Suffix Petition News

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wee Horse Farm

Reaction score
So..........The grand total of petition signatures I received was -- are you ready? -- 34. That's THIRTY FOUR!!

Therefore, Little Wee Piece of Brocolli and Little Wee Spare Tire will be ready to hear their registered names called at show rings in about 2008. By then, there won't be many other names left that are free to choose from. I got the impression that many more of you felt we had to stop the accepted reservation by AMHR of common words as suffixes, but I guess not.

Now I don't know if our petition would have done any good, but I felt it was worth a try & apparently only 34 of you did too........it's a big loss, in my opinion, of a chance to do something about something that is wrong and is being abused by not being used in the spirit of the original intention of reserving prefixes, but...........

:deadhorse2:

I truly thank those of you who did respond... We tried....it just didn't work. Someone had told me in the beginning of this that at least 100 signatures were needed to make an impression at AMHR. But.....we fell far short of that. It was at least worth a try. And now, I won't harp on this subject anymore, but don't expect sympathy when a name you've chosen gets rejected........I sound bitter, but I'm not. I'm more disappointed than anything. I didn't expect any BIG BIG response. I just kept telling myself when I went to the mailbox & only found one envelope that bunches would come the next day --- NOT...........Oh well, thanks any way & happy future naming...........karen

karen

pls get with belinda bagby as she was talking to the other directors etc about this

kay

I am still hoping something will work out. When this topic first came up, I sent in to reserve SR as a suffix. Take your pick whether it means Songcatcher Ranch or Suffix Reserved. On future applications, I will put my first choice of names and for the second choice, I will put the same name with the SR suffix. If it is necessary to use it, it will shorten my available letters and spaces by three.

Aw that is too bad.
default_sad.png

Well, I guess if a word is important to you, better cough up the $$ to have it ALL TO YOURSELF.

I hope you got my signed petition. If not, it should be there any day.

Liz

Karen, I'm so sorry I didn't get this to you yet. I was meeting with a couple of friends and wanted to get them to sign as well.

Do you still want it? It's in an envelope and addressed already.

Sorry to hear that you did not get more signatures for your petition.

I was wondering ... do you think AMHR would accept an online petition? I mean, there are quite a few overseas AMHR members that probably would love to get involved, but never even got close to a petition sheet.

Here's link to where you can create an online petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/

Just a thought.

brick%20wall.gif

Okay, so maybe I will persue my plan B and spend some $$$ to purchase some "big" names as suffixes and let some of the big dogs get P.O.'ed. Maybe if the hot shots get upset, something will change.

This is very disappointing on a couple of levels
default_sad.png

Yes, I will still accept petitions, of course, but I'm not getting on the soap box for them anymore. I feel I've tapped this forum as much as is acceptable for this issue. Please send any you want to. Maybe we'll get enough in a year!

I was hoping to at least bring it to BOD attention, although I know it can't get on the agenda for the annual meeting because I know it's too late for that. But this is something, I feel, that shouldn't wait more than a year for attention. I think, by then, the damage will be done & might possibly be irreversible. My stance was & is that it SHOULD be looked at by those in power, even if not at a convention.

I don't know about an online petition....I'll explore that & let y'all know. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks for trying, those that did............. :saludando:

Back