Thought from Barnbums post

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckskin gal

Reaction score
Barnbums post reminds me of how so many on this forum add something to our day and sometimes much more. Sometimes even very small acts of kindness such as saying something nice about another person can mean so very much.....with that said, I would like to start a thread where each person will say something nice about another person on the forum or thank them for some small kindness shown. I would like to start by saying Kay has done such a super service by having the rescue program and helping the kids learn more about conformation. Thanks Kay, Mary

Come on now lets keep this going until Christmas :bgrin

I am editing to add, please try real hard to say something good about a person that is not yet on the list. surely each person has something good about them and we don't want this to just be a popularity contest. I know you can do it. Lift another person that doesn't yet have their name on...please, with sugar on it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Christmas Thread.

I Love Barnbum's ( Karla ) kind words and lovely pictures of her Garden and horses with her helpful children she teaches, would have loved to have such a caring teacher like her. She never has a nasty thing to say to anyone
default_wub.png
:

She has a heart full of The Christmas Spirit
default_cheekkiss.gif
:

[SIZE=12pt]NEXT[/SIZE]

awww i am really touched. Thanks both of you for the kind words. i woke up feeling bad (coming down with a cold) and you guys sure put a smile on my face!

there are so many that i always look for their posts hard to pick just one!

I always look forward to Carols posts *(vertical limit) she always just tells it like it is and i love talking conformation with her! I know if we ever met face to face we both just go on for hours :lol:

I have made a life-long friend through this forum, and I feel truly blessed to have her. She is always there for me with an encouraging word or a much needed cyber hug. She loves with her whole heart and would NEVER ask for anything in return. My Robin (REO) is one very kind hearted and genuinely GOOD person, and I am very lucky to be able to call her Friend. I LOVE YOU ROBIN!!!!!!!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Oh so many.....

Pam from Horsefeathers who has a heart filled with giving and with a beautiful golden light and who is not afraid to drive in traffic in Tulsa!!.

Lisa from Ozark who gives so much to so many and most of the time no one even knows!!

And my good friend Diana Fiorey who should have a pair of wings 60 feet high!

Wonder how many people Debs and Maryann help everyday?

Karen (my dream farm) who gives and gives and gives without looking out for whats in it for her.

AND MOST OF ALL MARYLOU AND MONA WITHOUT WHOM WE WOULDN'T EVEN BE HERE!!!!

GOD bless them all!!!!!
default_wub.png
:

Sandy (sedeh) and Michelle (wesco) are my best friends and my life would have a huge hole in it without them. We have each others back, laugh, cry, argue and harass each other. I am truly grateful to have them both in my life.

I enjoy Nootka's common sense answers to posts and enjoy her tremendously.

Rabbitsfizz drives me crazy sometimes with her replies and makes me laugh so hard at times. I like her spunkiness.

Marty is the earthmother taking everyone under her wing and scolding when we need it.

Maryann has good advice and is always ready with an answer to posts.

Bonnie for her insight helping us have a better relationship with our horses.

There are many more on here but these are the ones that come to mind. I am grateful to have all my cyber friends.

How could I forget my Jane(Rabbitsfizz) I never miss one of her posts. Shes my favorite tell it like it is let the chips fall wherever they may gal!!!

She will say a lot of times what a some of us think but don't want to say!! I just love her!!!!! I once saw a poster that totally cracked me up. It was of a huge eagle ready to eat this tiny tiny mouse and the mouse is giving it the finger. :bgrin

Thats our Jane!!
default_wub.png
:

Bonnie

I have made a life-long friend through this forum, and I feel truly blessed to have her. She is always there for me with an encouraging word or a much needed cyber hug. She loves with her whole heart and would NEVER ask for anything in return. My Robin (REO) is one very kind hearted and genuinely GOOD person, and I am very lucky to be able to call her Friend. I LOVE YOU ROBIN!!!!!!!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
I COMPLETELY second that!!!!
default_wub.png
:

and add:

Susan (horsehug) She always has a kind and encouraging word for everyone,

Kim (Dakotahmoonranch) also a sweetheart,

Sue C - another wonderful friend I have made here, and such an encouragement to me at times!

Carol (Vertical Limit) - just another pure sweetheart
default_yes.gif
:

Debi (SevenAcres) ditto!

Debbie (Doobie) ditto again!

and there are a few others who aren't on the board a lot, but are very special to me. Gee I could go on all day!!!

Love you guys
default_wub.png
:

Kay always has some of the best info to add and i love having her as a friend and show buddy.

Marty, i am so thankful for her just being here.

So many more, i'll prob post more later.
default_yes.gif
:

There are many on the forum that I look forward to reading their posts...they are always so thoughtful, helpful and kind.

I have made a wonderful friend through the forum that we talk almost daily through emails. I can always vent to her about whatever is going on in my life...I finally get to meet her next Wednesday and I can't wait. It's going to be a bitter sweet day as I'll deliver my last two minis to their new owners, but afterwards I'll finally get to meet Leya (Jack's Thunder) who doesn't live too far from the new owners. Knowing that I get to see Leya and her family that day has made the thought of the last two minis going much easier. I can't wait.

