Terrified of Cart

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniNHF

Reaction score
Some of you may have remembered my post on my stallion who was absolutely terrified of the cart when his blinders went on and it took us a year to even remotely get him into it.

Well I'm happy to say that the other day was the first time I was able to harness him up and cart him all by myself without any problems AND got in and out without him moving. So we have had a major break through there considering I couldn't get in or out of it at all without him bolting due to the feeling and/or noise of getting in and out of the cart. The same with harnessing him to the cart, we would have to push him up against a wall or fence as a barrier and then one person had to stand right in front of him and hold both sides of his head so we wouldn't get a charging maniac if he decided something that moved was going to eat him alive; same procedure would have to be done getting in and out of the cart and unharnessing.

I just wanted to share my update and also if anyone else has this problem or runs into it, just be patient because it may take much much longer than normal for that certain horse to get into the cart.

Just a photo from our driving lesson this past weekend, got some great tips and he was very calm for being in a new place which I was excited about usually he is all wound up and scooting his butt underneath him at every sound he hears.

FB_20151010_14_22_41_Saved_Picture.jpg

Latest posts

Back