The Horse You Enjoy & Love the MOST?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has to be a few horses here...

Mercy, of course.
default_biggrin.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif

Freedom - my first dystocia I corrected on my own. She was an ESMHA Owned/Bred/Shown Champion for me and was the granddaughter of two of my favorite stallions. Had her for sale briefly but realized she is not going anywhere.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Nefertiti - my first Modern Shetland filly - wasn't sure we would still have her after she was diagnosed with a paralyzed tongue. Diet modifications have helped and she is the naughtiest filly here but she makes me laugh. She is well mannered on the line for me and I look forward to showing her in 2008.

Independence - my grandmother gave me a newspaper article years ago with a picture of King Tiger in it. He is Indy's grandfather.
default_wub.png

Weatherly - my Morgan filly. I had a colt years ago who was a grandson of Courage of Equinox (my vet said so but it was not documented until Tristan's sire was DNA tested just prior to his death). I lost him to an ex-best friend who decided my friendship was not worth being in my wedding for, had me sign the colt over to her (long story) and my relatives chastised me for letting the colt go.
default_no.gif

Turns out, Weatherly's grandfather is Courage of Equinox. Sometimes, good will come back to you if you are patient.
default_yes.gif

Great thread!

Denise

Silversong Farm

Well, I Have 2 favorites. But My #1 buddy is Krackerjack. He is my very first horse and is the sweetest and best tempered horse i have been around. He follows me around in the pasture. Is always trying to get my shoes off and run off with them. And WILL NOT allow any other horse to be next to me in the pasture (Which is more of a problem during feeding time lol) He loves hugs and will do just about anything i throw at him (took to a riding saddle no problem, and his first time in a team he was awesome, even did gee and haw really well) He has been a very willing show buddy and never let me down. And at nationals this year he put his heart all into it and we took National Champion in Amatuer Ladies Western Country Pleasure Driving. He goes on trail drives and is afraid of nothing, and still has an attitude and loves to show off in liberty (He will kill that darn plastic bag given the chance lol) He has even worn Cowboy hats and Mardi Gras beads for my amusment. And stood still napping for hours while I practiced braiding his mane and Tail. And has even come into the house and Tried to lay on the couch, and got excited when watching tv (almost too excited, wanted to trot throught the house. PLEASE NO!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
)He is my all time keeper.

27817Jackbig3.jpg

27817JAck_Pretty.JPG

27817P9100131small-med.jpg

My other fav is My new Filly Queenie. She is starting to get KrackerJack's personality (Wierd? They are not related and have never been pastured together) She is very protective of me and comes right up to me when i go out. She too goes after shoes, and if i go out there Barefoot she sees toes as a challenge to catch. She even, if your petting her and step back, will back up so you will keep scratching. And he whole body seems to be her itchy spot because her lips start going all over the place. And she scared of nothing. She was leading around, going through gates and into trailers without us asking her to. And has even had a few trips in the house too (enjoys chaseing and Freaking out the house cats( She was sooo standoffish as a foal but you would never know it by how she acts. She is never going anywhere either. She is a show horse in training and will be showing her first shows next year (excluding her trip to Nationals)

27817Queenie_Look_7months.JPG

27817queenycute2.JPG

default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_saludando.gif

This should be harder because I own 14 minis and I love them all!! I bond with the mares most during foaling season, the show horses during show season........but hands down the one that has won my heart is my stallion Heir. I bought him as a weanling and from the first time he raised his muzzle up for a kiss he had me. He still loves kisses! Even when he has his "stallion" moments I just have to say "that's my boy!". He's in my avatar jumping but here's a head shot also.

Heir3.jpg

I have to go on and add DunIT. He's actually a nephew of the first horse I posted through BTU.

DunIT is one, I swear, the more of a stinker he is, the more I just love him. He can be so sweet and loves his hugs and kisses. He will grab my jacket and hold on to it if I'm in another paddock but close enough for him to reach me. When we feed, he knows the routine and when we are at the horses just before his turn, he will start banging his bucket and just making sure we don't forget him.

When I'm in his paddock, if I clap my hands and cluck to him, he will free lunge a circle around me and will stop and turn when I say to! But, the whole time, he will be shaking his head in definace but it cracks me up -- I am not "making" him do anything (no whip, or anything). But, when he's done, he does get extra hugs. He's been a pill at home when I've worked with him for setting up at halter.

At the shows, he is like an honor student!!! I'm not sure what's up with that other than that he's very confident at home but at a show, I'm his "only friend" and he wants to keep me happy? He's just a character from the get go. He makes me just say "wow" even when he's all shaggy and with polkberry smeared on him. He's very special to me.

[SIZE=12pt]Erica's Gone and DunIT[/SIZE]

2005 31” grey-grullo fancy stallion – National Top 10 (halter) & AMHA Honor Roll (halter)

Grandson of both Ima Boones Little Buckeroo Too (“BTU”) and Yellow Diamond Little Feather, Great Grandson of Egyptian King

DUNIT%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20170%20BRUSHED.jpg

DUNIT%20Ball%20--%20071107%20--%20088.jpg

Latest posts

Back