The Perils of Horse Photography....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dontworrybeappy

Reaction score
[SIZE=10pt]The last thing the photographer sees before everything goes black.....[/SIZE]

the-crashweb.jpg

Had to chuckle, I've had the same thing happen. Trying out my tripod a few weeks ago and Kassie was standing still and looking very pretty, when a plastic bag flew out of the barn! Crash!

It was worth it though, for the pictures I got that day!
default_wink.png
Very nice picture you got!

Rebecca

I'm fine, as Brenda said, the crash actually happened a bit in front of me (the wonders of telephoto lenses!) Lovin, our new grey appy mare, who is at the BOTTOM of the pecking order when out with the herd, did NOT like the fact that Nightie (the black First Knight's Redi or Not daughter) was running straight towards where I was sitting to take pictures! Now, I know that Nightie wouldn't have run over me, but apparently Lovin didn't know that, and several times she shoved or herded Nightie away from me! This crash happened the first time, but Brenda had a better vantage point and called out that Lovin was keeping Nightie away!

This really impresses me with Lovin.... as she was really (from her perspective as a lower member of the herd) putting herself in harms way to protect ME! Pretty COOL! Guess I'll have to keep her, heh? (I already liked her, now I REALLY like her!)

More pictures of Lovin and Nightie's day out to come later in another thread....

This is why horse photography is a two person job!

Without a second person all I get is a close up of a muzzle or eye....
default_rolleyes.gif

Wonderful photo, and your caption is great! LOL!!!

Back