Sunny's Pregnancy and Foaling Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any Updates On Sunny?
default_smile.png

Definite progress and I think she might have at least another 2 wks but definitely getting very close

Sunny is doing well, still pregnant, baby is doing well also, active little one. No changes since my last update as far as her bag or anything else. But they both seem to be doing well so i'm happy.

I am glad all is well, I was waiting for your weekly update
default_smile.png
How is the new home going, are you all settled in yet?

Some new pics would be nice
default_wink.png

Well we have some progress finally, not much but it's something, her bag is a bit fuller today. She was acting "off" this morning, she didn't finish her grain, she ate about a quarter of it (which she ALWAYS eats it all and right away) than she wandered into her stall and pulled out a bit of hay than went outside, peed, and than went back inside and pooped. Than grabbed a little more hay and went back outside. It's really weird for her, her normal everyday routine is she eats all her grain outside while I clean her stall out than she'll go inside and start eating her hay and usually eats most of it before she quits eating and takes a nap. So not sure what her deal is today.....I'll be keeping an eye on her.

Here's some pics. from today:

IMG_9796.jpg

IMG_9805.jpg

IMG_9807.jpg

IMG_9808.jpg

IMG_9812.jpg

IMG_9831.jpg

Sunny's made some more progress in the milk department! Finally! So usually she'll have a small bag in the morning and than I'll turn her out and by noon or so it'll be gone, well here's how she's looking this afternoon:

IMG_9856.jpg

IMG_9857.jpg

IMG_9858.jpg

IMG_9865.jpg

Her hind end is starting to relax as well and loosen up. Her bag is filling and not going down so I think we're on the right track! This is the fulllest her bag has been and she seems to be keeping it this time.

Well Sunny is making more and more progress. Today I am able to express a clear fluid with very small "chunks" of yellow. I tested it and it tested at 7.6. When I lift her tail there is very little resistance, usually it's a bit of a fight for me to lift it up. Her hooha is longer and is loose, it's more open. Makin' progress......

n.jpg

o.jpg

m2-1.jpg

p.jpg

q.jpg

Back