

NEXT!

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
Gosh Jodi, you know how I am. I bawled after reading what you wrote about me. Honey I feel the same way about you! And Beccy, my sister in the North!

I did not want to post and chance hurting anyone's feelings if I forgot to list you. This whole forum is my family and I love you all! Just the way you are! Even when there is a hot debate going on, I see and agree with all sides and then decide things for myself. Just the reading, kicks on my own thinking on subjects.

AWESOME!

But if I had to name my actual friends? My heart is full and their friendship means everything to me!

Off the top of my head: :lol:

DakotahMoon_Ranch is my best friend and sister.

MinimomNC I love her so very much and I miss her.

Kira98 is such a great friend!

Beccy I love her to death!

ScoopieDoo and her mom Backwoodsnanny, I love these wonderful ladies SO much!

Justanothercowgirl is totally cool and my new sister

Bluerocket has a huge heart and she really cares

lvponies is great and I'm glad she's my friend! Thanks to her, I quit smoking!

Lauralee is a lady I admire and could talk to forever

Charmedminis is so sweet and a great friend!

SunQuest Ah Nila I love you! {{{hugs}}}

Marion59 is so nice and giving! What a super lady!

Gena is a true friend that is a blessing

Robin TrueJoy is a gal I love too

MBennettp would be my partner in horsiness fun if we lived closer!

Dona is a lady of honesty

Vertical Limit she's my bud! I love when she posts!

Nootka posts JUST what I'm thinking. We think alike!

rocking r Is a neat lady

Jill is cool and fun and is so nice to make our avatars (thanks Jill!)

Rabbitsfizz OMG Bonnie, you described Jane perfectly and it's so true!

BFogg Bonnie, you know I love ya!

And MaryLou that I just LOVE and I thank her for this place that is a huge part of my life.

I miss Justaboutgeese. And I enjoy posts by Russ, Lyn, KayKay and so many others!

I'm afraid I missed some and if I did, I'm sorry!

Though I dont post often I have to post to this one just to say Thank You to several

First of course is my own Scoopie Doo but not sure if family members count but she is my pride and my heart and I could wish no more for any mother and daughter

Then there is Dimimore Debs you know how blessed I feel to call you friend

Bonnie I never could have gotten Roy Boy to 3 without you

horsecrazy Liz without you Im not sure I could have survived our bout with laminitis my little girl is completely recovered and has had no more issues thanks to your support when I was crazy

I love Tony's posts and his beautiful horses and just think he does sooo very much for the mini horse community

And Lee Crutchfield for his untiring attempts to educate and inform even in our forgotten corner of the world

And I have to second Jodi's post about Robin (Reo) who has b een there everytime we have needed someone I feel as though shes our angel

And of course Marty who has always inspired me to do better and to hold Christmas in my heart.

There are sooo many others whose posts I enjoy daily even when I dont respond often you have a lasting effect without even knowing you are doing it. So Thank YOu to all of you forum members who make this a wonderful place to come.

Oh man could I fill up a page here!!! First off I want to say that I have met and formed some awesome bonds and friendships on this forum that could never have happened with conversations over the phone or first time meetings. There are so many of you who have inspired or touched my life in one way or another, I am very grateful. I too don't want to leave anyone out and I am so sorry in advance if I do just that. But I too want to mention a few for one reason or another have put a smile on my face.

LizR (Hosscrazy)- My extended forum sister out in my homeland of CA. We've cried together, laughed together and bantered back and forth like long distant sisters would.

Nancy (Equuisize) - My big forum sister who I miss so much since she has'nt been able to be on her computer lately with the floods and disasters that have happened out where she lives. We got to meet this past spring and her and her Michael are just the best people in the world!

Then there's Mary (MBennet) - Who we've just started e-mailing and she's keeping me posted on all the goings on in OK...where my sites are set to grown roots at!

runamuk - Who altho she does not post much I look forward to her posts as well....someone who shoots strait from the hip and is not afraid to tell what's on her mind.

Leia (hobbyhorse23), MiniHgal, Willowwood, AlB, Milominis and Dr. Pam.....I so enjoy all their driving posts and pics and the knowledge and info they share so we can all benefit from it.

