Tack Color Poll

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Color Would look best on Clementine?

• Total voters

MajorClementine

Reaction score
Clementine is a fairly dark bay and I'm wondering what color you think she would look best in.

CIMG3881.JPG

She could wear anything. I always thought any color looked good on a bay, but for me, I would definitely go with black and match those pretty legs.

Shoot, neither of my favorites are there
default_smile.png

When it comes to performance tack, my choice is black... when it comes to having fun on my own, I love purple
default_biggrin.png

Halo is a bay, like yours, a bit lighter. I have had purple, pink, and red on her, and all look nice. But I don't show her or anything. If I was showing, I would probably be like everyone else, and use black, to match her legs, mane, and tail.

Any showing we did would be in black for sure but I'm wondering for pleasure and at home.

I voted teal out of the choices, but my favorite on a bay of her color is a good deep purple. That is what my girl has!

sorry , dont like any of the choices on offer , id use Burgundy or Black

I like that rich, royal Purple, or Burgundy best, but I voted for teal, as it's a strong color too.

Last edited:
Hmmm... I've tried, over the years, to use my chosen barn color. At first, didn't have many options there, but then Purple became very popular!

Personally - she'd look good in any of those colors. I usually prefer a bay NOT to be in pink, but we have a bay mare that wears pink and even though Im now riding her (daughter's mare, she chose pink in 2001), I've continued to use pink on her. I just think of "her color" as being pink (well her name is "Pretty Girl")...

The only reason we had different colors in/at our farm - each of our 3 daughters had their chosen color (s) on top of our barn colors. So often they had red (alternated with blue) or pink or teal (which later switched to lime green)... I got their brush buckets in their colors, brushes, halters, leads, lounge lines, made training martingales, saddle pads (at least for fun), leg wraps, and sheets in the girls' colors. We always knew which horse or pony it was for, too, w/o having to check sizes if they were close, LOL. OR you knew who was riding which horse/pony as that pony wore that daughter's color that day. It was awesome!! Everytime I went to a new area, I had to check out tack stores and find brushes, curry combs and hoof picks in the girls' individual colors to go in their grooming buckets...

d384.jpg
b386.jpg

46b6.jpg
93a1.jpg

4175.jpg
7a18.jpg

You do different colors for each of your horses? What are you doing with the color choices? Brushes, halter, bridle, harness, cart, trailer, sheets/blankets, leg wraps, buckets? Yellow is difficult to get in each of those items... For some reason, even though our barn colors are purple/black/white, I've gotten into the lime - and your bay mare would look good in lime... I seem to be the only one who has voted for lime, too.

I love lime! My guy is a bay tovero with a lot of white, and would look stunning in lime. Unfortunately I couldn't find him stuff in lime much of the time so he's got mostly green stuff with some other colors thrown in there. Lime looks great on the bays tho!

The color that looks BEST on Bays is GREEN. Regular green. Red also looks very nice. Red & black would look great on her
default_smile.png

Back