The truth about Rockin R

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REO

Reaction score
I'm going to paste here what she told me. I'm devastated.
default_crybaby.gif

Robin, my dear friend,

This is what is going on...I owe this to you. You and Karrel have been here for us since the beginning.

The vein can not be removed, is essence there is nothing that they can do for me. By patch and repair they mean if it is at all possible in this vein not the new one he found. What is happening now with the vein they can not repair. They can remove the ovary, but that is all they can do. Most of my liver is gone. He did find another vein, that is true, not as bad as this one, but it will eventually get there. But he also found this....

Arteriovenous fistula

An arteriovenous fistula is an abnormal channel between an artery and a vein.

Normally, blood flows from arteries into capillaries and then into veins. When an arteriovenous fistula is present, blood flows directly from an artery into a vein, bypassing the capillaries. A person may be born with an arteriovenous fistula (congenital fistula), or a fistula may develop after birth (acquired fistula). Congenital arteriovenous fistulas are uncommon.

If a large acquired arteriovenous fistula is not treated, a large volume of blood flows under high pressure from the artery into the vein network. Vein walls are not strong enough to withstand such high pressure, so the walls stretch and the veins enlarge and bulge (sometimes resembling varicose veins). In addition, blood flows more freely into the enlarged veins than it would if it continued its normal course through the arteries. As a result, blood pressure falls. To compensate for this fall in blood pressure, the heart pumps more forcefully and more rapidly, thus greatly increasing its output of blood. Eventually, the increased effort may strain the heart, causing heart failure. The larger the fistula, the more quickly heart failure can develop. All arteriovenous malformations (AVMs) are present at birth, but they are not always clinically evident.

If not treated, arteriovenous fistulas can be very dangerous. Tissues below the fistula may not get enough blood and may die. If too much blood is diverted through the fistula, heart complications may occur. Normally, blood flows from arteries into capillaries and then into veins. When an arteriovenous fistula is present, blood flows directly from an artery into a vein, bypassing the capillaries.

In essence my vascular system is shot.

So I am going back for more MRI's and tests to see if this can be treated/removed. This is why he has to be present when the ovary is removed. It is attached to the vein that is attached to my ovary. I swear Robin, I just feel like giving up, he gave us some hope, but no rope to hang on to. When he said to go and live my life he meant he was sorry that there was nothing they could do for me. This vein and the arteriovenous fistula could rupture at any time, next week, next year, 10 years etc. They just don't know. So on the 20th I go back for more tests and another MRI. All I have done is cry, I knew not to get my hopes up, but I did anyway. At least he can help with removing the ovary. I feel that is the most of my pain right now. I don't want Art to wake up one morning and me lay next to him gone. How HORRIBLE that would be for him!!!!! I am going to become a burden of ill health. I am going back to work next week. I am not going to lay around in this house and wait to die. For whatever time I have left (whatever that might be, hopefully years) I want to use it not waste it. I have a gr.daughter that I have not got to tell her that I love her. Dr. Said that flying is out of the question because of the pressure changes. But she will be coming here to visit in May.

My friend, my sister, I am sorry to dump this on you, but you are all that I have. My mom and son don't even know everything, they would be devastated. Art knows everything and he is beside himself. If you would, please post this for me on the forum. Tell them that I just did not have the heart to tell them what was going on after they prayed so hard and gave so much encouragement for us. And thank them for me. I feel like they have been let down. I wanted to tell them I just couldn't. If you don't want to that is okay to. I am keeping my chin up, that is all that I have left to do. Thank you my friend, we will get together soon....Theresa

I have no words.......other than I am still praying with all my heart, that something can be done. I am keeping Theresa and her family in my thoughts and prayers.......I wish there was more I could do.

Miracles CAN and do HAPPEN and we will be praying for you Theresa. I really do know how you feel I truly truly do, cry if you have to but live and laugh and love while you can for that is our true joy in life. Hang in there and we will keep praying for you. You can PM me anytime you want. Love you, Linda

default_crybaby.gif
default_pray.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_pray.gif
Be sure to live everyday to its fullest and always let Art know how much you love him.

