Terrain

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jiterbug

Reaction score
I'm still worried about my terrain. I've posted on the miniature side and was told it would be okay for a miniature, but I'm not sure I described it very well. A pony is a little bigger and my area is very mountanous. How do you know if it is too steep for a pony? (shetland)

terri

Not to be flippant - but when the pony won't go up the hill willingly. I have seen horses climb mountain sides with step rocks, they know their limits.

If you are concernd with the terrain, try this, on your days off - put the horses in this area and go about your business, but keep an eye on them. Most horses are not going to hurt themselves and know their limits.

Last edited by a moderator:
[ I know you are right, but I really don't want to buy one to find out I can't put him anywhere. Maybe I worry too much. I wonder if the neighbor will let me borrow his for a couple of days!

terri

quote name=muffntuf' date='Jan 15 2008, 06:26 PM' post='955773]

Not to be flippant - but when the pony won't go up the hill willingly. I have seen horses climb mountain sides with step rocks, they know their limits.

If you are concernd with the terrain, try this, on your days off - put the horses in this area and go about your business, but keep an eye on them. Most horses are not going to hurt themselves and know their limits.

Well that's a good idea, you could even talk to your neighbor, sounds like they live near you, they know horses....

Back