Also there is Nila, who is always logical and grounded, Jill who's growing herd she enjoys sharing with us (one day that girl is going to have a kick-@ss breeding program!), all the people who share their joys and laughs with their puppy and dog fotos, farmhand for his help with the technical stuff, REO who's just there with a kind word when you need it, Mona for all her help with the auction, especially when the dork in me comes out
default_wacko.png
: , Mary Lou for her generosity with this forum, Becky in OKC, Davie who when she posts on someone's thread that is in peril I love reading her words of kindness and prayer, Dimimore....love to hear about the daysin the hollow, MiniV whose love and light abound to anyone who needs comforting, Sharon my friend in norther NJ...we compare notes, nootka for her kind words of Lakota as she's grown and progressed in her training, tifflunn ...love them pics of Storm, anoki...sharing dog shows and events, Lisa Ruff N Tuff ....I'll never forget that she "loves" chickens
default_wink.png
: , littlesteppers my first awesome beautiful harness...and the list goes on and on. If I've left anyone out I did'nt mean to!!! I hope we can keep adding to this thread as Christmas goes on, as I'm sure there are many, many more who have made me giggle when I was down, or smile just with a pic or two and sometimes I don't post because I'm just passing thru....but never the less it is greatly appreciated. OK I'm being long winded now...I kinda feel like I've won an academy award and am thanking all the people who have made it all "possible"!!! OK...so i hear the music...that's my cue to cut it short.....for now..... :saludando:

Gotta keep this on the top page because there are still people on the forum that have not yet had a kind word said about them! Come on now everyone has done something nice
default_yes.gif
: I know I could name a whole lot more but would like for one person to name just one other person so this goes for awhile. This really is a great bunch of mixed personalities that keeps things interesting.
default_thumbup.gif
: Mary

here comes some more love!!!!

vicky texas and margaret have become good friends to me, and i love reading their posts.

sam (sammyelle) was i think the first youth member i really got to know. now we're buddies, even though i'm in california and she's in australia!!! luv ya sammy!

also, i like seeing CheyAut around. she has such beautiful horses, lovely pictures, and kind words.

and...we can't forget donna and Cindy!
default_wub.png
: (qtrrae and DunPainted) these girls were the only ones i knew before i came to the forum, and i enjoy reading what they have to say. i'm ALWAYS happy to see them on!!! totally lov'em!
default_yes.gif
: (((((HUGS))))

boy i could go on 4 ever, the poeple here are all so nice!

default_yes.gif
: Gage, He allows me to belive that there is still hope for the youth of today.

I wanted to add to this real quick.

So many people on this forum make posts that I enjoy everytime they post. All of the obvious ones that everyone enjoys but a couple that have not been mentioned.

Suzy Hooper of Show Horses by Suzy, She always has a positive thought to share, otherwise she just does not post. So, everything she does post is just so nice.

Wisteria (Monette) is full of wisdom and great intelligence and is willing to share her thoughts and feelings on things, although I have not seen her here for a while now and she is missed.

And Janine (Trinity Acres) I love reading her posts because she does not camoflauge her feelings and will freely include a "Bless You" or a lovely message from her beliefs without holding back. I love that about her. I try to do that too, but sometimes I do stop. And you do not have to believe the same way to respect the amount of courage it takes to say "God Bless You" to someone when you do not know if they have the same faith.

I HAVE SO MUCH TO SAY BUT CAN'T PUT IT INTO WORDS! EVERYONE HAS BEEN A GREAT HELP TO ME. WHEN I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL SO MANY OF YOU POSTED GET WELL WISHES AND EACH AND EVERYONE MEANT ALOT
default_yes.gif
: ! I HAVE MADE SOME SPECIAL FRIENDS, THEY LET ME EMAIL AND WHINE ALITTLE AND WE ALSO LAUGH. TERI, YOU ALWAYS BRIGHTEN MY DAY AND CRACK ME UP :lol: ! SUSAN, I ENJOY BIG HORSEY TALK AND HELP KEEPING MY CHIN UP! CORINNE, ALWAYS WITH AN ANSWER AND KIND WORD,(EDIT OPTIONS CORINNE, EDIT OPTIONS :risa_suelos: !) THANK YOU ALL...I AM LUCKY TO HAVE FOUND YOU!
default_smile.png
NIKKI

And God Bless you for your kind words to add to this post
default_yes.gif
: Mary

So many people on this forum make posts that I enjoy everytime they post. All of the obvious ones that everyone enjoys but a couple that have not been mentioned.

