This old man still has it!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura

Reaction score
Magic (Hidden Meadows Making Black Magic) was turned out with his girls today for the first time in a WHILE
biggrin.gif
He was a happy old man. One of his sons' paddocks is right next door, so they had to show off a bit for each other and they ladies
yes.gif

0cf5ed4c.jpg

3699957d.jpg

Here is one of his baby girls from this year, Flying A's Don't Go Breaking My Heart (1/2 sister to AMHR Multiple Reserve Grand Champion mare, Flying A's Hearts Afire)

024759a1.jpg

MVC-021S.jpg

WOW! He is gorgeous and I absolutely LOVE his mane!! How long did it take to get it that long?

His daughter is beautful as well
yes.gif

Jessica

WOW!!! And what a beauty. He sure looks mighty happy - what a show off - not that I blame him. He's got lots to show off.

Barbie

A bit of history. Magic is 15 this year. I retired him from showing in 1995. He has never placed below 5th place in ANY class at any National Championship Show. When he retired, I promised him NO MORE mane thinning and stripping. His bridle path has only been done a few times since then, most recently was last year for the Arkansas Horse Festival Parade Of Breeds
rolleyes.gif

The thing is, I have to CUT off several inches of his tail each year. It just GROWS, even though I just leave it alone completely. He just spent two weeks at the vet's after ripping his BELLY open breeding a mare over the fence!!!
new_shocked.gif
aktion033.gif
He came home with pony tail holders in his forelock...so you could see his pretty face.
wub.gif
They really didn't want him to come home!

Magic is the ultimate drama king and KNOWS the world revolves around him...which is does~LOL
wink.gif
He takes the halter away from you when you try to put it on, trying to get you to hurry up and put it on already! He's also been known to stand, very gently holding my shirt or jacket in his teeth, just so he can keep track of me
biggrin.gif
His babies have the same type of personality
rolleyes.gif

Oh Laura! That filly is beautiful!! Is that the bay you are bring to Tulsa to show?

Yes it is. She will be joined by six other of our foals from this year.
aktion033.gif

Oh she is GORGEOUS!!!!!! I'm in love
wub.gif
Congrats I can hardly wait too see all the other kids you've produced
aktion033.gif

WOW
new_shocked.gif
He is BEAUTIFUL! I love that long mane!
wub.gif
His daughter is a very pretty girl aswell!

I agree that the mane, tail and attitude are to die for.

What I really like is your description of his mindset. I love to hear of stallions who have personality and thinking all the time. They pass on their manners and brains to the future along with great looks.

Laura said:
A bit of history.  Magic is 15 this year.  I retired him from showing in 1995.  He has never placed below 5th place in ANY class at any National Championship Show.  When he retired, I promised him NO MORE mane thinning and stripping.  His bridle path has only been done a few times since then, most recently was last year for the Arkansas Horse Festival Parade Of Breeds 
rolleyes.gif

The thing is, I have to CUT off several inches of his tail each year.  It just GROWS, even though I just leave it alone completely.  He just spent two weeks at the vet's after ripping his BELLY open breeding a mare over the fence!!!
new_shocked.gif

aktion033.gif
  He came home with pony tail holders in his forelock...so you could see his pretty face.  
wub.gif
They really didn't want him to come home!

Magic is the ultimate drama king and KNOWS the world revolves around him...which is does~LOL 
wink.gif
  He takes the halter away from you when you try to put it on, trying to get you to hurry up and put it on already!  He's also been known to stand, very gently holding my shirt or jacket in his teeth, just so he can keep track of me 
biggrin.gif
  His babies have the same type of personality 
rolleyes.gif

438435[/snapback]

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely beautiful, baby and dad.

He deserves to keep adding more progeny on the ground.

Looking forward to seeing more baby pictures of baby of his in the future=)

Tommy

One of my favorite stallions! Like him so much, I bred one of my mares to him a number of years ago. The resulting foal went AMHA National Top 10 Weanling Stallion!
aktion033.gif

He has such style! Love his whole aura... :)

Ginny Long

Magic is 15 now. You would never know it. He is always showing off for the girls.

Latest posts

Back