The BIG MOVERS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koriana

Reaction score
Hey guys,

What lines are proving themselves to be BIG movers in the liberty and driving rings? I am a bit behind when it comes to everything that is going on in america at the moment. I am trying to find a line of horse who can really move but halter as well. I am trying to track real extension and impulsion rather then knee action

kylie

On the 2nd page,theres a thread about moving minis.

My favorites are Blue Boy and Rhotens Little Dandy.

Rhotens Little Dandy offspring are typically amazing movers (I own a daughter). I have also found that some of the Arenosa line can really trot! (for exaple the mare in my avatar, her father is 25% arenosa bred)

Hey guys,

What lines are proving themselves to be BIG movers in the liberty and driving rings? I am a bit behind when it comes to everything that is going on in america at the moment. I am trying to find a line of horse who can really move but halter as well. I am trying to track real extension and impulsion rather then knee action

kylie
Hi Kylie

I see that so far everyone has recommended Rhotens Little Dandy bloodlines. We stand the most proven (14 Titles) son of Rhotens Little Dandy at our training facility here in Texas, NFCS Dandy Moonman. We are very excited about his prepotency and have had many great offspring by him in our barn over the years! In fact we have had two super nice foals born this month!

You can see him at our website:

www.minidrivinghorse.com

He has the type of movement you are looking for and we are rapidly becoming confident that he is a "proven producer".

Good luck on your search!

Lisa Barnes

Last edited by a moderator:
I am trying to track real extension and impulsion rather then knee action
If that is what you want, check out the Seth Thomas line at seththomascollection.com

That line has produced numerous national driving and halter champions over the past several years, including D&S Spooktacular, who was undefeated in Roadster during his career. We have one of his sons, D&S Excuse My French. AMHR Nationals was only Frenchy's second show in driving classes. He won Youth Pleasure Driving Over in the 7-Under class and, to prove he's not just a kid's horse, finished third in Open Roadster. Another D&S horse, D&S Double Dutch Chocolate, finished eighth in Open Roadster and won both Youth Roadster Over and Youth Country Pleasure in the 8-12 division. Dutch also is the National All-Star champion in Country Pleasure, Amateur Country Pleasure, Youth Country Pleasure and Youth Roadster, and Reserve National All-Star champion in Liberty as well as Amateur Roadster and Ladies Roadster.

We're also impressed with the Arenosa line. We have a stallion who is half Arenosa and half Falabella named Flaby's Ringo. He has great leg action and sired a colt born in May who has similar movement and, at seven months old, cleared a 30-inch fence to go from one paddock to another.

I have one here but he only has a couple of babies on the ground but they are VERY promising. He is Rolling Ridge Rum Runner. He is a FOUR time AMHR national grand champion in country pleasure, SEVEN time AMHR national champion in country pleasure and AMHR national champion and reserve in pleasure he also has multiple top tens also and is top 5 in halter. He is one of the biggest moving horses that I know of with the most gorgeous natural headset you have ever seen and I am very glad that I can call him mine.

I think the Arenosa horses move great to but the first that really pops into my mind wold be Rhotens Little Dandy. I like the Rowdy / Van Lo line when it comes to movement as well ...

Leeana

He is Rolling Ridge Rum Runner.
He is an absolutely stunning horse to watch, and Linda does a wonderful job driving him.

Linda, I can hardly wait for Fred's babies to come out! That is one spectacular horse, one of my favorites of all, "ROLLING RIDGE RUM RUNNER."
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

P.S.: If you were on the west coast or I were on the east coast, Flirty would SO be in his string of ladies in waiting! That is a cross I would LOVE to see!

Yaddax [bob] and Amy thank you for your kind words. Amy you and Flirt just have to vacation in NH sometime. Fred thought Flirt looked pretty darn cute. Linda

Hi,

Bond Dynamo has sired many nice driving horses, including Rhotens Little Dandy. My most favorite Rhothens little dandy son right now is Grosshills Night Rhythm owned by Vintage farms, Lazy R Ranch and Columbia miniatures.

Amanda

Thanks guys for all youe help i will be having a look at all the names you guys mentioned =) but i must say the Seth Thomas collection has already impressed me, just in still shots =)

I have always like the arenosa, I didnt realise they were movers too =) Is there still dedicated arenosa studs?

kylie

HI,

For Arenosa studs, there are plenty of them around. Check out the Arenosa Pony group on Yahoo! Groups for more information on breeders, studs, sales and such.

Most of the Shetland influences will be big movers. Michigans, and Bar-G's Rock "E" are the other two shetland influence that come to mind (I know there are many others, but just can't think of them at this moment).

The other big movers are the Celebrations Tennessee Talent, many of the horses from Century Farms, and Scott Creek have many nice movers.

Amanda

Back