The latest Creation

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NyborFarm

Reaction score
For our local fair they had a barrel painting contest thing. Well... all I heard was barrel painting and I was there :bgrin I had a hard time trying to figure out what to paint because it wasn't comming to me. It was due into our fair office today (monday the 23) so Sunday the 22 I started work on painting the barrel :eek: I had found a arab foal model horse on ebay and I liked the pose. So using that as my reference I enlarged it about 3 times larger then what it was. I had to color the back of the large picture with charcol so I could transfer it over, that took the longest time to do. And then having to do it a total of 4 times was a killer. Then I painted it in acrylic paint (WalMart brand). Which posed a problem because arcylic doesnt blend well and I wasn't spending over $100 for oil paint. And I didnt have time to wait for that to dry. Before I left I sprayed it with a workable fixatif. This is the same workable fixatif that I have used on enduro race cars that have lasted an entire season of rough driving and the paint job was never scratched :aktion033:

well enough blabbering, here are pictures!

The Bay

bay.jpg

bay2.jpg

The Grey

grey.jpg

grey2.jpg

The Palimino

palli.jpg

palli2.jpg

The "Dun" (a cool color, not really a real horse color but I liked it)

dun.jpg

dun2.jpg

Enjoy!

~Megan

WOWZERS :new_shocked: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

almost makes me want to run a barrel course
default_wink.png
:

Im not sure when I'll find out how I did. But it doesnt really matter, I had fun painting it. I would have liked to have done more detail, or used the airbrush. But not enough time.

~Megan

:aktion033: Great job! To bad all of you can't see it in person. Megan is a 4-H member in my club and I saw the barrel last night. It is to good to just toss rubblish in. If I were a judge, this one with will top prize and more.

That's beautiful!

Congrats, I think it's a success no matter the outcome.
default_smile.png

Liz

default_wub.png
: Aww thanks everyone. Diana is right, it looks much better in person. I wish I was able to catch all the detail that was put into in on the camera. What throws it off is the ripples in the barrel, that was a huge pain to work around
default_rolleyes.gif
: Thank you everyone for you comments! I still cant believe I did this in less then 24 hours, it was killer!

~megan

Thanks Jill
default_wub.png
:

Well when I went to set up my 4-H fair exhibit they had the results for the barrel contest. I got first place! Not sure what I've won yet, the person in the main office didn't know what/where the prizes were. And I'll know Tuesday what I got on my other rather large exhibit and what I got on my art work.

~Megan

WOW! Such a great job! I am sooooo jealous. I wish I could draw.... :bgrin

Too pretty to use for trash!!!

Back