Thank You

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renolizzie

Reaction score
I finally found a trainer right here in town. That means he can come to my house and help me with my gear and my little horses. So cool.

I've had my little Wiseguy for 20 months. I didn't want to drive him without getting a few more lessons at home but I just couldn't find anyone out here.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me over the time I have had my horse. In fact, you helped me before I even got a horse. Some of you didn't even know you were helping me with your advice as you were giving that advice to others. Certainly I have gotten a lot of encouragement, as well.

Wiseguy and I have worked through several issues and had many great times together but I really wanted to know how I am doing. I really wanted to get together with a trainer. The trainer and I went out for our first drive together yesterday.

The trainer was really pleased with Wiseguy and our abilities working together. I was so happy. I am mostly getting this driving thing right. He thinks I mostly just need to keep getting out on the road and building Wiseguy's confidence.

The trainer also said I was hooking up the cart properly and he figured out the breeching on my current harness [it took him some time but he did figure it out!] Although I think I will still be buying a new harness for my little guy eventually, he thinks this harness is okay. That means I can spend my money elsewhere this spring - like on a harness for the new guy,

I'm having the trainer over for another driving session next week. I'm thrilled and excited to have found someone with many years experience to learn from.

We are going to be starting Nevada, the new guy, sometime this spring. I'll still be leaning on all of you through that process, as well.

Anyway, a big thanks again for all the help. Driving is so fun. I couldn't have done it without the people on this website.

Very cool!! It's so good to hear you and Wiseguy are on your way. Having some support from an experienced driver or trainer is SO helpful!

I, too, have learned so much from this forum.

O, that is so awesome!! Glad that he found you were doing things right and that the harness works for you.

I look forward to hearing how you are doing with your two guys. Maybe next time your new trainer/instuctor comes out, you could have him take a few pics of you driving? I'd love to see how you guys are doing.

For a while, we had a "training thread" going, w/ pictures, on here. It seems to have gotten "lost" and we seemed to have all "moved on". Maybe we should "un-earth" it and see whom has gotten to what points with their driving horses and let the newer folks add their experiences to it!!

It's always nice to have encouragement from many fronts. Congratulations on what you've accomplished!

Latest posts

Back