temp to perm /AMHA

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justagirl

Reaction score
I haven't been keeping up here , can someone tell me if AMHA changed the age to bring a horse permanent yet ??

Also , tried to find a form on the AMHA website but had no luck . Is there one and can someone link me up so I can find it , thanks in advance .

It is still five years old right now. They have talked about changing it to three next year.

You fill out the back of your original registration papers and send them in. There is no form except the work order form which is available online.

A mini breeder told me that, starting January 2010, the cost of a hardship registration into the AMHA was dropping dramatically for a gelding - something under $100. The cost of a hardship registration for a stallion or mare, ie breeding stock, was remaining higher.

Also that the age for hardship was dropping to 3yo or older.

Any ideas if this is correct?

I have a 3yo size A gelding who is learning to drive, would be fun to participate in mini shows if he can be registered. His sire is registered both AMHA and AMHR, dam is not (that problem resides with the previous owner).

Thanks,

Carole

I just received the new World mag. and it says as of Jan 1 2010 miniatur horses will be brought to pernament at age 3, just like R. I would also assume thats the same as hardshipps are too. But right now its the same 5 years of age.

I know they talked about decreasing the gelding fee last year but I thought it was jut going down half the price, to $250. Either way its great.

Oh also for anyone who didn't know I think until Dec. 31 2010 if you have a horse with revoked AMHA papers and is 34" and under you can bring them permanent without paying late fees. Just did that on one horse. Thanks AMHA
default_saludando.gif

PS: Make sure you print out your cupon on AMHA's site before you send anything in
default_wink.png

Oh also for anyone who didn't know I think until Dec. 31 2010 if you have a horse with revoked AMHA papers and is 34" and under you can bring them permanent without paying late fees. Just did that on one horse. Thanks AMHA
default_saludando.gif
This may be a stupid question but....why would a 34" and under mini's papers be revoked?
default_unsure.png

If you do not bring a miniature horse permanent by the expiration date on the papers, then the papers are revoked until you pay the fees and take them permanent. Which means the horses is still registered but not able to do anything within the registry until a permanent height is given.

A horse over the age of five and under 34" would have revoked papers if they were never made permanent by the owner!

One key point on the temp to perm change. Your registration papers are good until the expiration date printed on the papers. You can bring the three year olds perm before the expiration date beginning in 2010, but you will have until that date. That will help people slowly get caught up.

One key point on the temp to perm change. Your registration papers are good until the expiration date printed on the papers. You can bring the three year olds perm before the expiration date beginning in 2010, but you will have until that date. That will help people slowly get caught up.
Thanks for mentioning that Jody. I think a lot of people are confused and thinking they are going to have to bring everything from 3 years to 5 years old permanent in the same year. This gives us a break in not having to do them all at once.
default_biggrin.png

Sounds like we will be doing a lot of photos next year to get them up to date!

Glad there is some leeway in getting them done.

Back