Los Vegas Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minxiesmom

Reaction score
I didn't see any topics about this weekend's Las Vegas show. I only got to watch snippets of it on Friday and Saturday, but I got to watch the entire day on Sunday. (We did our Easter dinner on Sat night)

After attending the driving clinic with Austin Van Wyck earlier in the year, I felt like we became friends, so watching his big wins in so many events was pretty exciting. One of our local gals, Lisa Brostad, was showing and won one driving class. Aimee Wheater, who I have come to know through Facebook, had huge wins, going Supreme in halter with two of her young mares. She had wins in other classes also. One of her mares was AOTE and bred by her, so that is a huge compliment to her program. I enjoy individuals that are able to produce champions without having to go through a trainer.

I have heard the show was one of the most fun shows to attend. From what I saw, the competition was every bit as tough as the world shows I have watched. They had beautiful awards for the winners. I saw what looked like flower leis on the Supreme Champions, and harness bags for the driving champions. From what I understand, the hotel contains the show arena and stabling which would be great fun to be able to just go up to the room when done at the barns. Maybe next year I can fly down and watch.

I would love to hear of anyone else's experience from this show! I appreciate having Iequine webcasting so I can enjoy the shows I am not able to attend

Diane in OR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my post on it! Las Vegas I made it on Friday hoping I would catch the attention of anyone at the show. It didn't work! LOL I didn't meat anyone from the forum. I did meet a couple of nice folks that were interested in getting a mini. I let them know that they are not just pocket pets and they are the same as taking care of a big horse but probably a bit cheaper on the food part of it. All the rest cost about the same as a big horse.

We also went to check out the vendors. The upstairs one's were ok if you show, but I was wanting normal everyday mini tack. Luckily my hubby stumbled upon the one guy outside. He had what I was looking for. Hubby told one of the judges about how we didn't know he was even there. So they finally made an announcement about him.
default_aktion033.gif

We also found where the stables and all, but we didn't go in all the way. We weren't sure if it was allowed and everyone was busy showing or getting ready to show. The stables were nice though!
default_yes.gif

I had a good time, but wish I could have stayed longer. We didn't realize the show had started on Friday so we missed most of that days classes. We were only able to stay till about 2pm on Sat. It was still nice to be able to see a show in person though even if I only saw parts of it!
default_smile.png

Oh, forgot to mention. The way I found out about the show was from a post on this site months ago. I mean a long time ago. It probably fell off into the obis. The poster put a flyer pic of the show. Then maybe a few weeks ago someone else asked who was going to the show. That is all that I ever saw. I even looked for a banner at the top of the forums but never saw anything on them. To bad there was a "upcoming shows" forum!! That would make it easier to know when and where the shows are. It would have to be a forum that the posts don't fall off to the obis till the show was over though! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
We were there vending and also got to enjoy watching. There were lots of very nice quality miniatures showing. I was a little surprised they held it Easter weekend but there was still decent turnout. Hoping that we will get more mini shows here, South Point is a very nice facility!

I only got to watch a little bit on Sat. It looked like they had a good turnout. I was impressed with how clear the video feed and the sound was good too!! They did a great job! I'm glad to hear Austin and Lisa both did good!

I was not able to go this year but would love to next year.... If I remember correctly the breed journal has had ads about this show. I heard from someone else who went and heard they really enjoyed it all. Can't wait for next year now!

I didn’t keep the Vegas show a secret. I told everyone I know about it and I’m glad it was everything and more than what we thought it would be!

Tommy and I just got home from the Vegas Show. We had a great time! The facility is top notch and couldn’t have asked for more. The hotel is located right above the arena. Tons of restaurants right there, gambling, complimentary shuttle to and from the airport, $8.00 per day shuttle to the Vegas strip! The stall area and restrooms are kept immaculate with people cleaning shavings and poo balls constantly. They have 24/7 security monitoring in the stall area so you can have peace of mind while you sleep. I could definitely get used to showing there and feel they have spoiled us to the point no other facility can compare.

Catch did great! Came home with 20 something firsts, and 2 Grands in CC Pleasure Driving! Check out some of his booty!

Dawn
default_saludando.gif

catchvegas.JPG

Latest posts

Back