Something to be thankful for

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBennettp

Reaction score
Some of you may remember that my nephew was badly injured in June when a dozer blade was dropped on him breaking his back and 9 ribs.

The doctors told him that he would probably never walk again. He told them that was not an option.

He is walking!!!! He is still using the wheelchair most of the time but can walk short distances with a walker and if it is level he can walk with crutches for a short time. The doctors are astonished. He works hard every day at gaining strength and he has already said that he will be walking without crutches by next June.

He is back to teaching Sunday school and is helping take care of their 3 boys and their new baby girl.

I am so proud of him, he has had a wonderful attitude through everything and is very determined to beat this too. He may have to wear braces the rest of his life but he is alive and doing well!

Just wanted to share one thing that our family is extremely thankful for this Thanksgiving.

Mary

Mary, that is wonderful news. I know you are thrilled. This will be a good Thanksgiving for your family.

That is an amazing story and certainly something to be thankful for. Thanks for posting; it certainly brought a smile to my face. I hope for continued improvement for him!
default_yes.gif

What an uplifting story, just shows that miracles do happen - with a little help and determination from the person concerned and lots of prayers from everyone.

Sending good wishes for the future and hopes for a full recovery. What an inspirational young man.
default_yes.gif

What an amazing story! I am sending more prayers that he continues on his miraculous recovery!

Wonderful news! Definitely something to be thankful for. He sounds like he is full of determination and courage.

I knew he was doing better than the Drs said, but WOW! He must have as much spirit as his Aunt Mary! I'm SO happy to hear how well he's doing & how far he's come. But I'm not surprised! He's a TIGER!

Hugs & prayers to him and everyone!

Love you Mary!
default_wub.png

OMG! That is AWESOME!! That is definitely something to be VERY thankful for. He must be made of sheer determination! Good for him! May he continue to improve as time goes on. HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all our US friends!
default_smile.png

Great news! I hope that he continues to improve and I am sure he will be walking without those crutches by June like he said!

Latest posts

Back