The Secret

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

just_4_kixx

Reaction score
Has any one read the book called “the Secretâ€, by Rhonda Byrne ? I’ve been reading about it on the web, and wanted to see if anyone had read it.

They were discussing that on the Sunday Morning show on CBS. Exact same concepts as the Power of Positive Thinking.

I just got an ad from Barnes and Noble for a good deal on the DVD, book or audiobook. I am thinking of ordering the audiobook to listen to at work. Need to get my mind going on track at work. Things suck right now big time, I have NOTHING to do for the entire 9 hour day and it is really getting to me. I am not the typical state employee, need to be busy. My mantra 'this too shall pass' is getting old....
default_sad.png

Edited to add:

Just went and looked, I am not religious, and the reviews pretty much said this uses a religious slant to it. So, maybe on to Power of Positive Thinking instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed yesterday that they have the book for $14.37 at both Amazon & Target. I was thinking about getting a copy of the book to see what it's like. I told the friend that I looked it up for that if it works, I'll buy the Cd for the truck, one for work, and one to play all night long. A copy of the DVD, so I can watch it all the time, and one copy of the book to keep with me at all times. Lol... She agreed. She did buy a copy last night and started reading it. How ever she lives in CA, and I'm in MT, so I haven't heard how it is yet. I was hoping someone here had either read it or has some good input about it.

My Mother has the Book and the Movie. She absolutely loves both and is living by them, it's really working for her. She's been sharing the DVD with friends.

Here's a short clip on you tube from the Secret. It does seem to be a really good way to live
default_yes.gif
:

You just have to have an open mind and heart!

Jody-- Just for an FYI, my family and I are about as un-religious as you can get, if this was even the slightest bit religious my Mom would not even think of listening to it or watching it. She says it is spiritual but in such a way that it relates to whoever listens to it. She also has it on tape and listens to it at work and in the car, she just loves it. I haven't had a chance yet to watch the movie, but will soon, and let you know from me personally weather it has a religious slant.
default_yes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
My sister gave me the cd to watch and to be honest I had a hard time watching it. It is really the power of positive thinking in a new wrapper JMO tho.

It will really excite you if thinking like that is new to you. After seeing the show on Oprah i ( and getting really excited) was really high on reading it. But I really don't think its anything really new and astounding! Well worth reading of course as reading is never wasted. But for me I had to watch the cd over time because i got (I am ashamed to say this) bored.

Please get it and read it but I would go for the book instead of the cd.

Slinking away now with face kind of red.

I think maybe its because of the hype? I was a little to excited as to what this astounding book would be?

Bon

It is no Secret, I have tried this in my life.

Thanked my higher power every night for what he has done for me.

In the morning thank him for what he is going to give me, not what I think I need.

My mother taught me this...
default_wub.png
:

It is really the power of positive thinking in a new wrapper JMO tho.
I watched the Oprah shows on it and it was really great, but it was nothing new to me. I try to live that way every day. HOWEVER, my husband came across the full video on the internet and watched it and it's made a BIG difference in HIS life, which in turn, is nice for me.
default_yes.gif
: My husband is a cynic and was raised with a ton of negative energy by his father. I'm what keeps him somewhat balanced. I've been preaching the "secret" to him for 19 years, however, it wasn't until he watched The Secret movie that he finally "got it." So I'm glad they decided to do it. I think it will help a lot of people see things in a way they just didn't or couldn't before.

Latest posts

Back