Tablets

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcody

Reaction score
Let me start out by saying I have an ipad, I also have an iphone, so i am very familiar with them. But, I was wondering what other tablets people had that were not 'I" tablets? I am thinking it is time for a change, to try something different. I would like something more compatible with my pc, and no I am not interested in a mac. nothing wrong with them, I have used them and they just do not 'fit' me. I would like to be able to attach a flash drive, have a nice camera and lots of apps. Does anyone have a non ipad they like?

We bought my husband a Nexus 7 for Christmas and he loves it. Neither of us are very computer savvy really but our techy son researched the various different ones and decided that was the best bang for the buck. He liked it so much that he went out and got himself one too. I don't know if they can do what you need them to but both my guys love theirs.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note. So far its great.32 gig internal plus a 32 gig micro SD. Holds everything I have. I installed File Manager and keep all my rule books and documents on it. Plug it in to a PC and it looks just like a jump drive so you can use Windows Explorer to create and manipulate files.

Sorry, iPad is IT for me. I am a PC only person, but love the iPad. I can attach my good prosumer Nikon to it with the camera attachment. The only thing I don't like is not being able to watch any Flash Player videos but there are other browsers that allow that.

For the Nexus, is it Android? I will look into both of them, thank you! The ipad is a great tablet, but other tablets have come so far that who knows, maybe there is one that i might like better?

I really like my Toshiba tablet and my Aspire Netbook. Both seem to have bigger compatiblity than my iPhone, and are easier to lug around than my regular laptop.

I have a Samsung galaxy tab (it's a mini tab, so about the size of an ipad mini, Android). I've had it for a couple years now so I'm sure they have updated them a lot since then. It does have a micro SD port but not a usb. I do like it but when it's time to upgrade, I think I'm going to go with the ipad mini. I like the size of the minis, they fit easily in my purse and easier to hold than a full size tab. I always thought Android had more apps than apple, but someone told me recently that apple has more. One thing I do like is the apps for my iphone are tested where as with the android apps, they aren't so much...they are always crashing or having issues with many of them.

Jill, can you attach a flash drive or usb to the toshiba?

Yes, both... I think? It has a full size USB port and a micro, plus it has a slot for a USB card. It also hooks up to my flat screens at the office.

I gave my Toshiba Thrive tablet to my mom, but I don't think she really uses it. If she tried it, I think she'd find it easier than her laptop.

About a year ago, I got an Asus Transformer tablet with a keyboard dock, and love it. I got H a Kindle Fire HD for his birthday in February and he loves it, and I liked its smaller size compared to my Asus Transformer. I just got a Nexus 7, which is made by Asus, and it's awesome! The resolution on the screen is stellar and it is a 7" tablet, and I like the smaller size (still love my Asus transformer, though!).

One thing I love about Android devices (phones and tablets) is that once you buy an app or game, you can install it at no cost to all the devices you own. I find I'm using my laptops less and less infavor of the tablets.

One thing I like about H's Kindle Fire HD is that it can play Amazon Prime movies and shows, but the android tablets and phones cannot. I also like how he had access to all the audio books I've bought through Audible (350+).

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard a lot of people recommend the Galaxy Note, that and the iPad are the main ones I see people with. I have a Kindle Fire HD 8.9 and I like it but all I do with it is browse the sale boards and forum at night and then look at Pinterest and/or Facebook. My little Ava watches Prime videos on it..and I play the Flappy Pig game on it. I also use it to check screen resolution. I can't type on the darn thing, I can't type on that little stuff LOL.

I think the only thing I was ever disappointed in with my Fire is when I see all the people at the grand kids games and competitions using tablets to photograph and video.. I can't do that with the Fire.

I have a Nook HD and I love it. I can search the internet, forums. download books and magazines, facebook, Netflix etc. Not bulky, good size screen. Love it... It is very similar to the Kindle Fire HD

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

Latest posts

Back