The Obama special last night

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_nono.gif
Uh Uhhh Carolyn! Good idea but you can't clone your own candidate unless the rest of us get to do it too.

There is no so called "unanswered" questions about Obama.. The problem is the far right people & media keep saying that and people believe it.. If you look up FACTS, you could learn it is NOTHING BUT SCARE-TATICS and fear-mongering by the far right media.. I am so tired of the slamming of non-truths about Obama.. My 80 year old mother is brain-washed with listening 24/7 to Rush, Hennity, Fox, Mark Levin and such that it makes me sad she believes EVERYTHING they say is truth.. It is like propaganda!! I know because I listen to it to.. BUT with very OPEN MIND.
I am done with this crap.. And already voted..
default_aktion033.gif

Is it just me, or are most of the jibes against supporters and the candidate from McCain supporters against Obama supporters? I don't think I've seen one post that has actively attacked or degraded McCain. But I've seen plenty going the other way. Why the insecurity?

No insecurity here. I'm totally convinced that McCain is the right man for the job and I'm doing my part to get him there. You might not see many attacks on McCain himself (although there have been quite a few) but don't try to convince me you haven't seen any attacks on McCain supporters. IMO the one you just applauded was one of them. So, with all due respect Matt, I guess my answer would have to be yes....it is just you.

I do think one thing that's happening though is that when a comment is made - whether it's intended as a jibe or not - it's taken that way; people jump to O's defense and the battle begins.

. I do think one thing that's happening though is that when a comment is made - whether it's intended as a jibe or not - it's taken that way; people jump to O's defense and the battle begins.
Yep! You got that right!
default_laugh.png

Joyce

Just want to mention I've been covering the election in my 5th grade classroom for 7 weeks now and my students still have no clue who I will vote for.
default_smile.png
They've been working on Election Journals (mostly at home), which consist of gathering four facts a week on the candidates, with resources cited. If they are interested in earning an A, responses to each fact must be included. It has to end with a paragraph about who they would vote for and why--using facts from their Journal to support their decision. A creative cover also helps.
default_wink.png

We've talked about everything in the last 7 weeks...and it's refreshingly civil when one is discussing politics with 10 year olds.
default_laugh.png

I can't wait to read the Journals.

I'll tell them who I voted for on Nov 5th.
default_thumbup.gif

default_aktion033.gif

What a wonderful idea!!! I bet this election will stay in their memories and will be a long time learning experience.

Would love to hear your classroom's voting results.....AFTER Nov. 4th.
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Just want to mention I've been covering the election in my 5th grade classroom for 7 weeks now and my students still have no clue who I will vote for.
default_smile.png
They've been working on Election Journals (mostly at home), which consist of gathering four facts a week on the candidates, with resources cited. If they are interested in earning an A, responses to each fact must be included. It has to end with a paragraph about who they would vote for and why--using facts from their Journal to support their decision. A creative cover also helps.
default_wink.png

We've talked about everything in the last 7 weeks...and it's refreshingly civil when one is discussing politics with 10 year olds.
default_laugh.png

I can't wait to read the Journals.

I'll tell them who I voted for on Nov 5th.
Karla, What a wonderful idea - a GREAT way to handle the election in your classroom, it will certainly be interesting to hear what the children have to say - these are the types of things that make you an awesome teacher.

How refreshing to read unbiased posts like this!!

Karla I just wanted to add my
default_aktion033.gif
for you. You're students are learning at a young age to take interest in their country and I can only believe that that will help them become better citizens. I predict that someday they'll look back on this and be grateful for the lessons learned and the teacher who was wise enough to teach them.

MMMMM...after watching the postings about Obama and HIS drug use, well I felt I had to comment about Miss Cindy AND her drug use. Is it not true she was stealing controled narcotics and having a Dr. write scripts in the names of fellow workers so she could use them for herself?( mmmm...wonder how it felt for the ones that really needed the pain medicines?) Oh, and when caught red handed she got community service and wisked away for drug treatment and the Dr. was the one who lost his license. WOW, now if it had been Joe the Plummer who did that his A-- would have gone to prison and he would be doing plumbing for the state!
default_saludando.gif

Yes Cindy McCain was treated for abuse of perscription drugs. She's admitted it just as Obama has admitted his drug use. If you're referring to my mention of O's drug abuse - I wasn't throwing stones. I merely said that IMO it would affect his ability to obtain a federal security clearance. Evidently it no longer would.

This is a perfect example of what I meant when I said that people see jibes where none were intended. The only difference is that you didn't jump to Obama's defense; instead you attacked someone who isn't even running for office.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Cindy McCain was treated for abuse of perscription drugs. She's admitted it just as Obama has admitted his drug use. If you're referring to my mention of O's drug abuse - I wasn't throwing stones. I merely said that IMO it would affect his ability to obtain a federal security clearance. Evidently it no longer would.
This is a perfect example of what I meant when I said that people see jibes where none were intended. The only difference is that you didn't jump to Obama's defense; instead you attacked someone who isn't even running for office.
Well if THAT isn't calling the kettle BLACK! I AM stating that because SHE has the "powers that be" she walks away with a slap on her hand because of WHO she is and the fact that it gets downplayed while O keeps getting his brought up. If you think that one persons drug abuse does NOT affect an entire family you are mistaken. Why if Miss Cindy were to fall off the wagon do you think it would not affect McCain and the presidency? Oh Yeah, they would keep it in the closet outta site outta mind. Of course he was clueless (blink-blink) that she even had a problem till she got caught. I am done I already cast my vote and it isn't for the McPalin clan

minie I'm not sure which BLACK kettle you're talking about unless it's the one boiling on the cauldron. Maybe I'm slow but I'm still not sure what the point is about a non-candidates former drug problem. Is she one of America's wealthy individuals who may get preferrential treatment?----wouldn't surprise me at all.

Bush Jr was a Cocaine addict and whiskey drunk ( HE addmitted to their abuse long ago) . But people forgave him since those are white collar drugs. Clintons/Obamas 'use' are blue collar. Totally different
default_rolleyes.gif

Laura I guess I owe you another apology. I fully intended way back there to not post on your "happy" thread again....but I got sucked in. I'm done this time for sure.

Laura I guess I owe you another apology. I fully intended way back there to not post on your "happy" thread again....but I got sucked in. I'm done this time for sure.
No apology needed
default_smile.png

Back