The Obama special last night

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not being argumentive - just stating what I read!
Say what you will.... is a phrase of speech acknowledging that others may feel differently - not an invitation to be trashed. Everyone is entitled to share their opinions - but you can disagree without sneering and bashing - or at least try to.

Picking apart someone's post to prove that you can say whatever the heck you want to is simply being argumentative, IMO.

Yeah - I guess I still long for the balanced, respectful discussions we used to have in political threads here a few short weeks ago... don't worry - I'll get over it - that's my problem.

I just wonder if we will still see endless trashing threads come Nov. 5....
sigh.gif

I wish people wouldn't take all this so personal...and they are. I admit, I've said some shrewd uncalled for things a couple times and they have been said to me as well...I just let it roll off, people need to do the same... I have no anger/grudge towards anyone who feels differently than I. I don't really know anyone on the forum personally, except a couple. I certainly wouldn't let a member's view on politics skew my opinion of them on a personal level.

I'm sure there will still be some controversial posts after next Tuesday. People need to not take them so personal or just not post/read them.

My guess it that would depend entirely upon the graciousness of the winners. Since I'm sure we all teach our kids to be good winners as well as good losers I'd hope we all remember to practice what we preach.

The truly sad thing in all of this is that this thread was started asking what you thought of the Obama "special" for those that watched it. Why are the ones that posted on another thread, yes with derogatory comments in the other thread and saying no way they would watch it, yada yada, come here and continue. I don''t get it
default_no.gif
. Please, at least have some respect and allow those that did watch to discuss what was said without the backlash that continues non-stop whenever someone says something positive about the candidate they have chosen to endorse and vote for. The same goes for the other side as well. What is the point to all this. Nothing you say, on either side of the fence is going to change anyones mind about the candidate they are voting for. I am sure the ones that haven't made up their mind yet are very capable to making their OWN choice without these arguments and pettiness on BOTH sides. Have some respect for them as well as I am sure they can make up their own mind and do their own research as they will make an informed decision based on what concerns THEM and how they personally feel about either candidate. I truly can not see how your country is going to come together after this election. If everyone just stopped replying in threads that get you hot under the collar and let each group talk to the wall if need be when something less than stellar is posted this entire nonsense would stop or at least not have the flames grow larger and larger. It's not worth it everybody. This is such a wonderful group of people and yes we are all entitled to our opinions, we all have free speech but sometimes its harder to bite our tongues but easy to just rant and rave and in the end we all look stupid and that certainly includes me for sure. I know if we really want to do this we can
default_shutup.gif
We can
default_poke.gif
till November 4th but it isn't going to change a darn thing, except perhaps hurt people, which we don't want to do!

Lets get back to
default_wub.png
instead of
default_new_let_it_all_out.gif

Just want to say one thing Danielle. Just because we didn't watch it last night doesn't mean we didn't see it. It is being shoved down our throats all day on tv. I know, I know I could just shut it off
default_wink.png
but that would be taking away my lifestyle. TV is part of my day. So I am seeing the aftermath. Which I don't mind. It is just confirming my decision even more that McCain is the man. Not bashing here just stating a fact.

Cathy_H said:
Did she not also state that she was " sure that there would be anti - Obama statements made". She was expecting it wasn't she?
So we should always strive to live up to people's worst expectations??
default_wacko.png
Wow, that's taking the high road.

Leia

Swayed...No Inspired... Yes!

I'm ready for a change. You are taking a chance on either candidate and my chance will be taken on Obama.

Why are the ones that posted on another thread, yes with derogatory comments in the other thread and saying no way they would watch it
................ If I am being referenced I did watch it.

I will repeat what I said early and if Tag you don't like it, oh well.

Obama has obviously left some warm and fuzzy inside. His infomerical was meant to do just that and apparently it did.

With his faux oval office and promises (those are faux to, lets not forget the broken promise on limiting spending on this election) that make people's hearts go pitter patter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will repeat what I said early and if Tag you don't like it, oh well.Obama has obviously left some warm and fuzzy inside. His infomerical was meant to do just that and apparently it did.

With his faux oval office and promises (those are faux to, lets not forget the broken promise on limiting spending on this election) that make people's hearts go pitter patter.
Irish..read a few posts from you and gotto ask..Don't you just love TN?? I gotto say you fit right in
default_saludando.gif

Where did you move from??
default_rolleyes.gif

I will repeat what I said early and if Tag you don't like it, oh well.Obama has obviously left some warm and fuzzy inside. His infomerical was meant to do just that and apparently it did.

Irish..read a few posts from you and gotto ask..Don't you just love TN?? I gotto say you fit right in
default_saludando.gif

Where did you move from??
default_rolleyes.gif
LOL Steppers, I'm taking the 5th on that, while I still can. God, does Obama want to take that ammendment away from us too?
default_laugh.png
And no, I actually don't fit in down here. The rednecks here don't like us out spoken yankee women.

Oh, I'm from MICHIGAN !!!

P.S. I'm looking forward to moving north next summer!
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
mininik said:
Yay, coal from Santa! Free heat.
default_laugh.png
Pppppffffppphhhttt!!! *chokes on water she just sprayed onto the screen* Okay, oh m'God, wasn't expecting that. Too funny!!

Leia

Just want to mention I've been covering the election in my 5th grade classroom for 7 weeks now and my students still have no clue who I will vote for.
default_smile.png
They've been working on Election Journals (mostly at home), which consist of gathering four facts a week on the candidates, with resources cited. If they are interested in earning an A, responses to each fact must be included. It has to end with a paragraph about who they would vote for and why--using facts from their Journal to support their decision. A creative cover also helps.
default_wink.png

We've talked about everything in the last 7 weeks...and it's refreshingly civil when one is discussing politics with 10 year olds.
default_laugh.png

I can't wait to read the Journals.

I'll tell them who I voted for on Nov 5th.

Hey Laura,,,

I loved it!!! I think it was well done and made many good points he has tried to explain to people over and over. I am VERY happy I got to vote for him. I think he has a beautiful family and it makes me feel good that he seems ( TO ME) to have more integrity than the other candidate. I was very proud of him.

I have been back and forth about a million times, and keep waiting for one of the convence me.

So I did watch last night, and listened to every word.

I am still undecided.
default_wacko.png

Obama is a great speaker, but does that make him Presidential material? And then, do I hold that against him.

If we are looking for great speakers, then it would be Obama, but VP would be Palin. I would rather listen to them, than their running mate.

I come from a Military family and security is very very important to me.

I do like what Obama has talked about to help the economy, maybe just a touch more than McCain. But his foreign policy ideas, or lack there of, make me nervous.

I am not just real sure how important a THRIVING economy becomes, if Iraq were to come over and blow us off the map.

Still undecided.

I got it,,,,,,,,take the best of both of them,,,,,,,,,then I'll vote.
default_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back