Tempur-pedic

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After looking around I am NOT going with tempur pedic, their prices are very inflated and actually the reviews are not very good compared to others I'm looking at. The one I'm leaning towards is over half the price of the tempur pedic it is comparable to. Still not totally decided yet though. Our current matress is 10 years old and failed (big dip in the center)...warranty no good because of a light yellow stain about the size of a 50 cent piece that I didn't notice...what a crock that is....certainly isn't the stain that caused the matress to fail.

If I might suggest, if you have a Costco store around you, check their memory foam mattresses out. Husb and I bought one from them last fall and we really like it......... I don't really notice it sleeps "hotter" than a regular mattress and I think the cost was so much better than another other retailer.

Worth a shot to check it out. They do sell them on-line also and if you don't like it you can return it to the nearest store......although I am not sure how one would ever get the mattress back in the box it came in....haha. You get it and fold it out & then it takes a few hours to "puff" up for lack of a better term.....

Good luck in your search........I know how hard it is to find a good mattress.......we looked for several months before we got this and I think we paid $699 for a king mattress....?

Also did not need a boxspring with it, so got a platform bedframe from Walmart......... we both are sleeping much better these days.

Valerie

There are so many different memory foam mattresses now. If you don't want a Tempur-Pedic, you could look up Angel Beds online and also bedinabox.com to get even more price comparisons. I love my TP, think it was well worth what I paid for it because I plan to have it forever but I do think the prices have increased lately and are getting outrageous.

Temour pedic is high quality, they were the innovators of the memory foam but with others coming out with comparable products they need to have comparable prices. Going to look at the serta icomfort genius matress today....I can't wait any longer, my back is killing me. Thankyou everyone for your suggestions and input. I sure hope I can sleep better.

I hope so too Sonya. Nothing worse than not getting restful sleep. Let us know how your search goes.

I really think you'll like the way these beds sleep. I am hoping for a nap in mine today!!!
default_yes.gif

Just ordered it, it will be delivered on Friday...Is it a sign of old age that I get super excited over a mattress? Lol.

I also got some new fancy pillows and mattress cover...now I have to go get a new comforter set too, can't put the old on my new mattress! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Please let us know what you think! Especially if it sleeps "hot"...........15 years of menopause. LOL!

Will do...it claims it is 7 times cooler than most memory foams, thats why we went with it. They did give me 90 days that if I don't like it I can exchange for something else.

Yep, hope we like it. They delivered it at noon....got some nice pillows(balance cloud) and of course new sheets and comforter set:)...I will let you know how we like it, I have been reading up and sometimes it takes a couple weeks for your body to adjust to it.

Well the first night we tossed and turned abit, woke up with just aittle back pain but my lower back hurt when I went to bed anyhow. It's kinda hard, but we did go with the firm. I didn't get any hotter than my normal bed though. They say they need broken in and that takes a couple weeks so gonna have to give it more time. I'll update in a couple weeks. Must say we both loved the pillows, they were alittle pricey but awesome....if you are in the market for a new pillow, try the Balance Cloud.

Just a quick update....the matress is definately getting better. It takes some getting used to....they need broken in and that usually takes 30 days...problem is we are only there part time so it's not getting broke in as quick as it should, but I am definately liking it more. If you get a firm one (which is the recommendation for lower back pain) be prepared to not like it at first. Stick it out though because it does get better. Thanks for all your replies.

Btw if you are looking for new pillows, the Balance Cloud by Bedgear is awesome! I love it!

Well the first night we tossed and turned abit, woke up with just aittle back pain but my lower back hurt when I went to bed anyhow. It's kinda hard, but we did go with the firm. I didn't get any hotter than my normal bed though. They say they need broken in and that takes a couple weeks so gonna have to give it more time. I'll update in a couple weeks. Must say we both loved the pillows, they were alittle pricey but awesome....if you are in the market for a new pillow, try the Balance Cloud.
I am surprised you woke with back pain. When I had my neck surgery they had mem foam beds in that ward. It was the most comfortable bed I ever slept on and it wasn't the drugs because I am alergic to pain meds.

Katiean, the one we picked out is extremely firm...the first night was like sleeping on plywood...it has loosened up alot but still alittle hard. You have to remember the bed you slept on was already broken in....when we tested the bed in the showroom it felt totally different than the one that was delivered (even though it was the same bed) because tons of people had laid on it (yuck...lol) I expect it to only get better, I hope...lol.

I love it...it did take a while though...the first couple months was like sleeping on a board, but now it is perfect...I think it took so long because we only use this bed 4 nights a week. I don't usually get too hot, I am glad I went with the one with the cooling gel in it. If you buy one...don't give up on it, it takes a while. I do love how if I or hubby move you can't feel it at all...we can flop around like fish out of water and the other hasn't a clue! Bad side...my little rat terrier (who is only allowed on the bed for a few minutes when we first get in for the night) can sneak up there in the middle of the night and we don't know...lol.

Latest posts

Back