The most fun you had this year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asia

Reaction score
My daughter took me to the zoo for my 51st birthday.

I got to feed the Giraffes. They are the coolest animals.

I love there big soft eyes and really long eyelashes.

We stood on a balcony and fed them....The ground was

a LOOOONG ways down!

It was the highlight of my year. Spending time with my daughter made it

all the more enjoyable.

magic_07_005.jpg

magic_07_006.jpg

How neat!! I love the pics!!
default_aktion033.gif

I guess the most fun I've had this year that wasn't horse related was probably spending time with my grandson. He's 2 1/2 years old and SO verbal and smart, and he makes me laugh all of the time.
default_wub.png

Not horse related...that would have to be the Keene Swampbats!

This is a summer league baseball for college boys. We have been involved with this organization for a few years now and this year was the first year for us to host a player. I was so nervous hosting a player that we had never meet...opening my home up to a complete stranger. The first player that we hosted was not able to stay the season due to medical issues but our second player stayed the whole season. We hosted a player from Washington State Univ and had a ball. My kids fell in love with him. He fit right into the family and we consider him one of our family. He is a pitcher and did very well. The day that he went home was very hard on all of us (him included) and may wet eyes. I cried all the way home from the airport and then sat in his room (my son's room) and cried even more. We still stay in contact and are trying to go out to see him this spring for a college game.

If anyone else has the chance to host one of the boys for a summer league baseball give it a chance it is great. We are already down for 2008!!!

I've really had a great time this year, I've been very fortunate, there are so many instances where I remember saying..this is the best time I've ever had! One was Put-in Bay, S. Bass Island. What a wonderful time it was!

IMG_0630.jpg

Sonya

I sure wish I was there right now!!

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time.
default_aktion033.gif

Nice pictures, looks like fun. We're not to far from the Teledo Zoo but i have not been there in years!

The first thing that popped into my mind was ASPC Congress, but then well ..that is horse related. I honestly cannot think of one thing that i did that was not horse related that was allot of fun.

I went to Cedar Point, here in NW Ohio with some friends during halloween for Halloweekends, that was fun. Spent some time at my friends campgrounds ......played around with the horses (oops lol) and traveled.

Pretty bad when you cant think of anything you did that was fun that didnt involve horses in one way or another. Even when we traveled ..it was to horse shows ..clinics ..sales ..ext. I need a hobby on the side of this hobby lol.

Those pictures are very cool!!!!

My "most fun" times were with horses, probably showing 5 of them at our State club's show in June w/ H.

As for fun non-horse times, that's all just boring to read about stuff... like cuddling with H and the dogs watching movies at home, spending time w/ my parents at their place, etc.

default_biggrin.png
The BEST time was when I walked for the first time without my wheelchair and my family was standing and watching me "GO FOR THE GOLD"
default_aktion033.gif

Great pictures, Asia!

Leeana - You got a puppy, didn't you?
default_wink.png

Besides getting my pony, we added two dogs to our pack this year and I got involved in dog sports. I've also enjoyed growing my grooming business.

Sackets Harbor....such a wonderful place....I could live there if I lost my hollow.

My daughter took me to the zoo for my 51st birthday.

I got to feed the Giraffes. They are the coolest animals.

I love there big soft eyes and really long eyelashes.

We stood on a balcony and fed them....The ground was

a LOOOONG ways down!

It was the highlight of my year. Spending time with my daughter made it

all the more enjoyable.

magic_07_005.jpg

magic_07_006.jpg

Ooh was that the Binder Park Zoo? I love that place!

Shellee

Hard to say, but it was likely something rather quiet and close to home, believe it or not.

Really enjoyed doing the Columbia Crossing 10k walk w/my son's girlfriend in October. We made really good time (over 6 miles in an hour and a half), and laughed most of the way in the sunshine.

Liz

Well for me it would be doing farmers markets with my 11 yr old son and going to my first dog shows as an exhibitor
default_wink.png
default_wink.png
I am offically hooked on both
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

Most fun I've had this year....all dog related!!
default_yes.gif
There are 2 I can't pick between (well 3 really) Moxie winning her 2nd US Major
default_aktion033.gif
in Tennessee (that was a GREAT trip!!) and spending a week at a kennel in Illinois getting Moxie bred. Met some amazing people that will be great mentors to me in the breed!!! Oh and of course the puppies
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

~kathryn

We had a fun time this summer looking for a new house.......my son came home from Calif for my great nieces wedding, Michael had a birthday at the same time and we had a great seafood lunch on the waterfront....it was so relaxing....

But the most fun was horse related........turning our horses free into the pasture of our new home and watching them be able to run and race and stretch their legs and eat themselves silly....it's been fun everyday for the past near 4 months.... Actually Chevy, the GSD, loves racing in the pastures, too, so being partially dog related makes it kind of not totally horse related.
default_biggrin.png

I recently reconnected with my 'old' friends from childhood via the sad occasion of the death of one's mother. We all made a pact to keep in touch and we meet once a month on the first monday of each month for dinner. What fun to sit and talk after loosing touch for 20+ years, and oh, the pictures, one person dug out pictures from the good old days, boy have we changed!

They all look so old too, I am sure I don't look that old!
default_biggrin.png

This month we are going to meet twice, once on this coming Monday and we are going to draw names for a white elephant gift exchange for later in the month. We plan on a special dinner to celebrate Christmas.

It's funny how easy it was to re-bond with these people. They are the ones who were there when we were all trying to turn into human beings (adults).
default_rolleyes.gif

One is a former boyfriend that I was so sure was Mr Right. Well, you guys know the Garth Brooks song Thank God For Unanswered Prayers? PHEW!! Lucky me for that one not happening. I am much better off as a lifetime single, he is single now, divorced 3 times!
default_new_shocked.gif

Best un-horse related thing this year was a trip to Hawaii. Best moments there, the beaches on Maui and .......sunset trail ride
default_wink.png
(couldn't get through a whole week without a horse fix LOL)

Jan

Latest posts

Back