sweetys offical foaling thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.dpi.vic.gov.au/dpi/vro/vrosite.nsf/pages/sip_tall_fescue

I hope this helps.
saludando.gif

The girls are moving along nicely.
default_yes.gif

Am keeping my fingers crossed for Sweety on Friday, but I do feel she will go a bit longer yet - sorry!

If she does wax up again, this wont happen until her udder if really full and tight, so a while to go yet. But she could foal at any time if she's not going to go the waxing route! Still I think the foal/Sweety's tummy needs to drop and 'move forwards' a little bit yet before she's ready to go?

default_saludando.gif
ive notice today that sweety does a tail swish and then kicks her belly not lots but every now and then

so foal alarm and camera are on again tonight
default_aktion033.gif

Yeah Jenny, Tell Sweety she better hurry up, Wednesday has come and gone, she is late for her appointment with the filly fairy!!!!
default_yes.gif

Yeah Jenny, Tell Sweety she better hurry up, Wednesday has come and gone, she is late for her appointment with the filly fairy!!!!
default_yes.gif

default_saludando.gif
good morning and good evening

no foals to report but its one day closer

I had a animal commucator tell me sweety was having a filly so we will see
default_new_shocked.gif

default_saludando.gif
good morning and good evening

no foals to report but its one day closer

I had a animal commucator tell me sweety was having a filly so we will see
default_new_shocked.gif
HAHA really?!! LOL thats a little strange we will see if they are correct in a few days time!!

anymore progress?! can we get some pics please???
default_biggrin.png

default_saludando.gif
off course you can have some more pictures LOL

but not much change from yesterday
default_no.gif

was just watching her belly and theres heaps of kicking in the top part of her

off side flank anyone no way its kicking there...big kicks to

Normal Foaling

Eutocia (normal birth)

normpres.jpg

img50.jpg

img51.jpg

ONE MONTH

Foal’s major systems and organs are all in place though they must still undergo a great deal of maturation. The skeletal system hardens and thickens while motion patterns, such as standing and walking are practiced. Foal is draped in the amniotic sac and connected to the placenta by the umbilical cord.

ONE WEEK

Foal has grown considerably and has less room to move around. He lies more parallel within the mare’s belly, making it appear increasingly pendulous. Towards the end of the week the foal works to get into the birth position. His eyes open and close, but he has nothing to focus on, he will develop no visual acuity until after he is born.

img52.jpg
img53.jpg

ONE DAY

The foal is in the delivery position – right side up with front feet and nose in the pelvic “brim”, which helps to dilate the cervix, his hind feet are tucked underneath him. The last day in the womb is a quiet one for the foal, there is little room to move since the mare’s uterus is tightening around him, in anticipation of pushing him out.

ONE HOUR

The pressure of the foal’s feet pushing on the amniotic sac where it meets the cervix has broken the outer wall of the double-walled placenta, releasing a rush of fluid, which lubricates the passageway. The forceful abdominal pressure, combined with the “guiding” contractions of the uterus, pushes the foal out.

default_saludando.gif
so wich way are our babys laying

try this web

www.crayonboxminiatures.com/foalingsigns.html

hope it worked

Ok so you said Friday is good for you..is the sun shining??..all sytems go then
default_aktion033.gif
..can you tell Sweety that plz
default_yes.gif

default_saludando.gif
well iam back i had to get out of the house it was driving me

nuts 2 weeks home with phenmonia and not working ........

sweetys belly is really starting to get the V shape now has change even from this morning

dont think it will be long now

oh i felt her nipples and thay felt a little wet and she really doesnt wont me touching her anymore

but she still is the sweeties little horse
default_wub.png

hopefully it means that the foal is in position!!! I'll try find the link for a website I found that shows the position really well...

YAY for foal movement!!

this is a good site to see some pics of a mare ready to foal, she foaled the next morning!!
default_aktion033.gif

http://www.iamranch....urbobirth08.htm

I read a lot of their stuff when I was waitng on Derby. Great help!

I dropped then an email with a pic of him to thank them for all their helpful articles
default_biggrin.png

what a great idea Bree!!!
default_biggrin.png
love it! there must be so many people that take the info for granted... mite have to steal that idea off you! when Suzie's baby finally comes LOL

YAy for improvement Jenny, (I'm not going to beg for photos cos I am terrible at supplying my own...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back