So who's going to the NWMHC schooling show/clinic

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbyhorse23

Reaction score
I am!
default_saludando.gif
Kody, Turbo, my parents, the dog and I will all be there trying out the new RV on Friday and Saturday. The RV will be rolling out early Sunday so Mom can go to a dog trial with our Sheltie but the boys and I will remain and do our last few classes. I'm looking forward to teaching the harness fit clinic again on Saturday, gotta remember to print off my handouts.
default_laugh.png

Who else is coming?

Leia

We will be there! Jacob will be showing at his very first show, with his very first mini. Sure looking forward to seeing all our "mini family. Sounds like Kate and Margaret have a great weekend planned for everyone. Pizza party, stall decorating contest, clinics..and fun classes.

I WILL I WILL!

I will head up Saturday between 9-10am to get there in time for the clinics. Will show, then haul home (gotta take care of everyone left behind), then haul back Sunday morning to show again.

I will be showing my yearling filly, Quinn (SMO Assured 2 B Blu) in Novice Halter Mares/Geldings, Ammmy Halter Mares (Saturday), and Open Halter Yearling Mares (Sunday).

My gelding, Chip (DF Chip Ahoy), will be shown in Ammy Halter Stallions/Geldings (by me) on Sunday, then in Open Halter Geldings 2 and Older, as well as Country Pleasure Driving (both on Sunday by my trainer, Lisa Pichler at Gallery Training).

I am very excited for this show. Tears will be shed when my boy enters the arena...I'll be a proud mamma!

As newcomers to the Mini world, my husband and I are heading down for the show. This will be his very first horse show. And honestly, I've only been to a few local shows about 20 years ago so this will be an adventure for us both. We're staying at the Best Western and won't be bringing a horse since we have zero idea what we'd be doing.

I'm REALLY excited and want to look at everyone's carts so I know what to get! I hope I'll get to meet you all. Not sure I'll know who you are though!

Editing to add: Are dogs allowed on the showgrounds or not? I assumed not but thought I'd ask. I have 4 but one of them is very well behaved and goes with us most places.

Last edited by a moderator:
Knottymare said:
I hope I'll get to meet you all. Not sure I'll know who you are though!
Editing to add: Are dogs allowed on the showgrounds or not? I assumed not but thought I'd ask. I have 4 but one of them is very well behaved and goes with us most places.
I assume they are if they're on-leash and well behaved.

As for knowing who we all are, well, I'll be the tiny energetic one who talks too much and is fussing with everyone's harness.
default_laugh.png
Be sure to introduce yourselves after the harness fit clinic and I can point out Erin (MooreAcres) and Susanne. Susie G, please say hello as well! Just about everyone knows Kody and Turbo so ask around for the demanding redhead and his sidekick or keep an eye out for the person being split in half between two wild-eyed little horses.
default_rolleyes.gif

MooreAcres said:
My gelding, Chip (DF Chip Ahoy), will be shown in Ammy Halter Stallions/Geldings (by me) on Sunday, then in Open Halter Geldings 2 and Older, as well as Country Pleasure Driving
Gelding competition will be fierce at this show with Chip, Turbo, Mingus, and presumably many other quality horses. Bring it on!!
default_thumbup.gif

I know Chip is already body clipped but how are you grooming your filly? There's no way I'm body-clipping for this but I'm unsure if beard and bridle path are enough or if I need to head and neck or even trace clip.
default_unsure.png
I've never been to the schooling show.

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, cool! I'm really excited. I'm surprised that hubby is coming. What a sport. I'm hoping he'll get excited but if not, he'll be fine. The harness clinic sounds really cool...

OK. So, are there costs for the clinics? We are planning on being there at or before 9. I think it's almost 3 hours down so we'll be on the road early. Also, can I join the club while I'm there?

Can hardly wait!

Sure wish I could make it, but it just isn't going to work out. Have fun all and drive safe! I expect lots of pictures and a full report when all is said and done. Oh, and Mom, don't forget to pick up my clippers!!!

Knottymare said:
OK. So, are there costs for the clinics? We are planning on being there at or before 9. I think it's almost 3 hours down so we'll be on the road early. Also, can I join the club while I'm there?
Not sure about joining the club but I guarantee if you bring your camera you'll be welcome to join those of us who are showing!
default_laugh.png
I suspect pictures of the gelding classes in particular would be popular as we'll all be in there so nobody will be left outside the ring to take pictures.
default_rolleyes.gif
It's rare to get that many forum horses in the ring at the same time so it would be fun to get group shots.

I think the clinics themselves are free although you pay for your pizza if I recall. As a "clinician" (ha!) I always get freebies so I'm not really sure.
default_laugh.png
Bring credit cards for the vendors, you'll undoubtedly find a bunch of stuff you want for Dolly and Sparky.

Leia

I will miss you all showing at that show! It is always a fun one, being as it is "just for fun" mostly and good practice...and usually its the NW's "reunion" since last show season!

Good luck to all of you showing!! There will definitely be some fierce competition out there!
default_smile.png
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

Count me in...Vince & I will be headed down Sunday morning. Lisa (Gallery Training) will be bringing Elvis to show in halter geldings and pleasure driving
default_aktion033.gif
Elvis will be there for classes on Saturday too with Lisa's son Ryder.

Tracy

My daughter and I will be there both Saturday and Sunday to watch. We aren't bringing any horses with.

We will be in the cheering section.

Shari, yes-Longview... Cowlitz Fairgrounds.

I'll be there cheering and apparently, taking pix!

Leia, i full body clipped my filly. If you dont want to do that, just do a quick head and neck clip.

As Leia said, she can point me out...im very friendly and always more than willing to chat horses
default_smile.png
Cant wait to see

I will be there. Doing the halter head show clip/razor demo on Saturday morning and then the halter presentation hands on clinic on Sunday. Not bringing any horses, just there to help this time. See ya all there!
default_saludando.gif

We haven't decided whether we'll bring a horse or not, thanks to our lovely weather.

If we do bring anyone, it'll just be for the social aspect, as neither Mingus nor Scarlet are conditioned, and neither are clipped and my blades are all dull. (And they're both coated in mud!!) We'll most likely decide at the last moment, but either way, Keith and I will be there at least one day.

Mingus is, of course, famous for having brought the partial clip to new heights a few years back:

!mingusBoring05.jpg

We haven't decided whether we'll bring a horse or not, thanks to our lovely weather.

If we do bring anyone, it'll just be for the social aspect, as neither Mingus nor Scarlet are conditioned, and neither are clipped and my blades are all dull. (And they're both coated in mud!!) We'll most likely decide at the last moment, but either way, Keith and I will be there at least one day.

Mingus is, of course, famous for having brought the partial clip to new heights a few years back:

%21mingusBoring05.jpg
Very stylish. I hope I'll get to meet him!

Back