Technology to make our lives easier

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepipony

Reaction score
I have been trying, for hours, literally, to get an upgrade on my cell phone, online. I have had to call a few times, keep getting disconnected and , of course, only after waiting on intergalactic hold for some time. All this ugrade doodoo, technology to help us and its just not working! I am tired of getting automation instead of a person then holding forever to finally talk to someone ( dont even get me started about not being able to understand them half the time!!!) Its 4p and I have been trying to get this phone figured out, off and on, since 10a. Rediculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems everything is taking longer to do nowadays. grrrrrrrrr

Believe me when I tell you that technology has truly changed my life! When I was a new bride in the early 60's, I spent 2 full days a week on laundry. Wringer washer and line drying on Monday. Sprinkling all the clothes that needed ironing (pretty much everything), rolling them up and letting them all get moist, and then ironing all day Tuesday. We rarely ate out, and had no microwave or slow cooker. Cooked from scratch every day. Pushed a rotary lawn mower, and on and on. I'm amazed at how much time I waste every day now. Sure glad I was young back then cuz I sure wouldn't have the energy for that life these days!

I love technology
default_wub.png
:

LOL it was the mid-80s before my grandmother bought an automatic washer/dryer, she used the wringer type for decades.

k, some technology is good LOL but this automation crudola is rediculous. Its only as smart as the people that program it and , wellll.....................
default_rolleyes.gif
: we might be better off if my Mini did it :lol:

They just passed a law ( in the US) stating that train crews had to be 2 people. Can you imagine a freight train being run by computer with only an engineer qualified conductor on board to make sure it runs ok?

I have literally spent the last 3 weeks trying to get our Tracfone established and working.

We bought a Tracfone 3 weeks ago, it kept saying no service; called tracfone, they tried, decided to send us a new phone. They sent us a cheaper phone, it wouldn't work, kept saying "searching for network", so they sent us another phone and another phone. Finally, decided to take the orginal phone back to the store, turned it on in town, it could connect with the towers in town and we had 5 bars. So, I decided to bring it back home and try again. Reset it up Friday night, along with one of the cheaper phones; still no go. Today, I called and spent 1.5+ hours on the phone trying again to get the original phone set-up; finally got them to try to set it up using a zip outside of our local phone company/cell service area... Low and behold, we have bars and I was able to call my MIL. So, we put all our minutes we bought onto the phone; and I'll be sending back all the cheap phones that wouldn't work. Hopefully, it will keep working. I'll try again later and see how it goes.

default_wacko.png
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:

'bout the same story here Ordered a new phone 'overnight' , 4 days ago, still havent gotten it. Doubt I will get that overnight fee back, but sure am gonne B**** about it. These things that are supposed to be easier, are truly getting harder. They installed fiber optic phone lines a few years back. Old lines would short out every single time it rained, calls wouldnt go through or would get dropped. With all the drilling/digging around here the new lines have been cut, so darn many times that calls are always staticy. Hubby even missed his call to work a few days ago, calls could go out, but not come in. Since we live rurally, cell towers are far away and we cannot get a signal here.

Hope they get your minutes moved!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

We're rural, too, but since the local phone company is also rural, they kind of understand. There is a cell tower about 5 miles from here, I can see it from the window at the south end of the house. Still usually have to walk to the top of the nearest "hill" to get good coverage, but that beats walking 10 miles or more to the nearest farm with someone living on it.

I live 17 miles from the closest "town" (gas station and post office), 40 miles from the closest grocery store, 60 miles from a town with some amenities and 150 miles from the nearest WalMart.

The problem that prompted this post just keeps getting better. Took 6 hours , break in between, to actually order the new phone. Ordered it overnight on thurs, came monday. Got it all set up but had to call to get it started, the guy put in 9/12 as the start of service date, took 1/2 hour, was on hold most of that time. Come to find out since the old phone was ATT and new is Cingular, the sim card, with over 200 phone numbers, dont jive. Thought Cingular and ATT were one company? Didnt anyone think to make the Sim cards compatible? So now we have to make a 150 mile round trip, to the nearest Cingular store that has the machine to transfer sim card memory. They didnt even offer to refund the overnight delivery charge.

Hubby blinked, called and griped them out. Feel sorry for the person on the other end, sure wasnt their fault, nor their day
default_wacko.png
:

Back