I enjoy all of those mentioned, plus a lot more. I feel as if I have missed something large in my day if I don't come on the forum and read. I don't do a lot of posting, because I feel someone has already said all that I could say, and most of the time, more meaningfully. Sometimes, I am at a loss for words to post. But, I sure enjoy all those who do post, and do it most kindly!

We would like to thank Lynn for her non sugar coated plain as the nose on your face answers to our sometimes stupid questions privately on conformation and is this a good horse to buy or not when directed to a webpage. l personally find Rabbit is always a joy :bgrin when she gets started on a topic...and everyone always seems to be there in sad times which is amazing and by all rights deserves a big hand :aktion033:

NEXT

I would like to say that Vikki is an inspiration, with all that has happened to her with her accident (falling off the big horse and breaking her back etc.) she always keeps her chin up! :488:

and Shawna who posts mostly on the donkey forum, who was such a great help to me with the problems getting Wiley home.
default_thumbup.gif
:

as for the rest of you i do not know anyone well enough to remember who said what as i have been learning the forum, but you are ALL a great bunch of folks and i look forward to getting to know you better. :aktion033: :aktion033:

i totally agree with what everyone else has said about those people. i enjoy reading many certain people's posts, and some just seem to put a smile on my face.

some no one else have mentioned yet is....

i LOVE reading the adventures of LOREN&ROCKY!!! i think it's soooo cute how slick comes in the house, rocky has a different color each time i see him....watching loren grow up.
default_wub.png
:

and also, i never would have met Liz (hosscrazy) if it weren't for this forum! i didn't know there would be such a great mini horse owner and wonderful friend, just down the street from me! it's lights up my day to see her around the forum, or around town! :bgrin

oh and of course, i don't think anyone has mentioned her...EQUUSIZE!!!!!!!!!!!! i love nancy.
default_wub.png
: we first started talking when Zita was born, because we noticed we had identical mares. well then we just became the best of buddies, and i love seeing her kind words come through in her posts. my heart goes out her now, with everything that has happened.
default_pray.gif
:
default_wub.png
:

what a wonderful thread!!!!!!!!

I really appreciate Rabbit, and Lynn's straightforward way of approaching everything. Most times they can say just what I'm thinking, but would never find the words to express myself.

I am really glad I found this forum, and that as a whole we are able to be strong for each other, and support each other in almost anything!!

Teresa

I find it interesting in how this forum crosses the boundries between cyber-friendships and face-to-face friendships. I'm so glad that Michelle(wesco farms) and Kathi(wcr) introduced me to the forum. Gets bad though when I "read" about something that has happened to one of them on the forum before I get a phone call about it!

I've gotten to meet a few forum people in person and it's always a good experience. I love Liz(nootka) and her insight on things. I'm so thankful that I hooked up with Debra(CAM) and got to do the Liz shoot. Now when I hear Debra's escapades with her potential predators in her new place I've not only met her but have seen her horses.

Then there are the ones you feel you know just from their posts. Marty, Rabbitfizz, Kaykay, Bonnie, and so many others that when I read their posts just makes my day!

Of course, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to Mary Lou and Mona and all the moderaters that make this forum function so well. :aktion033: :aktion033:

ok here goes

firstly my best friend...cappealbeag IRL for just being you, and making me laugh when i feel like crying

rabbitfizz.for all the advise.and being the most honest striaght in your face kinda girl,which im becoming used to lol

marty because we have so much in common and because shes such a genuine girl

bonnie.....for just being bonnie and wearing her heart on her sleeve

barnbum....i just love,

nootka .....for being on my wavelength and always taking the time to reply to my posts...

sanny.....for sending me flat stanley lol

and marylou and carol for telling it how it is

[SIZE=12pt]This is a great holiday thread! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I joined this forum when I needed I needed some help with my mini donkeys. Corinne aka MeadowRidge Farm answered all my questions and helped me SO much. She has so much knowledge of donkeys, horses big and small and she is always more than willing to help me when I need it. Then animals aside, we email just about every day and I have found that we have so much in common. She listens to me when things are going good or bad and always tells it like it is! Thank you! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Then there's Teri aka JumpinJackFarm. She ALWAYS does her best to answer everyone's posts and she always has something funny or uplifting to say.
default_yes.gif
: We are both fools over our goats too! We email too and I always look forward to hearing from her.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I love my forum friends!
default_wub.png
: Thank you guys! Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

The ones that have already been mentioned are super! We don't hear much from Dr Pam or Al B anymore but they always have good, helpful and some times very funny posts.

We miss you both. Don't be strangers.

And then there's Russ and Vic who are both so nice.

I'm not around much these days BUT I do check in too see if

STERLING has any posts, especially ones with her dog's
default_wink.png
:

Then there is ANOKI ...who still hasn't answered my email (hint hint :bgrin :bgrin )

For my ACD's always has insightful posts that I appreciate

oh and SHELLY...the one with the gorgeous saluki in her avatar
default_wink.png
:

After being here since oh geeze before dinosaurs roamed the internet
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I have made alot of friends with a number of people and we communicate via IM, email, etc.......

I am thankful for this place and all the interesting people I have met here.........

Latest posts

Back