Super G Futurity Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horsefeather

Reaction score
Could someone please explain each step in keeping (or putting) a horse in the Super G Futurity? From beginning to end, please.

Thanks,

Pam

I had a Super G gelding in 2005.

Your gelding MUST be nominated and sustained from birth to three years at the same time.

You pay the fees each year, on top of the regular futurity fees.

You can "buy in" later... unlike the regular futurity... but it is TWICE the fees. I highly recommend AGAINST doing this, I don't know why they do it. You barely barely make your money back doing it the regular way.

You can ONLY show your gelding as a three year old.

I don't think the program is great, but at least it's something. I wish they would think about modifying it. It's WAY more expensive than the regular futurity. It doesn't have a lot of entries. Therefore, it doesn't promote gelding like it should.

Andrea

Does anyone know what the usual payback is? Is it based on the number of entries?

There is no basic payback. Each year will be different because there will be a different amount qualified and different # entries. I do know that there are only 4 classes at the National show. A halter and a driving class in each division (over and under) A gelding is only allowed to enter one class. That makes the divisions a little better as one horse cannot win both classes in his division. The money stays with the class that the geldings are entered in. I don't know if there are outside moneys added or not. So,if others do as I do, it could go something like this.

I had six boys in 2004 and put them all in the super G in march, 2005 $150

I kept 2 of these boys in the Super G in march, 2006 $200

This year, I will probably keep both in and show one driving and one halter $200

Total spent on these two chances to win $550

I have to do really well to get that out of those two classes, but you never know
default_yes.gif
:

Forgot to add that I have had three placings in Super G in the past. 1st in the halter under class, 2nd in the over driving and 4th in the halter under. Problem is, I cannot remember what we won because it was back near the beginning of the program.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back