ANOTHER New Puppy, Big & Fluffy Too (Pyrenees x Golden)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG!!!!! I think each picture you post of him he is cuter and cuter!!!!! I just LOVE his white socks!!
default_yes.gif

Well, I think he's an exceptionally good looking puppy and you all surely know that's an impartial opinions
default_biggrin.png

I love his color and markings but I'm just bowled over with how SWEET he is! Dozer is awesome, and it's how crazy we are about him that helped us want to find another similar kind of cross... but neither H nor I remember Dozer being nearly this sweet and outgoing as a puppy. But this guy was raised in a house with a kid, and Dozer was raised in a barn (before we got him). That may be a factor, but DIESEL is just a marshmallow to us.

He'll be 9wks old on Sunday and is already waking us up just 1x per night. Eating maybe 5x a day, but I know we "could" feed him less often. On days when I'll be gone more than a few hours, he's staying in our dog kennel, because I'm afraid to leave him unsuperivised yet with Dozer (who plays so rough!). The kennel is very big (16x30 maybe) and it has a wooden shed as one wall with a doggy door and a "stall" that is 10x12 with a window (wire screened) and a box fan, and a raised wood floor). I figure if I were him, I'd rather be in there than a crate or a play pen.

Next week, I have to be gone from Wednesday morning - real late Friday night / real early Saturday morning. Not looking forward to leaving H, our fur kids and horses! Feeling bad that H has to juggle it all while I'm gone, but it's for business and something I must do (because Mom and Dad don't actually hunt and harvest the land to keep the four leggers fed).

Hoping to take pictures of him as he grows like we did for Dozer.

Not sure I connected with a dog this much other than Winston and Watson, so maybe that is why Watson says he makes him feel sick to his stomach (jealous is not the word no matter that Watson spends his nights sleeping by me and most of his days at my hip or foot).

OMG he is a doll baby!! Those white socks of his are adorable. I can hardly wait to see pics of him as he grows up
default_smile.png

Jill, how is Diesel? Has he been settling in nicely? Do you plan on any training for him as he gets older?
default_smile.png

We have an 8th month old Lab that we got at 6 weeks old. Needless to say she has really grown!!!!! We did some training ourselves but got to the point we needed help with walking on the leash......so we have a trainer coming once a week. We have done 3 sessions and she seems to be making some progress.
default_wink.png
Abigail is our 1st BIG dog we have owned dachshunds for 26 years and that is a whole different ball game from a Lab!!!!! Lol
default_new_rofl.gif

Please post some new pictures of your baby!!
default_please.gif

Sorry for the delayed reply! I was in Chicago last week.

I will post new pictures of my favorite puppy soon
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif

We will probably only train Diesel to sit / shake / stay / lay down / rollover... that kind of thing. That's all we did with Dozer, but Dozer walks good on a leash when we use one of those step in style harnesses for him. He never goes on a leash unless it's to the vets, but he just cooperates fine with the harness, however, does not like to be walked w/ a collar on. From the first time as a puppy that he wore that style harness, he was easy so I highly recommend them!

Latest posts

Back