So, how did the show in Maine Go?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxy's Run

Reaction score
I'm just dieing to know, how did the show in Maine go this weekend? Lee? Anyone?

Linda

Roxy's Run Miniatures

I thought it was great!

Beautiful footing in the ring and alot of people and minis. Very good show.

I will definately go again next year.

Our results;

mares 2 and over-4th place

adult showmanship-5th

solid color-5th

I could have done without the marching band though.LOL

I have decided though, that Snip hates showing. She just gets so grumpy. That's ok, I'll show Apollo next year.

And maybe Snip will start dating
wink.gif

Lee

Good morning!
saludando.gif
Well, I'm glad that you had a good time. That's what it is all about. I'm so sorry that Snip doesn't like to show. That's so sad. But I'm sure she will make some lovely foals for you in the future.
yes.gif

Linda

Roxy's Run Miniatures

We had fun too. Sarah enjoyed herself, so we'll be doing more next year.

1st in weanlings for Angel

3rd in multi-color for Angel

4th in stallions for Anzara

This was our first show for everybody. We didn't decide to go until last Wednesday. Next year we'll be better prepared and will enter more horses and classes.

Anzara could have won the prize for loudest horse there. He was talking to everybody-- and quite loudly. LOL And do you think he would stand still out there with the stallions??? Nope!

When we were done showing him we tied him to the trailer and let him munch on the grass. He was happy as a pig in swill!! We were hoping to have time to lunge him before the classes, but we got there late. Try lunging him at home, though and it's difficult to get him moving! He's so low-key at home. trudge, trudge, trudge!

Ummm...what was with the marching bands anyway? LOL Loved it when they stopped to play right beside us. The horses didn't seem to mind, but it sure made hearing difficult for us humans! LOL

Tracy, Anzara had a bit of competition for that loudest horse award! My guy screamed his whole driving class *shaking head* And we had our horses tied to the fence....RIGHT next to where several loud things stopped. I was waiting for a huge blowup since I have a spazzy mare (the roadster) but fortunately all went well after a few snorts at all the scary stuff. And I think the noise drowned out my stud screaming lol. Then there was that huge draft hitch which my stallion was just dying to go visit and see if there were any interested ladies. *eyeroll* I just want to say we certainly could not have wished for better weather! Last year all the horses and their people were frozen solid and this year it was at least 70° out. I had sooooo much fun driving and though my guys all probably looked horrible I was very proud of them. It was probably the 10-15 time my country mare was ever hooked, 5th for the single pleasure (LOUD!!!) stallion, and 5-10 for the (spazzy) roadster mare. That trail class was fun too. Besides me chasing after the mare who decided ground tying wasn't for her. Thank Sarah again for all her help holding and tacking, it was greatly appreciated! Was good to finally meet you, Lee. Your mare is awfully sweet and my filly was happy to talk to someone who didn't want to beat her up!

Results

1st mares 2 & over with Swirl

1st stallions 2 & over with Sage

1st multi colour with Swirl

2nd solid colour with Sage

2nd roadster with Diana

3rd single pleasure with Sage

4th country pleasure with Allie

4th adult obstacle driving with Allie

6th multi colour with Allie

6th adult trail with Allie

Enchantress said:
Tracy, Anzara had a bit of competition for that loudest horse award!  My guy screamed his whole driving class *shaking head* And we had our horses tied to the fence....RIGHT next to where several loud things stopped. I was waiting for a huge blowup since I have a spazzy mare (the roadster) but fortunately all went well after a few snorts at all the scary stuff. And I think the noise drowned out my stud screaming lol. Then there was that huge draft hitch which my stallion was just dying to go visit and see if there were any interested ladies. *eyeroll* I just want to say we certainly could not have wished for better weather!  Last year all the horses and their people were frozen solid and this year it was at least 70° out. I had sooooo much fun driving and though my guys all probably looked horrible I was very proud of them. It was probably the 10-15 time my country mare was ever hooked, 5th for the single pleasure (LOUD!!!) stallion, and 5-10 for the (spazzy) roadster mare. That trail class was fun too. Besides me chasing after the mare who decided ground tying wasn't for her. Thank Sarah again for all her help holding and tacking, it was greatly appreciated! Was good to finally meet you, Lee. Your mare is awfully sweet and my filly was happy to talk to someone who didn't want to beat her up! Results

1st mares 2 & over with Swirl

1st stallions 2 & over with Sage

1st multi colour with Swirl

2nd solid colour with Sage

2nd roadster with Diana

3rd single pleasure with Sage

4th country pleasure with Allie

4th adult obstacle driving with Allie

6th multi colour with Allie

6th adult trail with Allie

478211[/snapback]

Last edited by a moderator:
Jen, Swirl and Sage almost made it into my trailer!! Too bad you had to hear me telling Sarah to put 'em there! LOL

Lee, I looked for you after we were done with our classes and I couldn't find you-- did you leave early?

