Terrible "Accident"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:no: This is so awful, if this guy has a sleeping disease why oh why did they not take his driving licence away? I am hoping that after this tragic accident that the authorities will act to prevent him injuring anyone else. Hugs and prayers go to those poor girls and their families.

Yvonne

[SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]

Is this on your local news anywhere? I would think such a tragedy that it would be and they might have more info
One of the local stations wanted to report on the accident the evening that it had happened - but were told no because "it was being investigated."

This is so awful, if this guy has a sleeping disease why oh why did they not take his driving licence away? I am hoping that after this tragic accident that the authorities will act to prevent him injuring anyone else. Hugs and prayers go to those poor girls and their families.Yvonne
The truth is Yvonne - not only was he driving without a drivers license, he was also driving without vehicle registration and without insurance. I just cant get over that he was not arrested.

Lori

That's terrible; it's really not safe for a group of riders to be on the road.

That's a little weird that the news couldn't even mention the accident; usually they'll report on the accident & say it's under investigation--they might not say much about it, but they do mention it. How was it known so quickly that the guy has no license or vehicle registration/insurance??

Wow that is very strange that the news either on a local or state level- radio, tv and print-would not report on this - the Police Dept cannot tell the media that they cannot report this - and this would be such a huge human interest story especially since 2 horses were killed and the girls were injured (Thank God their injuries are not more severe! - I expected at least broken bones when I read he plowed right into them)

What town/Police Dept did you say this was?

That's a little weird that the news couldn't even mention the accident; usually they'll report on the accident & say it's under investigation--they might not say much about it, but they do mention it. How was it known so quickly that the guy has no license or vehicle registration/insurance??
We live in a small community - our town pop. is listed at 456. Every one knows every one here - which is why so many knew about this guy's driving info...

What town/Police Dept did you say this was?
I didnt say - Suring, Wi. - there you go. I get the feeling that people are not believing this thread...believe.

Is this on your local news anywhere? I would think such a tragedy that it would be and they might have more info
I for the life of me do not know why this has not been on the news. My husband says they can not report on it untill it has been investigated...I suppose because this guy could have been intoxitcated - or may have fell alseep - I dont know - I am not a reporter...

Last edited by a moderator:
I juat wanted to say--for those that are doubting this thread...it is TRUE, it did happen just the way that Lori has said. I live about 10-15 minutes from where the accident happened. All I can say is that the angels definitely were with those girls , that nothing major happened to them. It has not been on the TV or in the papers as of yet. No one seems to know why, but our ISP has a message board on it and there is quit a few posts about it on there also. That is all local only. .. there were also 2 others riding with them, but they had cut into the woods. I heard today that he said he was blinded by the sun and never seen the horses, but who knows...... I am sure in the next few days we'll be hearing alot of small town talk. Corinne

I juat wanted to say--for those that are doubting this thread...it is TRUE, it did happen just the way that Lori has said.

[SIZE=10pt]Thankyou, I was starting to feel like this was going to be another bashing thread. Again - the kids are all doing ok for now - with the exeption of little Tian - she is of course still in the hospital...[/SIZE]

Lori

Thanks for the update, keep us posted on how the young girl is doing?

I bet it will be so hard for those girls to ever ride again :new_shocked:

[SIZE=12pt]What a tragedy... I am so sorry for the girls. They are so fortunate to have their lives and health, but I know they are so sad about losing their horses. Please keep us posted... Shannon[/SIZE]

For whatever reason that guy hit them, something needs to be done about him - that's for sure...

For whatever reason that guy hit them, something needs to be done about him - that's for sure...
[SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]

I totally agree mini_lover, the whole thing is so sad, for lack of better words.

Lori

The media can report the news BEFORE any investigation is complete...they do it all the time. No one knows why this accident is being kept so quiet.

I juat wanted to say--for those that are doubting this thread...it is TRUE, it did happen just the way that Lori has said.

