Terrible pictures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlotte,are you still fighting with this? I hope you got everything you need to put up a good fight!!!!

Thank you everyone. I have just today gotten some more ugly pictures and I think we can make a case now for our concerns.

Yes, we are still fighting this. The huge bulldozers are across the street turning oak woods into bare land...for the substation.
default_sad.png

I will let y'all know the outcome. I don't know how long this will drag out.

When I moved to a farm in MN. It was on a dirt road out in the country. Zoning was a density of 1 house per 40 acres. So, a farmer could have 80 acres, which allows him 2 building permits. He can sell 2 3 acre properties and his building permits would be used up.

So, I had no close neighbors. Then down the road a power plant was put in. They of course signed an agreement with our township that the power lines would only go east. Well after a few years, they sold the company to another comapany who had not signed that agreement. Next thing one knew, they were going to go west, down the country streets, through the farmers fields and right through the football fields of the high school. Everyone who was going to be affected hired attorneys, including the town. Two years of fighting, the power company won. So did the lawyers, as they got paid even though they lost. Down cam hundreds of trees. Soon, the road was blacktoped infront of my home (they took 20' of the front of my property and pasture. Then to the south of my property a pipeline cam through, now another power company is going to run VERY heavy duty poerlines to the south of my property (right outside the fence line) and right through the farmers fields. Making it impossible for the farmer to water his crops. Thank god I am no longer there. I am now again on a very private piece of property, on a dead end dirt road that is a private road.

When I was still married, the pipeline was through the corner of our property. They decided that they were going to cut down all the trees within 75' on each side of the pipeline so that they could fly over it to check it rather than have employees walk it. I fought like heck, because we had asbout 10 old oak trees that were at least 150 years old that we would have lost. I called the tv station and they came out to interview us. I was on TV. (my 2 minutes of fame
default_biggrin.png
) The pipeline left our trees, but took everyone elses along the whole pipeline.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back