Suzie's foaling thread COLT! 1st August 2014 new pics added <3

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree Diane, with any other mare I would say foaling is imminent but as it is Suzie I think she still has about a week to go. Last time her udder was big enough to feed the whole family lol
default_smile.png
Saying that we all know how these minis love to confuse us so I would be on full alert from now on Cassie. I will watch her as much as I can.

p.s May I add that it isn't only the mares that stress out these old Aunties, you owners do a pretty good job too. ROFL Cassie stop it with your busy social life and threatening us to flit off every minute, if it isn't holidays i the sun it is football or Rodeo. Now Aunty Renee will fly over and spank your booty if you don't behave!

default_1857272.gif
jumpy down and running for cover
default_xreiter.gif
default_xreiter.gif

Hahaha sorry Renee, lol youth group tomorrow night ? 7- 10.... But only 5 min away so I can quickly dash home if needed...

Just checked on her then and her udder is big again ?and I got milk... At least is say it's between 7.6 and 7.8 but with how quickly she is progressing I don't like my chances...

Still not elongated behind but she was never a mare who looked like her foal was going to fall out her backside lol

Ok picsimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sorry I keep forgetting I need to rotate haha

Actually, she's more elongated that the picture I commented on this morning. Depending on how tomorrow evening looks, you may have to re-think Saturday. LOL

Last edited:
haha yes I have already said to my friend that I don't know if I will be able to go, she will be really upset if I can't go, but will hopefully understand...will milk test her tonight and will have more of an idea from there... only God knows when Suzie is going to foal so I'm trying to not stress knowing God has it all under control, Of course I'm asking for Him to not let her foal on Saturday night, or if she is to foal sat night that I know...
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

pictures from this morning,

IMG_7266.JPG (love the look on her face in this pic haha)

IMG_7267.jpg

IMG_7268.jpg

IMG_7269.jpg

IMG_7270.jpg

IMG_7272.jpg

IMG_7274.jpg

IMG_7275.jpg

I'm still clinging to the fact that she has a bit to do before she's 100% ready.... and we know how Suzie feels about being 100% ready! SO hopefully she drags it all out like last time
default_wink.png

I'm still clinging to the fact that she has a bit to do before she's 100% ready.... and we know how Suzie feels about being 100% ready! SO hopefully she drags it all out like last time
default_wink.png
Thanks Bree, either way she could go anytime now depending what she feels like haha she was down sternal twice last night that I saw which is good, pretty sure she didn't lie down at all the night before she had Finn, but I'll have to look back to check that lol.

I wish that dirt pile would go away in the middle of that paddock grrr they always hide behind it and my camera won't reach that far haha

Hoping you get your wish Cassie and she holds out for you. From everyone's comments on here , Sounds like young Suzie will be dictating those terms as she has done in previous years.
default_pray.gif

Ive sent rain, but by the sun on cam (which I am very jealous about) obviously hasn't arrived yet. lol
default_yes.gif

Hoping you get your wish Cassie and she holds out for you. From everyone's comments on here , Sounds like young Suzie will be dictating those terms as she has done in previous years.
default_pray.gif

Ive sent rain, but by the sun on cam (which I am very jealous about) obviously hasn't arrived yet. lol
default_yes.gif
thanks Ryan,

Yeah your rain must be really slow LOL

Just got off the phone to a horrible customer, and with everything going on I got pretty upset haha never been very good at controlling my emotions. lol so as therapy I went back and had a look at Suzie's old thread...

with milk testing I first milk tested on the 6th october 3 days before she foaled, she was sitting on 6.8

then tested on the 8th October she tested 6.4 and on the 9th October day she had Finn at 5:32pm she tested 6.0 she had him at 7pm
default_smile.png
)

will see what her milk tests tonight and let you all know.

Going to the osteopath now, more therapy which will be good hehe its 15 min away and I'll be gone an hour will put some feed in the front of the camera so we can hopefully see them better.

default_smile.png

I hate horrible customers, no need for it. I just say to myself "they have left there manners at home " and try not to take it to personally
default_yes.gif

I hate horrible customers, no need for it. I just say to myself "they have left there manners at home " and try not to take it to personally
default_yes.gif
I try really really hard to do that... it's harder when its a family business though
default_no.gif
and when you're an emotional mess thanks to a certain Suzie mum lol
default_ohnoes.jpg

really windy again this afternoon thinking it will be cold again tonight brrr

Hi Cassie,

I forgot my phone at home so if you need me send me an email. I will be home in 5 hrs
default_smile.png

Hi Cassie,

I forgot my phone at home so if you need me send me an email. I will be home in 5 hrs
default_smile.png
Eeeek Renee that is not allowed LOL I have brought Suzie in early as Kingston got out and decided to come for a visit, he is too old to be visiting so I took him back home and fed the ponies, Suzie is acting a bit funny... her udder doesn't seem to be ready and she is really tight behind but she doesn't seem happy either... she has eaten all her dinner though and is munching on her hay so I think she is ok, I'll test her milk when I get back home to see what thats like, foal might just be making her uncomfortable...

I'll email you if I need to
default_smile.png

udder tonight... she seems to have settled down now...udder is much the same, not much change from last night...

I milked a little tonight then realised that i did it wrong haha and put it on my finger first, went to get some more milk and there was none there so thinking she isn't ready. will check again at 10pm when I come back from youth group. I'm only 5 minutes away and I will have my phone on me so if you're worried at all please let me know.
IMG_7279.jpg IMG_7280.jpg IMG_7281.jpg

IMG_7282.jpg IMG_7284.jpg IMG_7285.JPG

IMG_7289.jpg

I am thinking that she has a while to go yet (Tuesday is my bet) but we better keep a close eye on her just in case.

This last "udder madness" picture looks like it's changed again. Hoping she'll hold out, and do some more elongating for you. As long as someone it with her all the time, you should be okay to go, unless the pH is dropping and she's rolling to get that baby lined up.

Last edited:
Thanks Diane, my dad will be home all night and I will be back around 11/12... This all depends who she looks tomorrow afternoon before I leave

Testing a definite 7.6 tonight udder a little bigger again which seems to be her norm at the moment

Poos a little mushy but I have her a warm mash tonight and extra feed so could be part of that?

Lol tummy siting forward but just a tiny but lopsided again.... Big v actually looking at the pic again she never got that bigger v with Finn haha

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Taking each morning and night at a time ? thank you everyone for your input!!

??

hahah I saw her lying like that early this morning looked mega uncomfy hehe silly suzie

Udder is up again this morning one teat is looking ready but the other isn't quite there haha. I still haven't decided whether I will or won't go yet tonight, will test her at 4pm when I bring her in and will decide from there... if she goes like she did with Finn she isn't at her foaling udder yet, will also have a look and see whether her udder has gone down by this afternoon or not... mum and Dad will be at soccer with Jonathan till about 5:30pm my time my brothers Andrew and Russell will be home in case there is an emergency. call the home no. 2nd listed on the camera 02 45799387 Dad's mobile is 0427943849 Mum's is 0429915550

but if I am worried I won't be going.

IMG_7342.jpg

IMG_7345.jpg

IMG_7348.jpg

IMG_7349.JPG

IMG_7350.jpg

Latest posts

Back