special brush?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thepatches

Reaction score
Is there a certain kind of brush that I could use while my minis are shedding?

Hi, I use a "Slick n Easy" shedding block. They are made by Farnam. They wear down as they are used, so I keep an extra one on hand. Usually one block will last the springtime per mini.
I also like rubber mitts with the raised nubs on them. My sensitive mini appoves of those as they are soft.
My extra furry mini I body clip. Its just easier :)

I will probably go to the store on Saturday and get something. Thanks

The groom ninja works pretty well. My sister picked up a brush for me at Tractor Supply; it is plastic with plastic teeth. Also use the dog grooming deshedder. We'll try anything!

My absolute favorite that I have utilized for many years is the undercoat rake for dogs, it works sooo well! I mean the $3/$4 ones with metal teeth, not the fancy expensive ones. I end up with large piles of raked out hair, and begin using a brush when most of the winter hair is lost. Some of my horses begin shedding earlier than the others and quicker, and those ones always have super shiny natural coats and are closely related, maybe inherited very oily skin, who knows.

Marsha, I'll probably go to TSC to pick up some stuff for my dog and I'll look around there thanks for the suggestion

I had some like the slick n easy for my afghans when I raced and showed them years ago, they also had a product like the spray for the mane with I think silicone in to keep hairs separated, but my best tool is the shedding blade and a stone grill cleaner it's just like the slick n easy but much cheaper, good luck I only have 3 to do this year.

The groom ninja uses a hacksaw blade. Just has an ergonomic handle to hold the blade. Now that mine are clipped, I really like the little plastic groom brush from Tractor Supply. It get the dirt off nicely and they seem to like it better than a bristle brush.

I use a shed blade for a dog. Basically just like a hacksaw blade and a curry brush had a baby. Only one loop of metal instead of 3-4 so the hair doesn't get trapped. Plus they are like $5. My dad had been using curry for 20 years and cursed trying to knock the hair out. I showed him shed blade. His words "life changing!".

Latest posts

Back