The new boys are here!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denali

Reaction score
Well, I went and picked up the new boys today!! They are so cute!! Levi was very excited and started drooling!! Then when I tried to lead him away to put in the pasture next to them, he threw a fit, rearing, some bucking, even some pushing on me when I refused to let him go back to them. Never saw my little guy throw such a fit!! :new_shocked:
default_wacko.png
:

The new boys are 8 & 10 years and are supposed to be broke to drive. We can't wait to learn ourselves!! We haven't decided on names yet, but are kicking around a few ideas. We thought about naming one Calvin (as in Klein) to go with Levi (Strauss) but can't think of a third name to go with that. We ruled out Rustler, Wrangler, Ralph Lauren. Any ideas??

Anyway, here are the new boys! :aktion033:

DSC00157.jpg

DSC00152.jpg

This guy is a little chubby! He is short and stocky, but also a little chunky and has a small crest, but it is not broken. Also, his halter is too big and keeps falling off his nose!! I got him a new one this afternoon, so no worries.

DSC00153.jpg

DSC00154.jpg

Vicki

Last edited by a moderator:
Cute, I love the hairy guy, I have a gelding like that too.

[SIZE=12pt]They are SOOOO precious!
default_wub.png
: I've never seen a donkey with a long mane and hairy ears like that! That's too cute...
default_yes.gif
:
[/SIZE]

Okay, here are my suggestions. Going with the clothing designer names... I love Calvin and I would say either Ralph or Tommy for the other. My other suggestion would be a Biblical theme. Levi's brothers were named Simeon (or Simon) and Gideon.

Thanks for the pictures, they are so sweet... give 'em a squeeze for me!
default_yes.gif
: And good luck with everything!! Shannon :bgrin

I
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: them both!! They are so lucky to be with you!

Names... I thought of Tommy Hilfiger too, Osh-Kosh, Dickie, Lucky, Lee (though doesn't sound good with Levi), Diesel, & Arizona that's all I can think of for now
default_smile.png

They are so sweet
default_wub.png
: Didn't I tell you Levi's reaction would be memorable
default_yes.gif
: I am sure he didn't sleep last night...lol!

I love the name Tommy too.....Levi, Calvin & Tommy...sounds good
default_yes.gif
:

My Bunny has a long mane and tail like your little guy...the first Vet we had alway referred to her as a mule? He was convinced she was? He didn't last long as her Dr.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

*Great Pics!!

Well, I havent been on much in the last 2 day, and I can see Iam really missing the pictures! OHHH--your 2 guys are ADORABLE--I would just love to grab that nost and give him a great big smooch
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
: very cute. Corinne

:saludando: cute little guys hope to see more of them

Very Cute!. Did you get to drive them before you bought them? Good luck with them

Nikki, I am selling my 2 donkeys, they have to stay together though as they are best buds.....one of them drives :bgrin Let me know if you're interested.

Angie

Angie,

No, I didn't get to drive them. For a couple of reasons, one, they were in a rescue and they had no cart, and two, I have never drove, so I need to learn first!! lol I am hoping to attend a clinic in the near future.

Vicki

OOOOHHHHH LOVE THAT MANE on the "hippie" - my girls will tell you, i have a THING about hair...

didn't you say somewhere that these came to the rescue because they were owned by an older couple, the husband died and the wife couldn't take care of them? that is SO SAD. i am happy for you that you were able to get them but if i lost MY husband, i think my donks are the only thing that would keep me going... poor woman!

i run into people all the time that find out i have horses and they will say "i USED to have a horse..." i sure hope i NEVER have to say that!!!
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

oh yeah and more "hair" pics PLEASE
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

That is some hairdo on the second one, love it!
default_yes.gif
:
i just got an e-mail from a yahoogroup i am on, a guy has to sell all his donkeys, and one of the jennets looks to have a mane like this one. if anyone is interested let me know and i will get you his website. he is in connecticut.

Latest posts

Back