Sugar lost her baby...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for your loss
default_no.gif

I'm so sorry for your loss! I had a mare that lost one at 3 months and the next one at 4 months. I found them both and buried them each time. It was amazing to see the development and perfect form on such a teeny, tiny little thing. She finally carried one full term and had a beautiful little filly 2 weeks ago. I don't know what caused this one to carry full term and for her to lose the other ones, only God knows. So have faith, it will eventually happen. I told myself that if she lost another one, I would put her on Regumate for her next pregnancy.

I am told that there are two difficult phases of pragnancy in hores are the first 42 days and then again between day 90 to 120 because the source of the hormones providing pregnancy changes its origin. I am sorry that I cant explain it better in english.

I am so sorry for your loss and I hope for a nice filly if you rebreed her next year.

Perhaps you should discuss using Regumate or something similar with your vet for the next pregnancy of this mare.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so very sorry for your loss. So glad your mare seems well. Unfortunately you will likely never know why this happened. I will be curious to see what the responses are as I don't recognize anything unusual, but others with more experience might.

Thank you for posting the pictures. How sure are you on the gestation? And how long would you say the fetus was?

Thanks for sharing your loss with the rest of us so we can all learn.
I saw her get bred, wrote down the date. Cherokee left a few days later. (I don't own him)So there was no chance she was bred any other time.

Thanks everyone.

So so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing the pictures, it's amazing to see how far they develop in such little time. It's good to hear that your mare is doing well x

Latest posts

Back