Terrible pictures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlotte

Reaction score
We are currently in negotiation with the electric utility company. They will take almost 1/4 of our little farm as an easement. I need some 'evidence' to present in our case regarding fencing and the use of herbicides and other chemicals.

Does anyone have a picture of a miniature horse killed or severly injured by dog attack that they would email to me privately? I have explained the situation, but I'm sure the utility company representatives haven't a clue of what I am telling them. I need a very graphic picture.
default_sad.png

I also need a picture of an aborted fetus at probably 7-10 months gestation.

Please send privately if you have this. I don't want to put something upsetting here on the forum.

[email protected]

Thank you for any help and I am very sorry to stir up bad memories for anyone who can help me.

Laura (in AR) had a colt that was torn up by dogs and she posted pics here. Maybe you can ask her too.

Kim of CrayonBox minis here has pics of lost foals at different ages on her site. I think I have the link on my home page.

I used to have pics of when I lost my Spuds colts but I lost them when I lost my old computer
default_sad.png

Charlotte I saw this earlier and can't stop thinking about it. I'm so sorry this is happening to you. You may want to get legal representation if that is a option, if for nothing else but to tie it up in the courts. You have a legitimate business that will be in danger. I've seen how the power company works around here and if it's like that in OK. you won't have a chance trying to fight this by yourself.

thank you all and Debby, we have two very good attorneys on this...bottom line is the power company will win, we just have to control the outcome as much as we possibly can.

Just heartsick. All of the beautiful trees on the east side of our farm will be gone. It's very sad. Not to mention all the other factors.

There will be no trees here and the rest of our east side.

P1010016 web.jpg

thank you all and Debby, we have two very good attorneys on this...bottom line is the power company will win, we just have to control the outcome as much as we possibly can.

Just heartsick. All of the beautiful trees on the east side of our farm will be gone. It's very sad. Not to mention all the other factors.

There will be no trees here and the rest of our east side.
I'm glad to hear that Charlotte. i would think there could be a way to keep it from happening. I know you are heartsick about this, I can feel it. I'll be praying for the outcome to be something you can live with.

Charlotte, I wish you the best of luck in this. Debby, she's right - it WILL happen. When "the powers that be" decide something is better "for the good of many", that's just what happens. Have a friend here that is losing many acres of one farm for an airport expansion. They have absolutely NO choice in the matter.
default_no.gif
Yes, they are getting finacncially "compensated", but it was their family farm for many years.

What a lousy situation, Charlotte! Here's hoping your attorneys can at LEAST make the power co. pay you VERY WELL for this 'taking'...AND, hold them to some strict safety requirements as 'neighbors'.

Friends of mine down south of Albuq. in Los Lunas are facing the taking of about a third of their small acreage for the approach to a new bridge across the Rio Grande. Worst will be the continuous whizzing traffic RIGHT NEXT TO their formerly peaceful homesite! To make it worse, one of them is currently fighting ovarian cancer....

All this in the name of 'growth' and 'progress'...yeah, right!

Best wishes for the best possible outcome for you and your horses!

Margo

Charlotte that is horrible! i am sorry, you have such a beautiful farm, i hope something can be worked out!!!!!

Charlotte,, I am really sorry. You are right,, the Electric company will win. They do what ever they want with YOUR land.

Despite the huge opposition to the new powerlines in my area.. they did what they wanted.. cut down Huge Beautiful ok trees,,,,

and made the area where I live look HORRIble
default_sad.png

Again,, I am so sorry.
default_sad.png
This is what I have to look at.... huge towers....
default_sad.png
( No compensation at all. Still bitter over this. As if

the economy hasn't done enough to hurt my property value
default_sad.png
(

You cant have a building closer than 25' to a property line here.. but they didn't need an easement for a 160' tower and powerlines 10 '

from my property. hmm.......

Good Luck Charlotte.
default_smile.png
)))

DSC_8349.jpg

I am not sure how the easement works Charlotte, but are you going to still be able to use the property at all???? maybe for pasture???? Maybe they will let you use it for pasture space and you would not totally be out????

Sandy, I don't blame you at all for not liking that view.
default_sad.png

Yes, we can still use the area for pasture, but the issues this easement will cause us are many and large. They will basically change our lives.

Last edited by a moderator:
i thought america was supposed to be the 'land of the free'? how are we truelly free when our government can take our property away and do whatever they want with it? absolutely ridculous!

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlotte,

Again, I'm sorry about this. I do want to warn you, not like you don't already have enough to worry about with this BS going on around you, but wanted to share something. The place we are currently leasing has one of these easements going through it. I have 3 of those huge eletricity towers running down one side of the property. I've learned a lot about the electric company since living here. More than I ever wanted to know! Some of the things we have to deal with:

They, Ameren, fly helicopters over the powerlines 2x daily for "inspection" and it's LOUD.

The come through during the spring and fall with the biggest chainsaws I've ever seen and drop them on ropes from helicopters to "trim" the trees and brush back. The problem with having horses grazing in that area is that you get no warning as to when this will be so you can get your horses out of harms way before them come.

They drop pesticides from helicopters to keep the ground cover under control. They also don't warn us when this will be.

The owner of the property has sued Ameren in the past over the pesticides, citing it killed their blackberry grove, and won, and now Ameren is supposed to contact them prior to the spraying to coordinate it with the growing and picking season, but it doesn't always happen.

So we keep our horses confined to a very small portion of the property unless we're home. We just can't trust that the trimming or spraying will happen when we're told. Our neighbors across the street had a mare and foal happen to be out one time when the trimmers came overhead and somehow the mare and foal got seperated, with one on one side of the blade and one on the other, and my neighbor running out there trying to get them to lift the blade up so he could get his horses, but they just kept flying like they weren't even looking. So either they weren't looking, which is scary or they were and didn't care.

Very scary stuff. I wish you the best. It's an uphill battle, but don't let up on them.

I also wanted to add that I use electric tape for some of my fencing. And the portion of the fence that is closest to one of these towers (the boys' lot) will still carry a current even when it's turned off! I was getting shocked while putting the fence up and couldn't figure out what is going on. I finally used the fence tester to see and sure enough... It was measuring .030 to .05 when TURNED OFF! It only measures .08 to .11 when plugged in!!! And I get shocked in my house ALL THE TIME! I know it's those darn power lines.

Last edited:
Did you get the pictures that I sent?

Yes! I apologize Tony. they wre just what I needed. We have been putting together extensive documents and I was using your pictures even and so wrapped up in myself I forgot to thank you which we REALLY do thank you. I'm sure it wasn't pleasant bringing those terrible memories to the fore.

default_gaah.gif
Charlotte

Latest posts

Back