The Pink "Mini" Skirt Cowgirl

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reitenworks

Reaction score
Hello All, I'm new to posting on the forum so I hope you'll bear with me. My name is Tara and you might remember me from an ad about a year ago for "Bye George". I was the girl in the pink outfit, some referred to as the "Hooker Outfit"! Well, I'm also a daughter of the Lucky Hart Ranch and owner of Reiten Works. I wanted to post this because I would like to say thank you to many, many great people who have given me an enormous amount of help over the last couple years. It took a while to get a website up and running, but on there I have posted all ads that I've done for these fine folks. I hope they all know how much I appreciate each and every one of them. The site is www.reitenworks.com . But, there are a few people that I really need to say thanks to in writing, so here we go.........

First of all, thanks to Mom and Dad, for buying me my 1st mini, Dixie, and starting me down this whole winding road.

Thanks to "The Old Broodmares," a great group of women who have been there right from the beginning giving me encouragement and guidance in their own unique ways.

Thanks to Jean Barnhill of Dusty Lane Designs and Miniatures for putting together and keeping my website up and running.

Thanks to Marianne and Robin of Little King Farm for opening many doors and presenting me with great opportunities.

Thanks to Lil Beginnings and Mary Lou for having such a great site where people can voice their opinions. I was smiling for about 3 weeks when all that stuff was said about the George ads; good and bad, loved it all!

And last but not least, thanks to everyone else who has put their trust in me and allowed me to let my crazy creativity run wild on the pages of the Journal and World.

Sorry about the long post, but I hope I got everything in. I would love to hear every ones input on the site- www.reitenworks.com Thanks Again!

Tara Reiten

:aktion033: I don't know you, nor have I seen any of it except a few of your ads but I have to say I applaud your ambition as an ambitious young lady who looks like she will do well and go far.

Congratulaions,

Maxine

First of all welcome,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :saludando:

Second, and I hope no one hurts me, but I was a little surprised by your reasonable pricing. I looked at your ads first, then went to pricing page, and I did expect them to be more expensive. In my opinion, priced for us average Joe's.

Very good work!!!!! Best of luck to you!

Hey Tara...welcome to the Forum! I just LOVE your ads! You do such beautiful, and creative ads for your clients!

Also, on a more personal note....many years ago when I just got into minis(probably in '94/'95), and I was at your Mom's, I remember using the washroom and in that room, were beautiful murals/paintings/drawings on the walls. Now thinking back to that, I just have to ask...that MUST have been your talent at work way back then....was it? I know your mom told me it was her daughter, but I don't recall which one of you it was.

I am already one of your biggest fans Tara! :aktion033:

Jean had shown me your "Vegas" ad when we went to pick up our Vegas son, and I just loved how clever and well layed out it was!!! I love the work you have done for Jean, your family, for Erica, and especially LKF!!!
default_wub.png
:

Someday, I would love to have you do an ad for one of our boys, but I would have to get a good picture first! LOL!!!

Keep up the Great Work, and please keep inviting us back to view your new pieces!

Nancy
default_smile.png

Tara - you already know I think you are just great!! and never cease to amaze me with what you come up with.

I was so happy with Big City's ad...........and now it is VERY close to April now and I am really excitied to see the new ad coming out for Bandito, as I just LOVE it.

Hello All, I'm new to posting on the forum so I hope you'll bear with me. My name is Tara and you might remember me from an ad about a year ago for "Bye George". I was the girl in the pink outfit, some referred to as the "Hooker Outfit"! Sorry about the long post, but I hope I got everything in. I would love to hear every ones input on the site- www.reitenworks.com Thanks Again!

Tara Reiten

I loved looking thru the site! Thanks for posting the link. What talent.......so FRESH and original. Not that same old boring "stand up" shot. Best of luck to you.

