Someone in Heaven must like us -

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sending up a prayer of thanks that all is well!
default_wub.png

We use the same heater in our 50 gallon Rubbermaid tank, but we have a cage and the tank is outside, 30 feet from the barn. I think we'll keep it there.
default_new_shocked.gif

Dana, so happy all is ok. I have one tank heater in a tank outside of the barn. I still unplug at night. I hate iced up buckets but am so afraid of fire that we don't leave anything plugged in overnight. We go out in the summer late at night and unplug fans too. Winter stinks and I'm ready for some warmer weather. Wading through the snow is kicking my behind. Thank God that all is well at your place!!

Oh, thank goodness for small miracles!! I'm so glad everything turned out the way it did.
default_yes.gif

Dana, the angels were watching over you and your horses, so glad everythings alright. That really makes us all think about what could happen to any of us. I know we are all afraid of fire anywhere near the barns and horses. Im so glad everyone is alright though, thats the main thing. Gosh, maybe well get some smoke alarms in our barn too, as some of the others have stated, it would be a good idea. Laura

Wow, how terrifying! You are indeed very lucky. Good we live in a warm climate, barn fires are my worst fear and I won't put a heater in the barn. I know you all don't have a choice in cold climates - thank goodness it was minor (except for the heart attack I'm sure you felt).

Jan

WOW Dana that is really scarry! I'm glad everything turned out ok. When we use that kind of heater always have a cage on it. LOVE the automatic waters we put in last year.

Thank God He was wathing out for you! Wow. I have chills reading this. Wow. You guy's have been blessed.....that could have been so bad. I have a friend with lg horses, who lost her house, barn and 2 out of 4 horses this way. Thanks God you spilled the water. Whew!

edited to add, after my frined fire, I took out all my bucket heaters and now only the stock tanks outside are heated. Well away from buildings.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back