The Obama special last night

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we can't just be allowed to be proud of happy about something we think is positive.
Laura you're right. I apologize. I wish I had the confidence in him that some of you do. I honestly hope he's the man you think he is.
Thank you Donna, I appreciate that very much
default_wub.png

It has nothing to do with freedom of speech, it has to do with no matter what anyone says positive about Obama, certain people can't refrain from attacking him and anyone who supports him. We're happy about something, so you have to try to point out why we're wrong and delusional and whatever, we can't just be allowed to be proud of happy about something we think is positive.
Laura will all due respect, this goes on with both sides...especially when it comes to Palin. Anything positive about her on here that came up was made negative by the left side...it goes both ways.

If this was about a McCain infomercial and his supporters all came on here saying how wonderful it was, you don't think there would be negativity from the other side??? Of course there would be.

Calculated polictical psychological hype presented Hollywood style to keep Obamanites in their slumberous spell. What a rude awakening for some when they come out of their stance. Beautifully done fanmercial will be the envy of Hollywood.
Wow. Cathy H - IMO that ^^^ is an entirely uncalled for bit of sniping and dismissive rhetoric. I have friends who are out campaigning for Obama - they are not in a trance... but it is their stance that they want Change.

Irish Hills - you do not see something as being unnecessarily negative when posters who have different opinions are referred to in sneering terms? It's the same old song. You can say you did not watch it - or did not care for it - without resorting to sneers and jeers...

Mary Lou is right - the answers are out there - only some of you do not even bother to read them. Some of us have presented them here - from non-partisan websites and even FoxNews - and yet some of you blow it all off and still say there are no "answers". But AGAIN - you must think McCain is an idiot - if there truly were none of your "answers" out there and he would not jump on that fact. That in and of itself should tell you that the so-called answers you seek have been found. Not that they were hidden - you just insist that they are as it is a talking point that some cannot let go of.

Mary Lou - I was listening to Hannity the other day (cannot stand him but I ALWAYS listen to a variety of sources to get different perspectives on things) and he was assuring his listeners that once Obama was in office he would abolish right wing talk radio shows like his "in order to silence the truth I bring you" - he presented this as a fact. I do not think he believes that in any way - but he was using it to get people fired up and have them call in. The OTT calls he got were hair-raising - and he happily fed into that. It is all about ratings, after all...
default_no.gif

Yeeesh - Obama was open and honest and said he dipped into some drugs when he was younger - and you insist he is hiding things?

I did not see the special... yet.

I still think the Frontline special on PBS a couple of weeks ago was WONDERFUL. Both candidates were examined in depth in an excellent non-partisan way - including all the bumps in their roads. Ayers, Keating, personal issues - everything was examined. And a lot of those mysterious non-existant "answers" were in there as well. Anyway - it is a worthwhile show to watch no matter who you favour... and will likely be repeated.

If this was about a McCain infomercial and his supporters all came on here saying how wonderful it was, you don't think there would be negativity from the other side??? Of course there would be.
Of course - but would it include sneers like McCainites are all in a trance and are all fools/sheep and will wake up to realize that at some point? I doubt it. That kind of stuff has mainly gone one way in these threads... oh - I left out the usual
default_new_rofl.gif
that some use as a matter of course....
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Cathy_H said:
for Barack Obama the American dream is alive and well to $150,000, or maybe to $200,000 or if we really stretch to $250,000.
... So WHY are the numbers jumping around? ....
default_oops.gif
.... Didn't Obama say last night something like "you will always know where I stand!
Would you rather have someone like Bush who is so determined to stick to his guns and his stance that he persists even when it has become obvious that he was WRONG WRONG WRONG?? I lost so much respect for him when he clung to the WMD thing against all the evidence. Reality is, people change their stances as they get more information or it becomes more advantageous to them to go the other way. Every politician I've ever seen does that. Normal people do that. It doesn't bother me. He's got a lot of hoops to jump through before he could change our tax system and there are a LOT of people who would have a say in that final number. Of course it isn't going to be whatever he originally said!
default_wacko.png

Irish Hills Farm said:
I guess since we don't agree with you and we aren't buying what Obama is selling that is being negative.
Cathy_H said:
Seems like I was right about the nagative comments that would be made. Why am I not surprised
default_firstprize.gif
Freedom of speech being taken away right here on the forum!
default_new_shocked.gif
"If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." So WHY, precisely, did you feel the need to come express your negative or dissenting opinion then scream "Freedom of Speech" when someone called you on it? If someone posts a thread looking for fluffy bunny comments on their horse we all get in trouble for pointing out it's got cowhocks and a big head. Why should this be any different? Laura stated her opinion, she didn't ask what anyone else thought or to have her candidate trashed.