[SIZE=10pt]Thankyou, I was starting to feel like this was going to be another bashing thread. Again - the kids are all doing ok for now - with the exeption of little Tian - she is of course still in the hospital...[/SIZE]

Lori
HI

I am sorry if you think I didn't believe you with my questions about the media! I do believe you - my concern with the media is this loser that hit him. I should have clarified exactly why I questioned that - I forget that people can't read my mind! lol I'm afraid they were giving you a line of bull.... about why this wasn't on the news, someone has to be pulling strings.

He absolutely needs to be taken off the road and held accountable. It sounds like this is being keep quiet because of either someone who is a friend or relative is powerful enough to pull strings (and this makes even more sense this may be the case since yours is a small town)- if the media was involved especially on state level the outcry against him would be huge considering it was children involved and horses were killed and something would have to be done about him! He should have been arrested just on driving without a license or insurance on the spot other charges can always be added.

If everyone in town is seeing this man driving they need to be calling the police on him- but, since I also live in a small town, I know that if he is someone who everyone feels sorry for or is a friend or relative of a well connected person then this can come back to bite you in the butt. Regardless, there is a reason they took his license away - he is dangerous and the towns people need to step up and get action because if he continues to be allowed to drive (and everyone who encounters him on the road and does not report him is an accessory in my mind) he will continue to have accidents and continue to kill animals and will kill someone at some point - those poor girls will have nightmares forever

Any other news on how the girls are doing?

This is a horrible tragedy. I feel horrible for the parents, girls, horses, families and everyone involved. I hope that the guy that hit those girls is put away. I really think that this needs to be the final straw for this guy! My thoughts and prayers are with the girls, families and horses. :no:

HII am sorry if you think I didn't believe you with my questions about the media! I do believe you - my concern with the media is this loser that hit him.
[SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]

Hi Sharon - no need to say your sorry - I obviously interpreted your post wrong - so I am sorry!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I have heard no updates on the girls but will be talking ( if I can reach them that is ) with a couple of the mother's tomorrow. Thanks again for all of the concern for these kids.

Lori

Lori, have you heard anything about the girls? Just hoping that the girls are all going to be OK. Has anyone done anything about the man that was driving?

I'm still sending my thoughts and prayers to the girls, friends and family!
default_pray.gif
:

Lori, have you heard anything about the girls? Just hoping that the girls are all going to be OK. Has anyone done anything about the man that was driving? I'm still sending my thoughts and prayers to the girls, friends and family!
[SIZE=10pt]Hi Tiffany, my husband talked with one of the girls ( Emily's ) mom the other night. They are all doing fine...Little Tian ( the girl who ended up with broken collar bones ) will be on the mend for a while of course. [/SIZE]

But listen to this...this last Sat. which was only six days after this accident - here come two little girls on the same pony's that missed being hit out of that group of five the previous weekend. They were coming round our corner here where we live, down the middle of the road. :new_shocked: :eek:
default_shutup.gif
: :nono: To make matters worse ( if you can ) the roads were slippery and the ditches full of snow...This was Tian's younger sister and some friend. My husband and I couldnt believe our eyes. ( Remember, these kids live a good three to four miles from here. ) What the he-- are their parents thinking!?

About the man who hit them, he has still not been arrested - and still nothing about this in our local paper or otherwise...

Lori

WHAT!? I Can't belive the parents jsut let them otu again so they didnt get hit now their giving thema chance ot jeez etleast go on trails not Road Hacks
default_rolleyes.gif
: Wow after that girls mother has seen her daughter int he hospital and losing her horses and such wow.

:no: OMG!!!! WHAT THE HE-- ARE THOSE PARENTS THINKING!!!! ARGH! If is was me I wouldn't allow my child to go out that far anymore! Especially in this area of the states where we have snow and ice and the roads are slick!
default_wacko.png
: Parents like that drive me crazy!!!! You'd think that the kids would've learned by now too!!!!! :new_2gunsfiring_v1: I'm still keeping those kids in my thoughts and prayers!
default_yes.gif
:

As for the guy.... ARGH!!! :new_2gunsfiring_v1: :new_2gunsfiring_v1:
default_frusty.gif
: :new_let_it_all_out:
default_torch.gif
: Yeah... I think all those emoticons explain my feelings on that one!

Latest posts

Back