Those who register, PTHA

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
For those who have some horses registered PTHA,,,,,

does it make your horses worth more?

Why you chose to register your horse with PTHA?

Do you attend shows?

Are there many in your area?

Anything else you could add as far as information, I am just starting to check into it.

thanks

Our situation is fairly unique because we chose to breed PtHA registered minis. All all of our minis are PtHA and AMHA registered and most are also AMHR. We already had a Pinto and were showing on the Pinto circuit in our area when we got into minis. We love the Pinto shows and the structure of awards that PtHA offers, from ROMs and Championships, to Legion of Merit Awards and and Supreme Championships. In our area the shows are very popular and class sizes are getting bigger all the time. Our Club - New England Pinto Horse Association - offers 4 shows a year and year end awards. I don't know that I would register my horses with PtHA to get more money for them, but I think it is a definite plus to be able to point people (especially beginners) to the Pinto shows, which are very family-friendly and fun! We also see showing at Pinto shows as one way to promote minis to other horse people. You can get info on Pintos at www.pinto.org

I have several horses registered A/R and PtHA. We showed pinto with our full size Paints and when I went strictly mini we just kept on going
default_smile.png
The horse in my avatar is at a trainers this year taking his shot at the Pinto World show, I'm only sad because I can't get away to do this myself. We've found that Pinto is more accepting of the slightly more stock type horses which I prefer. Like New England our Pennsylvania PtHA shows are growing in mini numbers every year. I've also sold several horses to people looking to show Pinto.

I show and register my horses with PtHA because I want too. I can't answer if makes my horses more marketable, but I did sell our first foal this year at 3 weeks of age and she is PtHA as well as ASPC. But, she would have sold quickly regardless of her PtHA status. I show because I enjoy the shows and they usually give away nice awards. Here in TX, there are several PtHA shows and World is just north of us in Tulsa!

We are just getting into miniature horses after years of having BIG horses... ;-) We are planning on registering any pintos we get with PtHA because there are ALOT of pinto shows around here and the World Show is only about an hour away! I don't even think there are any AMHA/AMHR shows where we live, we will have to go to Missouri and Arkansas...

We are just getting into miniature horses after years of having BIG horses... ;-) We are planning on registering any pintos we get with PtHA because there are ALOT of pinto shows around here and the World Show is only about an hour away! I don't even think there are any AMHA/AMHR shows where we live, we will have to go to Missouri and Arkansas...
Sorry, forgot to add that, I am not sure about minis but with big horses having them double registered with pinto always made a big difference...

There are SEVERAL AMHR shows in OK (3 in Ada and at least 2 in Claremore!).

Hello,

We love showing our minis at the pinto shows. They are so much fun and they have alot to offer in the awards dept. It could make your mini more marketable if people are looking for colored horses that have the PTHA papers to go along with the color.
default_yes.gif
:

I agree. I am not sure it makes them worth more, but it has always been a plus to bring both my Large and Small Equines together under one show. So I also register PtHA because i want to. I think the fees are reasonable and the people are wonderful
default_yes.gif
:

Kris

I have several horses registered A/R and PtHA. We showed pinto with our full size Paints and when I went strictly mini we just kept on going
default_smile.png
The horse in my avatar is at a trainers this year taking his shot at the Pinto World show, I'm only sad because I can't get away to do this myself. We've found that Pinto is more accepting of the slightly more stock type horses which I prefer. Like New England our Pennsylvania PtHA shows are growing in mini numbers every year. I've also sold several horses to people looking to show Pinto.
bitsy that mini picture is the most beautiful horse i have ever seen (please don't tell my joey) what a spunky looking personality too! you should be very proud!

We are now members of the PtHA and planning on attending some of the area Pinto Shows in New York and Pa & the Pinto World Show as well. We are in the process of registering some of our shetlands and miniature horses into the Pinto Registry which I feel will offer more areas for marketing.

We have the 2005 AMHR Reserve National Champion Multi-Colored stallion and the 2006 World Show Reserve Champion (Little Wee Lord of the Ring) that will be traveling the Pinto series that has been very sucessful in model and aged stallion as well and the 2006 ASPC Futurity Stallion at the Shetland Congress (Buckeye WCF Classical Story, see the above picture in my avatar) will also be competing.

DSC00393.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My mini is registered as a PtHA... its the only registry that's worth anything to me that would take him for a reasonable price. Since I don't know his pedigree, it would cost me $2000 to register him with the AMHA, and frankly its not worth that to me
default_smile.png

wow :aktion033: it is under $100 to register an already registered horse pinto

am i reading this right???

if so its definately worth the $ here

there are quite a few pinto shows in florida

It is costing me $65.00 for my 4 yr old miniature stallion and it will run me $50.00 for my yearling shetland stallion and they break it down by ages for how much it will cost you to have them registered Pinto along with some information and submitting photo's basically like the other registrys require. Memberships are $30.00 per year plus $10.00 for you ammy card and plus addtional $20.00 if you want the magazine. They seem to be rather quick in getting the membership cards to you but the registration paperwork takes longer to receive back. I have their link on my web site.

Latest posts

Back