I guess that those of us that don't agree with Obama need to start our own thread!
Yes, you should! Exactly! And if you asked us not to comment negatively on that thread or turn it into a debate we should respect that as an expression of an opinion and nothing more.

Argh. Sorry, the longer this cr@p drags on the harder it is to hold my tongue. I don't understand why one or two certain members feel the need to keep posting new threads two or three times a day that are nothing new at all! GET OVER IT. Vote and move on. We've got four years to complain about the winner, no need to cram it all in now.
default_rolleyes.gif

Leia

I believe they said the time he bought last night was at a rate of $190,000.00 per minute (even if it was a little lower it is still unreal)....and he claims he will get government spending under control and not raise taxes on most Americans.
default_wacko.png
And we wonder why the networks love him? One million dollars to each of four networks....that is mind boggling to me. I can't believe that more people aren't upset by this. Listen to what I say, but don't look behind the curtain....

I did watch and listened to it all. Most was the same old stuff with some fluff added. I about choked when he said he "STEALS" ideas ..... he certainly should have worded that differently.

Truthfully, I am disappointed in the choices we have. But I will vote....

It has nothing to do with freedom of speech, it has to do with no matter what anyone says positive about Obama, certain people can't refrain from attacking him and anyone who supports him. We're happy about something, so you have to try to point out why we're wrong and delusional and whatever, we can't just be allowed to be proud of happy about something we think is positive.
Laura will all due respect, this goes on with both sides...especially when it comes to Palin. Anything positive about her on here that came up was made negative by the left side...it goes both ways.

There wouldn't nastiness from from me
default_wink.png
I might not agree with him, but I don't have to. I just think that we should be respectful of each other.

I did catch part of McCain's interview last night with Larry King and he did great. It looked like he was much more relaxed and confident than I have seen him in a long time. It was nice to see.

Wow, lots of replies while I typed!
default_new_shocked.gif

AppyLover2 said:
we can't just be allowed to be proud of happy about something we think is positive.
Laura you're right. I apologize. I wish I had the confidence in him that some of you do. I honestly hope he's the man you think he is.
Appylover, I just want to say I blinked and gained a lot of respect for you for saying that. Not that you hope you're wrong about Obama (your opinion is your opinion and you have every right to have doubts about any candidate without being made to feel bad for them) but the apology for as a group turning a Happy Post into something else. I'm probably saying this wrong but I just wanted you to know I was impressed and doff my hat to you!

Leia

It has nothing to do with freedom of speech, it has to do with no matter what anyone says positive about Obama, certain people can't refrain from attacking him and anyone who supports him. We're happy about something, so you have to try to point out why we're wrong and delusional and whatever, we can't just be allowed to be proud and happy about something we think is positive.
default_no.gif

Laura, I'm trying to be nice now so am not bashing you, BUT don't you see the same thing happening when someone says something about McCain or Palin. I do . It is coming from both sides.

Argh. Sorry, the longer this cr@p drags on the harder it is to hold my tongue. I don't understand why one or two certain members feel the need to keep posting new threads two or three times a day that are nothing new at all! GET OVER IT. Vote and move on. We've got four years to complain about the winner, no need to cram it all in now. rolleyes.gif
Leia
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I wasn't sure I was going to watch, but I did and I'm glad I did. I think it was nicely done, did a good job of outlining his plans and positions, and wasn't over the top.

I believe they said the time he bought last night was at a rate of $190,000.00 per minute (even if it was a little lower it is still unreal)....and he claims he will get government spending under control and not raise taxes on most Americans.
Charly - that expense was not government spending though - it was from donations. And no - not donations from mysterious terrorist organizations - but from people all over America - like my friends - who contribute.

At least the airtime was not Superbowl rates...
default_wacko.png

Hands up - ANYONE who thinks that if McCain had the same amount of funds coming in that he would not have done a similar thing....

*crickets*

Of course he would. And I would not fault him for it. But ALL the campaign spending is obscene IMO...

And both candidates are going to raise taxes - no matter what they assure you now. The deficit is too great... and the ongoing expenses and debt too huge not to have to go that route at some point. And no - this budget is not going to be balanced in one year. That is just campaign-speak... nothing wrong with that, but it is likely going to take 4 years to get us out of this current mess....
default_no.gif

It has nothing to do with freedom of speech, it has to do with no matter what anyone says positive about Obama, certain people can't refrain from attacking him and anyone who supports him. We're happy about something, so you have to try to point out why we're wrong and delusional and whatever, we can't just be allowed to be proud and happy about something we think is positive.
default_no.gif

Laura, I'm trying to be nice now so am not bashing you, BUT don't you see the same thing happening when someone says something about McCain or Palin. I do . It is coming from both sides.
I do see a lot of it, but *I* try not to do it. Some days are better than other and often I will type a response and then delete it or just turn off the computer and walk away. As I said, I don't support McCain, but I don't call people names and insult them because they don't agree with me...or at least I REALLY try not to do so.

