Some questions on my mini...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deaming of Minis

Reaction score
I just took some pictures of our mini, Muffin. My mother and I shaved his bridle path on Sunday (his first clip in his entire life) I think he did quite well and we are going to do his fetlocks and his muzzle too. Do you think I should thin his mane or anything like that?? I don't know how I should do it.

Also I was wondering, what color is he (If you look at the pictures he has a line down his back, now does that mean he is a Dun or is he a different color) and what is his pattern (Tobiano or Overo, I think it is Tob. but I could be wrong?) Well I guess you will have look at the pictures and see.

100_07999.jpg

Face

100_0779.jpg

Butt

100_0792.jpg

Backside

100_0801.jpg

Leftside

100_0807.jpg

Rightside

Also do you think the shirt and pants I am wearing below would work for Muffin in showmanship and halter?

100_0127.jpg

Front

100_0263.jpg

Back

Thanks everyone for looking
default_yes.gif
:

Stephanie

Stephanie,

He is adorable! I would start by lengthening his bridle path another inch and then narrow his forelock from the sides, just a LITTLE bit. Make sure his tail isn't dragging the ground. There is also a method for clipping and shaping the top of the tail-head into an upside down "V", but I recommend that you see that in person at a show.

As you work on toning him up, you also might want to have him wear a neck sweat. I'm sure that there are other folks on here that can add more pointers on how you can put your best foot forward, so to speak. :bgrin

The best thing to do, if I were you, is to go and visit a MINI show before taking your horse. You'll learn lots!

MA

Thanks Miniv. Yeah I was going to shave his bridle path more and I am going to wash him and see how thick his mane and forelock will be, I am sure I will have to still touch up on it but nothing major.

Don't worry I always trim his little tail at the end. :bgrin I never shaved any of his body but his bridle path so I don't think it would be worth shaving his already short hair to get the V. And I just got a neck sweat that I will be using very soon.
default_yes.gif
:

Thanks

Stephanie

Bumping this up so more show-folks will see it!

Well I just got Muffin this past November. All he was used for was teasing mares. And this friend of mine gave him to me for free because she knew I would take good care of him. So here I am, I just got the clippers on him, FIRST time
default_rolleyes.gif
: , I might add. And he will be getting a bath, I think for the first time as well (sad actually he never had a bath but... :no: ) And I was invited to a fun show on the 13th by the club I am in just to test him out in some halter classes and maybe some showmanship. So driving will be a bit later on (though I was told by the lady who owned him previously that he had some driving lessons so I guess that will help!
default_yes.gif
: )

Thanks everyone!
default_yes.gif
:

Stephanie

Latest posts

Back