Suzy Hooper of Show Horses by Suzy, She always has a positive thought to share, otherwise she just does not post. So, everything she does post is just so nice.

Wisteria (Monette) is full of wisdom and great intelligence and is willing to share her thoughts and feelings on things, although I have not seen her here for a while now and she is missed.

And Janine (Trinity Acres) I love reading her posts because she does not camoflauge her feelings and will freely include a "Bless You" or a lovely message from her beliefs without holding back. I love that about her. I try to do that too, but sometimes I do stop. And you do not have to believe the same way to respect the amount of courage it takes to say "God Bless You" to someone when you do not know if they have the same faith.

Oh my gosh, I know, I know you said to name one person, I can't do that.

I would just like to say "everyone" who posts on the forum. Not only do we get insight from: so many cheerleaders, several coaches, many, many players, ....when we need help, encouragement, and sometimes we need "time outs", but we all get so much from each person on the forum, it's just amazing.

We also get a lot of cyber listening, and I know there are lurkers out there and I don't want to forget them, because I know I "lurk" occasionally and I don't always have things to add, but you can bet I read a lot of the posts, so I have to include them as well.

For those that help give spiritual help, prayers, advice, or just a hug or hand hold over the internet, I truly want to thank you all.

I would have to say MaryLou & Mona, and the other moderators and of course.

I have a very special place in my heart for my PAC NW ladies (WA, OR, ID), and you all know who you are, a couple of them have been sooooo much help to me after my Mom passed away, I can't thank them enough for "being here" for me to email to and give me advice on different books, etc.

So, because we have such a "vast" amount of people, I couldn't just name 1. Sorry, my bad. :bgrin

This is a fantastic thread - trying to bump it back up again to the top.

I can't name just one person - and there are many that I might miss -- (may have to edit this a few times!).

REO - Robin is not appreciated nearly enough - she does so many things for so many people behind the scenes (foal count, Secret Santa to name a few) - Her posts are always encouraging and positive - --- and life has not treated her well. She is an inspiration to me for sure.

Hobbyhorse23 - Leia makes me want to get out there and compete in the CDE -- her postings are informative, candid and positive - I always learn things from her. I can't believe the energy she has - and the wonderful new VSECDE website she has started up. She sets the standard for me.

WWMinis - Bill and Wannalynn have so much love to share with their dwarves - and they are such nice people in real life too!

Kay Kay, Mona, Mary Lou LB -- do so many amazing things for us --thanks to them.

Tony, Dr. Pam and Lynn and Sunquest (Nila) - for the wisdom they share --

So many people --- I know I am not remembering everyone who has made an impact in my life-- and who I appreciate on the forum.

Thank you to any I have missed/not mentioned.

Thanks to all.

Happy Holidays to you

JJay

[SIZE=12pt]Thank you Stacey! What a nice compliment. I'm touched.
default_wub.png
: I'm blessed to have you as my friend. I've made some absolutely wonderful friends on this forum over the past couple years and in that I'm truly blessed. I certainly thank God for allowing our paths to cross on the vast worldwide web...just think of the "coincidences" if you will...or maybe "Divine Appointments?"
default_yes.gif
: I owe a BIG THANK YOU to all those who have sent encouraging words, cheery emails, prayers and have supported me through some difficult times! That means so much.[/SIZE]

I believe THAT is the biggest benefit of this forum...not just sharing horsey info but ... THE FRIENDSHIPS we make and the fantastic support network that this forum becomes in time of need. Each and everyone of you plays a vital part in that. It's comforting to know that when things are looking tuff, we have a safehaven to share our pain frustrations and fears, and when things are going great we can celebrate the good times, dreams come true and enjoy a good laugh or two.

A hats off to all my friends and to those I haven't met yet! :bgrin

Janine

Latest posts

Back