This election will be over in 5 days and we will all have to find a way to come together again and heal. I hope Obama wins, but if he doesn't I will still be a VERY proud American and will love this country, as I know all of us, red, blue or independant do love and value this great Country.

I also, thought it was amazing. I had not decided on who I was going to vote for, but I have now. I've thought it over and over and researched as much as I could. I've watched this forum and have gotten lots of interesting information from it.

I don't think I've ever had to put as much thought into a presidential candidate as I have with this election. I'm actually going to be glad when it's final.

I've watched this forum and have gotten lots of interesting information from it.
I don't think I've ever had to put as much thought into a presidential candidate as I have with this election. I'm actually going to be glad when it's final.
I'll be glad when it's over too, but isn't it incredible how this election has gotten SO many people involved and interested? I think it's great to see the people of this Country finally get really excited and interested in how our government works and take action to BE informed. I think it's amazing!

On the topic of campaign donations...my boyfriend is a member of a pretty big internet forum, and most of the members tend to lean liberal. To date, the members of that forum alone have donated over $330,000 to Obama's campaign, mostly in amounts of $25 and under.

Lowrise - on another non-horse related forum I am on, many of the members there have also donated... always in numbers of around $50.... and they have raised thousands and thousands of dollars.

I personally do not give money to any politician - too many bills to attend to first...
default_wacko.png

Laura stated her opinion, she didn't ask what anyone else thought or to have her candidate trashed.
I disagree - read this again. "Say what you will"

Did we not read "say what you will" in her heading or not? I translate that as an invitation to say what we wish even if we don't agree with her.

Yes, you should! Exactly! And if you asked us not to comment negatively on that thread or turn it into a debate we should respect that as an expression of an opinion and nothing more
Read the below statement again please - WHERE did she ask for statements NOT to be posted if they did not agree with hers?

I'm sure that the anti-Obama folks on here, even those who didn't watch will feel it neccesary to rant and rave, but you know what, [SIZE=12pt]I don't really care[/SIZE]

I'm sure that the anti-Obama folks on here, even those who didn't watch will feel it neccesary to rant and rave
Did she not also state that she was " sure that there would be anti - Obama statements made". She was expecting it wasn't she?

Not being argumentive - just stating what I read!

Laura will all due respect, this goes on with both sides...especially when it comes to Palin. Anything positive about her on here that came up was made negative by the left side...it goes both ways. If this was about a McCain infomercial and his supporters all came on here saying how wonderful it was, you don't think there would be negativity from the other side??? Of course there would be
Absolutely - yes the road runs both ways doesn't it!

Of course, I didn't watch it. However, I find it very interesting that some people have truly been swayed by a slick, one-sided (obviously!) infomercial that was paid for by a broken promise.

How is McCain going to balance the budget in a years time...?????????? Both sides are saying things to get your vote.. not just one...
Precisely McBunz! You are the real winner here. So I guess the question that I've had for many years is.............. Why are folks voting for either side? In reality they are only two arms of the SAME side. The hegelian farce of holding one scary "candidate" against the other so that folks feel they have to vote for the "lesser of two evils" is done to scare them into voting for what they know and admit to be evil (quite often). And it works every time.........

Checks and balances have been gone for a long time, so it really may not matter which "side" wins. Imo Mr Bush has laid waste to checks and balances in the same vein as his predecessors, and Mr McCain told you he was going to do the same, speaking of "unpopular decisions on his part" and telling hankie to go ahead and give our money away to the banks..........

From another thread , lowrise spoke of "pro gay rights", two points

1) There is no Constitutional allowance for the federal govt. to issue edicts on gay "marriage" As there is no specific enumeration to do so, they are prohibited from doing so, making it a state or 10th amend. issue. There is a chance that if it interferes with interstate commerce that the feds would have standing..... maybe.

2) ALL Americans have the SAME rights endowed upon them by their Creator whether they recognize and honor that Creator or not. Rights are not granted by any govt. Govt. can only grant privilege, which gov. can also take away at a whim. No additional or special rights should be conferred on anybody regardless of color, class, religious beliefs, political leanings, "sexual orientation" or any other yard stick you want to use period.

I took a moment to re-read the Constitution Party's platform again after watching the debate this past week-end. If you haven't done so yet, I would highly recommend it. It painfully shows how far we have fallen Constitutionally. Its still refreashing to read it periodically to see where we should be heading.

It was probably best that the bobsy twins didn't allow other parties, into the debate as they would have looked pretty silly imo. I even found myself agreeing with Mr. Nader on a few points.

No offense is intended in this post. Hard truth maybe, but no offense
default_smile.png

Back