Suzie's foaling thread COLT! 1st August 2014 new pics added <3

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry about the sideways picture, was posting from my phone and forgot to rotate hehe

yeah I know, any other time and I would be very excited lol... at the moment I'm just worrying,
she was first bred on the 16th september and last bred on the 22nd september, so if she took on her first mating she would be 294 days and on the last she would be 287... I had a look back at when she had Finn and from the looks of it, she is looking to have another two weeks, given her udder size... really hope she will make it to 3 or 4
Is it too early given when she was bred to have such a big udder? should I give them vets a call?

this will be Suzie's 5th foal she had. had three already when I bought her.
Thanks Diane :D It makes me happy that you think so
default_smile.png
love my precious girl, she is every bit as snuggly and itchy as last foaling haha as soon as I'm in the paddock she comes waddling up nickering to me then stands there for scratches, if I sit down and don't scratch she tries to stand on top of me for scratches lol Mares!

update on cameras got the cords needed this morning YAY! have purchased the marestare streaming hoping to set cameras up tonight and get her up in the next day or two.
we are going to see Lion King on Thursday night woohoo! would love to be able to have the aunties watching Suzie while we are there...
default_smile.png

Suzie's udder is going up and down quite nicely now
default_smile.png
though its always up at night and down in the morning... lol silly girl!

here are some recent pics for you...

so glad her udder has gone down, hoping she will keep holding out till August... keep your fingers and toes crossed ladies hehe

3-100714.JPG4-100714.JPG

2-100714.JPG

1-100714.JPG

baby is still moving around nicely, top pic was her the other day bottom pic today,

was worried the other day with that V tummy and big udder but thankfully she has been a good girl and settled back down
default_smile.png

5-100714.JPG

Extra stress to mummy Cassie lol

cameras should be online this afternoon, will post the link when I have them working YAY!

Finnely loves to photo bomb hehe, he will stay in the paddock with Suz until she gets closer
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see why you were a bit worried. But baby is riding nicely sideways, but if you didn't say August, I'd say a bit earlier with that udder. Maybe EARLY August.

Thanks Diane, I was quite stressed lol Bree may have got a message or 10,000 from me hehe but she has really settled into a nice pattern now.
I'm just really hoping she makes it to the first of August, as long as she gets to that day I'll be stoked!

Hopefully Aunty Dianes advice of an early august baby will take into effect and Suzie won't foal before August...

in other news, Suzie is now on marestare!! woohoo! got the camera link yesterday so for your viewing pleasure (and my sanity) here are the links to Suzie's foaling camera
default_smile.png

http://www.marestare.com/fcam.php?alias=classick

for iphone/ipad[SIZE=10pt]http://173.192.34.75:1935/classick/cam1/playlist.m3u8[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]

Finn is still in with Suzie, he is the one in the rug little shorty hehe.
They can go off camera in this big paddock. don't stress if you can't find them funny little munchkins like to hide hehe.

Diane I need her to wait 21 days till the first of August, do you honestly think she will make it? or do you think she is going to foal in July?

even if its 1am on the 1st august I will be through the moon!! lol
If I had known she would be looking like foaling early I would have tried to put the foaling time back...
default_pray.gif
:pray praying she holds off for us.

Thanks Ryan
default_smile.png
oh and my naughty ponies have been off camera the whole time today lol I'll move it when I get home to lunch :D

What a pleasure to see your place again! It feels like "old home week" on the cam.

We'll just cross our fingers for August 1st --she SHOULD make it -- but you just never know. We'll have to watch her udder development and elongation very closely, as she was a bit of a "typical mare" with Finn. They always have their own schedules!

Thanks Diane, its a bit dry at the moment, we need rain desperatley I'll have to find the little munchkins when I get home and put the camera to where they're hiding so you can see them.

New cameras this time so our trees don't look purple haha!

And Suzie shouldn't be able to hide when she is in the stable anymore YAY!

ok thanks,
default_cheekkiss.gif
you guys are amazing!

Glad her udder is being a bit nicer to you now!

And I don't care if I get 10,000 MORE msgs by the time the foal arrives you know I love to help
default_thumbup.gif

Glad her udder is being a bit nicer to you now!

And I don't care if I get 10,000 MORE msgs by the time the foal arrives you know I love to help
default_thumbup.gif
Thanks Bree!
default_cheekkiss.gif
I really think its because of that rich green grass and clover I had her on last week... what a way to freak myself out! lol note to self don't let her onto green grass till I WANT her to have milk
default_closedeyes.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

Yes, the lack of purple trees was one of the first things I noticed!

Just seems so nice to see your place again, and watch for our upcoming special little one!

hehehe yeah had to stop the assumption that us Aussies have purple trees didn't I Bree haha.
Camera off today, hoping to get Suzie in the stable tomorrow night... will let you all know
default_smile.png

she is going really steady which I'm so happy about!

Yeah way to ruin it Cassie! But hopefully you don't get visited by a drop bear and scare them all off
default_thumbdown.gif

lol you're funny!
Camera is on today, If she goes in the stable tonight I'll leave it on tonight as well, no point leaving it on when they're in the paddock at night, can't see as much through the infrared.

Hey guys suzie and Finn are in the stable tonight, due to my brother having a party and bonfire.

They are a bit stressed so extra eyes would be much appreciated

Suzies udder has gone up again today which has me worried so eyes and advice would be appreciated thanks ?

image.jpgimage.jpg

Sorry it's lopsided

Ponies are settled in nicely
default_smile.png
Finn has always loved "his" stable, what a rude shock he will get when he can't go in tomorrow night haha

image.jpg

Finn all snuggled down having a nap. Really happy with the new camera this is in pitch black!

image.jpg

She's definitely filling, but there still looks to be some edema in front of the udder -- so that can take some time to shift. She may not go INTO August, but she should give you some time yet!

She's looking good -- and so cute about Finn!

Thanks Diane,

if she doesn't make it to August I have to "lie" on her registration papers as the foal will be classed as a yearling if I put it down as being born before August... which is the reason why I really want her to wait till august.

She is 295 days in foal to her last breeding date today...

they have some friends with them this morning, 5 of our weanling calves decided to get out and go for an adventure last night... so they are locked in here till we figure out how they got out... Smartie has to stay in the small paddock till we can figure out whats happened also so he isn't happy poor big man.

Suzie's udder this morning is much the same as last night...

hoping she will either go back down or stay this way for a couple of weeks for me....
default_ohnoes.jpg

NEVER foaling down this early again, much too cold and stressful!

ok I've had a look back at Suzie's old thread, remember girls when we got moved to the back porch while I was away in Fiji? (really want to go back to Fiji lol) and I realised something, Suzie had me stressing back then and she has me stressing now, she just likes to make me stress naughty girl! lol

ok so I have managed to find pics so we can compare
default_smile.png

so on the 18th September Suzie went from not having much udder to this...

02180911.jpg 01180911.jpg

then on the 19th September (next day) she went to this...

01190911.jpg 02190911.jpg 03190911.jpg 04190911.jpg

then on the 23rd September she looked like this...

230911.jpg 1230911.jpg 2230911.jpg

Latest posts

Back