Sweats

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmhstacy

Reaction score
I think this topic has been brought up before but I can not get the search to work. (have been trying for the last few days)

I am going to try using a sweat for the first time.

What do I need to do - what is the best ones to use

& is there a brand that works best?

Thanks in advance

stacy

I dont know if you have suppliers down there but make sure you get one that is lined. I really like the polar fleece ones as they wash so well.

If you are just maintaining a neck you can get the shorter sweats that are just fleece attached to the back side of the neoprene. These are easy to put on and you can leave them on pretty much all the time. I do take them off when they go out for free time in pasture.

If you really need to get a good sweat on a horse that already has a thick neck you can get the wraps that have about 5-6 feet of fleece sewn to the end of the neoprene. The feece wraps around several times and wicks the moisture away from the skin. These need to be removed daily and dried out and then put back on. You can get some fungus going if you dont.

I like the ones that Triple L sells and they are reasonably priced. CLC here on the forum sells them.

You can get sweats that you use just when you work them and these are just neoprene. They cannot be left on and should only be used for a short period of time then removed. They can cause a burn if left on too long.

Hi Stacy,

I'm from South Australia, and just wondered if you've checked out Mini Horse Warehouse, as I see they have them on their website. I'm not sure what state they are in, but I do remember seeing them at the Nationals when I was there a few years ago.

You can find their link on 'The Worlds Biggest List of Mini Horse Links.

Good luck with your search.

Nicole

Latest posts

Back