The Deed is Done...**Almost** PiCS!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DixieGirl89

Reaction score
I FINALLY CLIPPED CHARM! At first I was just going to do her neck and chest but that was only because I thought she was going to be a pain. She seriously stood there like an old pro. Didn't even move! She even let me clip her face with SERIOUSLY no hesitation, she L.O.V.E.D it! I was so proud of my little girl today. Well I know you've been waiting so here it is!

Charm Before:

Charm After:

Look at that pretty little head I found under all that fuzz. That was a nice little gift :D

Oh and I know her halter is WAAAAAY too big for her, but it was the only one I could find. And that last picture was an inbetween pic, we took a little break and she totally deserved it for being such a champ! I want to thank everyone from the beginning when I had no idea what I was doing for giving me great advice. I used every word of it and LOOK you can barely see the minimal lines she has!

She looks fab
default_thumbup.gif
..I love the huge halter looks cute lol

Lol that halter bugged the crud out of me the whole time I was clipping her! It was practically falling off of her itty bitty face
default_rolleyes.gif

At least it was easy to clip around/under...I clipped my lil guys face recently and the halter was a real pain..next time I will be using one a good few sizes bigger..Great tip lol
default_thumbup.gif

I clipped my guys' faces yesterday just to see if I had brought home a couple of goats by mistake.

Nope... horses by golly.

I just hooked the halter around their necks as needed to clip the nose... they stood there like champs. I think they found it refreshing actually.

Uncovering their pretty horse selves each year is the gift for having to do the clipping in the first place!

I finished body clipping my three last night. This Friday/Saturday, I'll go back to do the faces and legs. Just in time for our first show on Sunday.

This is my 5 yr old smokey black mare before:

B7B37C46-A06F-4C33-BB7B-085110B74976-7999-000008E38FAC673C.jpg

And after her initial clipping:

64F3F3CA-218F-42D3-A9F8-4A23287F984A-204-00000020DFE624B1.jpg

I was running out of daylight and it was sprinkling (with the threat of heavier ran to come) so i wasn't able to finish her belly.

She's actually lost weight over the winter. I'm also working/exercising each of the three younger horse 3-4 times a week now. Her neck is much improved over what it was last fall.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's like opening a Christmas present! I love that smoky black mare of yours ;) Very pretty! I can't wait to clip Spirit and find out if his stripe is serious...or some countershading.

Back