sweating

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raine

Reaction score
I have a pregnant mare, first foal for her, not sure of dates ,, i know thats not good but she has been with the stallion since October last year and i thought just by watching i would catch them .... How wrong i was!!!!

She was vet checked in foal in june but the vet ( a good vet but first time with miniatures since shes met me) couldnt give me any dates, so i am going by experience lol.....of how big ect she is getting. Which is a bit difficult being its her first , so no history.

Tonight she started to feel sweaty but udders arnt big and i cant feel kicking athough she's looking very pregnant for her...

Is the sweating in pregnant mares a sign of labour or is she just hot ...i am keeping a close eye on her but am... begining to panic..

I have a pregnant mare, first foal for her, not sure of dates ,, i know thats not good but she has been with the stallion since October last year and i thought just by watching i would catch them .... How wrong i was!!!!She was vet checked in foal in june but the vet ( a good vet but first time with miniatures since shes met me) couldnt give me any dates, so i am going by experience lol.....of how big ect she is getting. Which is a bit difficult being its her first , so no history.

Tonight she started to feel sweaty but udders arnt big and i cant feel kicking athough she's looking very pregnant for her...

Is the sweating in pregnant mares a sign of labour or is she just hot ...i am keeping a close eye on her but am... begining to panic..
I'm no expert at this but keep a close eye on her. My sis nearly lost a horse to a heart attack and the only sign was she was suddenly drenched in sweat and finally collasped. It was a lot of luck and the fact that this horse's former owner was a people doctor that pulled her through.

I repeat I'm no expert and this may NOT be what's causing your mare to sweat.

Last edited by a moderator:
She seems back to normal today , no sweating. Has anybody eles had the sweating happen without it being the first signs of labour.?..she isnt ill, eating fine and everything. Do you think she might have been having practise contractions like people have?
default_unsure.png

Could she have had a belly ache/mild colic? I have had horses sweat leading up to/during a mild episode of colic.

well thats possible but she wasnt in any kind of discomfort . I have just been to check her shes eating fine although a bit slow, she feels slighty sweaty on her chest but not as much as yesterday.

I just wish i knew her dates, normally i am very good with knowing when they are due.. Oh well just have to keep checking her , i will probably be doing it until next year lol
default_laugh.png

Latest posts

Back