Star Ridge Acres Introduces Our Newest Sr Stallion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations! I can't wait to see what he does for you!
default_smile.png

So you are the lucky person that was able to talk Joy from Red Stone Farm out of him?

When she bought him from Ann, I didn’t think she’d ever let him go.

Joy has good taste, and a good eye. I think you will love him.

I also bought a stallion from Joy, mine is a son of Sierra Dawn Unos Pharaoh.

Congratulations, on your new boy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow, such a handsome boy!
default_yes.gif
SUPER CONGRATS!
default_aktion033.gif
HUBBA-HUBBA!
default_wub.png

You bought him!?!

WOO CONGRATS!!!!!!

He produces so amazingly think Ill be knocking on your door one day
default_wink.png

Congratulations! I can't wait to see what he does for you!
default_smile.png
YOU can't wait?! I'm going out of my mind waiting!!! But I think he's going to be worth it!
default_wink.png
default_wub.png
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_488.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_drool5.gif
(my split personalities!)

Seriously though, I really appreciate everyone being excited for me. I'm going to print this thread off to put in his book! Thanks Everybody!

[SIZE=24pt]WOOHOO[/SIZE]

Congrats!!!! I couldnt believe Joy sold him either!!! Good luck and best wishes!

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldnt believe Joy sold him either!!! Good luck and best wishes!
Since a couple of people have said this I guess I will try and explain some of what transpired. It's a REALLY, REALLY long story but I'll try to summarize.
default_biggrin.png

I have loved this stallion for years. Seriously, many years. I even tried to send a mare or two to visit him but Ann Simmons (Seahorse Farm - who owned him until recently) wasn't in a position to do that for me. Totally understandable. So then I tried to get "my own" Spirit by sending one of my mares to Spirit's sire, Ten Ls Echos Captive Spirit, to be bred. Sadly, she never took (and hasn't since so her breeding days may just be over
default_no.gif
).

Then a few months ago I learned Ann was going to disperse her herd. I was in shock!
default_new_shocked.gif
So I kept watching her site to see when the announcement was made. The VERY FIRST DAY a for sale sign went up on Spirit I emailed to Monette Freeman (the person managing Ann's dispersal) and made an offer. The details between that email and when he was sold to someone else aren't important now and are nobody's fault, just a learning lesson for me. The lesson is if it's really important to you, follow up the email with a phone call!! Sometimes emails are lost folks.
default_no.gif
About 26 hours after my first email I emailed again and was informed he'd been sold.
default_crybaby.gif

That's when the email snafu was discovered. So, I'd missed out. I couldn't believe it.

So, a few weeks pass and I get an email from a Joy Young (didn't know she was the one who'd bought Spirit) and she says some things have changed for them and she may actually be reselling Spirit in a few months. She'll let me know. Well, I was afraid to even hope. My heart had been broken already.

Well, sure enough she contacts me again and says yes, she's going to offer him for sale. If I want him I can have first chance since Monette had told her I'd really wanted him. I can't believe it!
default_new_shocked.gif
Joy was very up front about wanting to breed some mares to him first and then he can come to me. So I very quickly mail off a deposit to Joy so she knows I'm serious.

Well, here's where the wheels came off - or at least I thought so. A few days later I get a letter from Joy that includes my deposit check! She's returning my check! Well, I'm so crushed at this point that I don't even read what her letter says I just go into this depression because I've lost him again.
default_crybaby.gif
default_gaah.gif

THEN, (whew, I told you it was long!) I get an email from Joy asking when would be a good time for us to meet so we can pick up Spirit! What??? I'm SO confused!
default_frusty.gif
So, I finally read her letter and it says she's not comfortable tying up my money until she knows for sure when she's going to be ready to send him to me! It didn't say she wasn't selling him to me! I was SO upset that I didn't even take the time to read what she was saying.

After all of this I finally explain to Joy what I've been through trying to get this stallion and how many times my heart has been broken. And you know what? She says "I didn't know you'd been through all of that. You can have him now." It was the nicest thing she could have done! What an angel!
default_wub.png
And sure enough, a couple of weeks later he's in MY barn!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_488.gif

So, thank you Ann and THANK YOU Joy from Red Stone Farm!
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited:
Wow that was definitely a roller coaster ride.. I am glad that it all worked out for you. Sometimes things are just meant to be... Congratulations on such a pretty boy...

Woooo Hoooooo...........
default_aktion033.gif
what a pretty boy. he will be a great addition to the family. I wish you many happy unforgetable years with him....

Angela- Minis Out West

Latest posts

Back