And for anyone who thought you were dressed in a "hooker outfit"...........I guess they don't get out of under their rock much.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tara, I love the ads you've done!!!! Especially I love that Big City ad!!! AND, it worked, too. Erica let me take a sneak peak and I decided that I wanted to send one of my mares to him to be bred before the ad was ever published
default_yes.gif
: I just loved how you themed the ad around his name and how crisp and top notch it looks! AND, the By George ads are one of the few ads out of (what thousands?) I've seen that I just will not ever forget. So clever!!! You've got a tremendous talent and it's great to "see" you here!

I liked your web site too. I don't receive World or the Journal so it was nice to be able to look at some of those beautiful ads. You do great work, and the site was very easy to navigate.

I can't believe it, Pumpkin, you are now a Forum member.

I think I have a picture of Tara with a baby bottle hanging from her mouth and a paint brush in her hand. Your Dad and I are very proud of you. Mom

Ah Geez Ma, here I am trying to be a professional and you go and post that! Nah, just kidding, but thanks everyone for your great replies. And yes, Mona, that was me with the paint brush, I've probably painted every building on the farm at least a dozen times, but, my crowning moment was "Buckville"! Thanks Again!

Tara

I have watched Tara go from drawing and painting on walls and paper, to becoming an accomplished Graphic Designer. Though Tara still continues to draw and paint on any available surface, (the deck of the house at the Lucky Hart Ranch was to become the foundation of Buckville), she has utilized not only her formal education but also her “life lessons†to become one of the most creative, multi-talented sincere individuals I have known. Tara’s achievements have not affected her honest and sincere, and generous demeanor. I would like to think that the influence of “The Ol’ Broodmares†on her during her “impressionable years†helped her become the person she is. Maybe there is a little bit of each one of us “broodmares†in her. Tara, your talent and integrity is second to none. Keep up the good- I mean great work. :aktion033:

I just love your work Tara and want to say thank you for raising the bar on advertising in the Journal. The magazine is looking better and better and it is mainly due to your work. Hope you don't mind if I give you a little competition in the ad department - if I can help with the Journal improvement I will be pleased.

Welcome to the Forum..........And I must say the ads you have designed are AWESOME!
default_yes.gif
:

:aktion033: Congradulations Tara, :aktion033:

Excellent work, follow your dreams, I think you will go far.

Hope to have you do something for me someday.
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
: :saludando:

Hey kiddo -- you are so incredibly great to work with.

I have no ability to visualize anything. So whenever I wanted Tara to work up an ad for me - I would just give her the picture(s) and the words that needed to appear somewhere on the page. That's it. And each time she hit a home run, with something totally unique and just slightly quirky -- Which aptly describes Tara, her mom, the Old Broodmares...slightly (???) quirky.

And yes, there were times when all the Ol' Broodmares were sitting around the Lucky Hart kitchen, I wondered just what kind of negative influence our conversations might be having on those Reiten kids. I guess we didn't need to worry!! They all turned out SUPER!

THANKS, Tara!!

Hi Tara,

Welcome to the forum! I have always admired your work in the world, and I did not think that one ad was a hooker outfit at all... I REALLY liked the gold halter in that though!!!!!!!!

I hope you keep doing what you do for a long time, so someday when I put an add in the journal I can have you design it:)

All your adds just catch my eye, and I can already tell wich adds you designed before I even see who designed it!

I just love how you can catch the eye!

Gage

Tara, you are awesome! It's so great to see someone with that much talent using it and I hope you continue with it long into the future. Your ads are brilliant! I love that they're different from the others out there. You definitely have your own signature style. When I decide to put out an ad one day, I know who I'm calling!!
default_yes.gif
:

Hi Tara...

I love your work.... and have been very impressed by the ads you have created! You are RIGHT on par with the "big horse" advertisement schemes that I have used in the past... and I know that my sister Janie has contacted you about working on our Nationals ad and our ad for the colt that we bought from Erica... Erica's Worth the Big City Bucks...

Rock on!!! :aktion033:

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

Hello Tara and Welcome from Tennessee. You are certainly the artist and now I know where some of those very nice ads I've seen came from. You have much talent, quite a lovely gift.

Do feel free to stop by my mountaintop anytime and decorate my bathroom walls too so that Mona will feel heavenly when she comes to visit.
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back