Suzie's foaling thread COLT! 1st August 2014 new pics added <3

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for checking in Ryan
default_smile.png
is it dry down your way?

I have a stiff neck. lol

attachicon.gif
suzie behind.jpg
attachicon.gif
suzie hooha.jpg
attachicon.gif
suzie udder.jpg

Hi Diane, did you get my email?

Looks like Suzie is ready to drive us nuts again this year. lol Her hooha looks good but udder needs some shopping and belly is still wide.
you had to go and say that Suzies needed to do some shopping didn't you Renee, it seems she listens to you not me :(can you tell her to not to do anymore shopping till then end of July beginning of August please?! lol
udder this morning was huge!

IMG_7196.JPG

IMG_7199.JPG

IMG_7200.JPG

I am really really hoping that her udder goes down this afternoon... :/

she wasn't elongated behind this morning and had some tail resistance which she hasn't had the last few days...

also her foal was super active. got a video I'll try load it up here for you...

what do you girls think? wish Anna was here! she is missing all the fun!

p.s sorry for the rug straps, it was really cold and rainy this morning so I put her rain rug on her

:ThumbUpWet- I just went and brought all the Horses floaties
default_thud.gif

The way its going ill be booking them in for swimming lessons lol

Where abouts are you cassie ? I see NSW....

Im from the Mornington Peninsula

Ebenezer about an hour and a half out of sydney
default_smile.png

hahaha I can imagine!

I will happily take ALL of your rain!

its sooooo dry up here! if you can't tell from the camera, all the grass is dying
default_sad.png
(

Last edited by a moderator:
there is no way she is making it to August... so I'm going to forget that dream.

pictures from tonight... there is no milk in her teats yet and she is still quite scrunched up behind so I think we are safe for tonight...

IMG_7202.jpg

IMG_7203.jpg

IMG_7204.jpg

IMG_7205.jpg

IMG_7206.jpg

IMG_7210.jpg

IMG_7211.jpg

IMG_7217.JPG

I'm off to indoor soccer at 8:30pm my time, we are 15 min away if you are worried about anything call my dad on his mobile 0427943849 or those international 01161427943849

mum is at home on the home number which is the second one listed on the camera linkI'll be on the fieldso won't be at my phone all the time...

I think you're safe for a few days. With the foal having that much activity, there still is some room in there -- so knowing Suzie, she'll hold out "until she's packed" !! Also, she's still got some elongation to do, I believe. Nipples still pointing in, and udder still has a crease in it. So, I think she's going to hold out a few more days for you.

I meant to tell you, you have a really good placement of the cam, and it's so easy to see. Good job!

Good girl, Suzie!

Last edited:
Thanks Diane the new camera is amazing I love it!! :D

ok thank you
default_smile.png
I'm meant to be going out on saturday night to the city for the bull riding but if she is looking really close to foaling I won't go. will have to forfeit the tickets or see if someone else will go but thats better then possibly missing the birth.

packed and waxed for our susie mumma... hopefully she will hold out till next week. good think we have had a fairly mild winter freezing cold nights but really warm days.
default_smile.png

Finn is in the paddock for the first time by himself so I have the camera half on him so I can make sure he isn't stressing, he seems fine so far
default_smile.png
will change them camera when I go to check on her
default_smile.png

09102011 (1).jpg

This is Suzie in 2011 so she still has some preparation Cassie. Deep breaths, perhaps a quick trip to Fiji
default_smile.png
lol

thanks Renee, was trying to put up some pics from early october last time but the boys are using up the internet, having enough trouble keeping the cameras up so I'll post them at work tomorrow.

really tired heading to bed will wake during the night to check the camera looking back at last time she has a fair bit more growth to do, but given how quick she is doing it don't know how long that will take... who knows lol I'm not as stressed now I know she won't make it to August funny lol don't know how I'll keep it a secret but I'll try lol

thanks for watching tonight lovely Aunties...

Suzie you are not allowed to foal till Anna gets back! direct orders by all aunties! aint that right girls?

She is getting closer!

Thanks for posting that photo Renee! You can clearly see she has some filling to do and she 'warns' you when she will foal well. Laney had TONS of foal movement on the final day so I don't take the 'no/less foal movement is a sign' to heart. That udder will be your sign and Suzie gave you a good one last time around for sure!

Hi Megan, how are you? I see your little girl Cheyenne is growing up fast
default_smile.png
How are your chips?

You can have as much rain as you like, happy to post the lot up to you
default_smile.png
we have had 100s of mills here so sending the rain fairy up your way.
default_thumbup.gif

Thanks Ryan
default_smile.png

at the moment all we have is the wind lol and its very windy!

we are in for a wild night tonight, Finn is in with Penny on the other side of the house so he has shelter as he was stressing (thank you Renee for your wonderful advice) we are hoping Suzie won't stress but if you see her stressing please let me know.

her udder was massive this morning but has gone down a little tonight, got some testing strips while i wait for the foal time ones to arrive but I couldn't express any milk, she has always been an easy mare to milk so I'm guessing that means she isn't quite ready? what do you guys think?

I think her udder will be bigger again in the morning we will just have to see how big lol, my friend really wants to go to the bull riding so I really really hope Suzie will be a good girl and won't look like foaling on Saturday... :/
these are the pics from when she had Finn

the first ones are from the 6th october...

032.JPG

033.JPG

034.JPG

this from the 8th October, day before she foaled

1081011.JPG

009 (4).JPG

Her udder looks precariously close to being ready to go, but I still think she needs to elongate more -- so maybe she'll give you a few more days (hopefully a week) before she decides to go. Also, baby looks to be forward of center, but still riding a bit sideways, and not quite in position. So, since you're hoping she'll wait a little more, I hope you get your wish.

I'm thinking you are safe for a couple of days, but I'm not sure about Saturday!

Latest posts

Back