This is getting ridiculous!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linda_H

Reaction score
Our luck continues to be so bizarre it is almost funny

Rick had surgery Monday to try & open his esphagus so he can begin to try eating with the goal of getting rid of the feeding tube He had a lot of damage from the radiation so he has a stricture that stops the food at the level of C4.

He made it through the operation fine but swallowing is worse We know it is from swelling but his surgeon thought he would be able to try clear liquids & then some soft food before going home Tuesday He was ot able to even swallow 1 sip before he began to choke & had problems breathing!

No one counted on the amount of swelling he has Poor Rick is so discouraged It is hard to be patient Then the surgeon found a small "bump" that was not there before so he biopsied it We will know Friday

OK now it gets carzy I had a mammogram done last August which showed mini calcifications - not always an issue but when I had the follow up inApril there were more & also another cluster started So... I meet with the surgeon next Weds & will have to have a biopsy- I have to hope that lightening ( cancer) will not strike us again I have about reached my limit I hate also to worry Rick he has has enough to deal with!

Please keep us in your prayers

GREAT BIG STRONG PRAYERS! You've both been through enough. Honey, I send you my best for both of you and a big {{{{{HUG}}}}} Hang in there!

Praying really hard for you and your husband.

I'm so sorry you two have to go through these terrible things, I'm praying that things will turn out better for you both very soon. Hang in there.

My dad went thru this surgery also, had the same trouble but things did improve. He learned to carry a bottle of water with him at all times to prevent that choke feeling, as for the breast, I have been there 4 times, I don't go anymore, each time they see the spots, do the needle biopsies and I worry myself to death it is nothing. SO, I pray yours are nothing as well, many of us just have lumpy breasts. Prayers for you both.

[SIZE=14pt]Oh Linda, You are certainly in my prayers.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Linda,

You guys sure have been slammed with cr*p. MORE prayers going your way.......

MA

So sorry to hear of your troubles Linda. Life has not been good to many of us this year. I will add you to my prayers and of course add Rick to them as well.

((((Hugs))))

You and your husband are in our prayers!!!!!!!!!! We just went through tests and surgery with my husband also, I feel for you!!!!

Double prayers heading your way!!!!!!!!!!!
angel4.gif

You and Rick are in my continued thoughts and prayers. Goodness! I feel the frustration in your words. Please take care...I hope all goes well for you and for Rick's recovery.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

I hope the outcome of your biopsy comes out clear.
default_yes.gif
:

They thought mine was scare tissue of some kind and where watching it really close for 12 months (I was having mommograms every 3 months) then it changed in three months, so I had a biopsy which was positive. I was 42 last year.

(((HUGS)))

Jeri

Last edited by a moderator:
Back