I am not going to lay around in this house and wait to die.
As very sorry as I was to read the letter from Theresa, that statement shows what an amazingly strong lady she is.

Theresa I wish I knew what to say but please remember that none of us are guaranteed, a next week, a next month, or a next year. All we can do is live our life the best way we know how. Do what you can when you can, and on bad days take things easy until they get better again. The prognosis may not be what we all hoped for for you, but our prayers will continue and I, for one, believe that miracles CAN and DO happen.

God Bless!!

Sounds to me like she is so worn out and tired........and gone into deep depression

What say we all flood her with cards and fun stuff to lift her spirits?

AppyLover2 said:
...remember that none of us are guaranteed, a next week, a next month, or a next year. All we can do is live our life the best way we know how. Do what you can when you can, and on bad days take things easy until they get better again.
Profound words Donna. I'll be sharing them with my friend's dad who could certainly use the reminder as he deals with his terminal cancer.

Theresa, I'm so sorry to hear yet another of our forum friends has been struck down with misfortune. I can't imagine what you're going through but please know that our prayers are with you and Art and your family and this does not have to be the end of anything, much less everything. You keep right on being yourself, brave girl, and hang in there. You didn't give up on Dreamer, did you? Don't give up on yourself either! Miracles can happen, and sometimes grace can be found in the strangest of places.

We're with you.

Leia

Theresa-

I am sorry there wasn't better news. I, along with your forum friends will be praying for a miracle.

Like others have said, live each day to the fullest and love Art and your minis.

Barbie

I am so sorry ot hear this, but thank you for letting us know. I will be praying so very hard for a miracle to happen..miracles DO happen, more then we know at times. Like everyone has said, live each day to the fullest, love Art, family and your minis.

Corinne

Faith is the big key right now and putting this is His hands! Tons of prayers coming to you and I can barely see to type through the tears- this is awful and not what I had ever hoped to hear. I too, am devistated.

Please stay strong and remember what everyone is saying Miracles do happen. You and art are in my prayers every day

Kay

Theresa, I am so sorry. Remember, MIRACLES DO HAPPEN! There are a lot of people here, and we have faith. Focus on the good he said, and live your life. Know there are a lot of people here saying prayers. Get lots of rest, take care of yourself, love your family and keep your faith.

I agree Marty, we need an address to flood with cards!

I am so sorry to hear this. I hope that she is able to bead the odds and prognosis laid out for her. I hope her life is filled with hope, she deserves it.

Please know my thoughts are with you, Theresa and family.

Liz

Oh I am so sorry to hear this.

I am praying for you both that a Miracle does happen.

Keep good positive thoughts, to ensure you feel the best you can.

It is proven that when we have negative thoughts, our bodies produce a more acid environment, not good.

(((HUGS))) to you all during this time.

Missy

Theresa I know this is more than you think you can bear, but lay these burdens at the feet of GOD and let him take them away so that you can concentrate on living a full, happy life one day at a time. This is how I got through my first cancer scare. The power of PRAYER is great and you have a whole family here that is doing just that for you. PRAYER does make a difference and we are here to help you.

Peace be with you dear friend. I know that you have the strength, determination and get-up and go to see this through--some days may be harder than others but I know you will. If you need us we're here. Don't hesitate to let us know what we can do to help.

GOD, please place your halo of grace and healing around Theresa, Art and her family, please give her freedom from pain and direct her to doctors who may help her heal her body. Give her strength so that she may continue to be a light to others in the fight for our rescued minis that so need her. Please lift this 'black' cloud that she seems to be surround by and let the rays of you glorious light shine upon her, comfort her and give her strength. Amen

REO, keep up posted.

This is terrible. I am so sorry to hear about it. A lot of things seem down lately. I pray for good things to happen. I hope for her and her family.
default_pray.gif

Back