I stood by backwoodsnanny (Nita) and her daughter Jodi (scoopiedoo) most of the time. They helped explain what was going on in the classes-- Thanks!

I brought my camera, you guys, and extra batteries and extra memory cards so I could take over 100 pics. Ummm....it was so crazy that I couldn't do it! Sorry!!!

We brought 3 horses and that was enough for me, daughter and hubby. Will have to enlist other daughter next time. Seems I needed to be in two places at once most of the time! And when we were done with our classes, all I wanted to do was relax!

Jen, I don't know how you and Hillary did it!! You were entered in everything, right?

I got home and took a nap! LOL

We had a great time! Sarah went and visited with all the horses and we got to meet a couple of board members, didn't get to meet everybody~I'm a little on the shy side, but I'm sure Sarah met everyone, she surely isn't shy at all.

This was our very first Mini show ever and we are so excited to get started. We got Sarah a gelding a few weeks ago that is already trained, now she knows what to do and came home and worked with him a little and I think he will end up teaching her. He needs some work on his side pass, so they can learn that together. She also has a 1 year old and a 5 month old she can start working with for next year...

I agree I sure don't know how Jen and Hillary did it, but they were great and had those harnesses changed in no time flat for the next class. I'm going to be awhile I'm sure when we find a cart figuring it all out. They just made it look sooo easy
aktion033.gif

I did get some pictures. Sarah also took some video of the classes for reference so we can set up our course.

We are sure hooked, going to be a long winter, can't wait......

I had to leave soon after my last class. I really want my own trailer next year, then I can stay all day.

I didn't get to meet everyone, so busy. But what a nice fun time. I'll definately do it again, shame we'll have to wait till next Oct.

Lee

I think the forum members all did the forum proud. We didnt show anyone this year all are too wooly and too fat at least in my opinion Im told not true by my daughter. Thanks to Hillary for the opportunity for Jodi and Mikaela to watch and learn. Fun seeing Tracy again and I did want to meet more forum members in fact after the classes we went to find Lee but she was gone. Also thanks to Hillary for the opportunity for Jodi to get her feet wet in the ring. I really enjoyed the show and all the wonderful horses. Im sure Maine Pride will send competitors next year. Tracy you're the veteren now so you can help me through my basket case next year. I was that one lady cheering section right by the gate. You all did Great!!!! By the way Lee, Snip may hate showing but she was beautiful.

Hey, when was this show? I never herd about it, I live in Limerick Maine, like 6 min from Kathy West @ Royal View? Any one else live round there?

MiniaturePrincess429 said:
Hey, when was this show?  I never herd about it, I live in Limerick Maine, like 6 min from Kathy West @ Royal View?  Any one else live round there?
478603[/snapback]

I'm just sorry i couldn't visit with everyone more! I felt like we hit the ground running as soon as we got there..even though we left for the show early! it was like wam, bam, thank you mam the whole day! it was SUPER hard swapping my single show harness between my two horses for each of those classes (even though you all said it looked easy..lol it wasn't that easy making sure everything was right and together! lol..i never even got a chance to change into my dress for driving..and i forgot to change out of sneakers for the whole show!!! lol). I also had to peice together other hanresses for the bridles for the two differnt boys or else it would have taken 3 times as long to harness if i had had to adjust everything!! so the harnesses didn't look so great at times..lol but it got the job done. i guess it didn't really matter in the end because we did so well in driving i guess i didn't need the get up!

I really appreciated all the help everyone gave us! it was much needed..even if it was only to hold the horse while i harnessed!!! thank you jodi for showing silver for me and your daughter was a huge help the rest of the day! it was a lovely day for showing. not too hot and definatly not as cold as last year!!

My results were:

Fireball: 3rd in stallions 2yo and up Halter

Silver: 5 (i think) in stallions 2 yo and up

Silver: 1st Country Pleasure driving

Silver: 1st Roadster

Fireball: 1st in Single Pleasure (which was the best award we got all day with my very green driving horse who is definatly a natural at driving! can't wait to get him to AMHA/AMHR shows for it all!)

I THINK we got a second in obstcle driving with silver (can't remember for sure)

and both fireball and silver did halter obstacle..i think one got a 3rd and one a 4th..but i don't really remember at this point! lol

I am so glad everyone had a great time. We had over 50 minis in all. We (Maine Miniature Horse Club) try very hard to put on a good show. We hope its a great starting point for those who are just starting but also a show for the seasoned exhibitor. We do have to put up with the grand parade, but thank goodness it only lasts for about 30 minutes! If anyone has any classes they would like to have added - please let me know. We really want to make this show the show everyone wants to go to. It was great seeing everyone- and all the beautiful minis. We only brought our weanlings for the futurity this year.

Thank you to all who came.

Julie Flanigan

i was a little dissapointed that there were no neck ribbons this year! lol i really liked the ones i won last year. Picture frames were nice and definatly something differnt and useable!

Might be too late to let you know by next year..but i might have my team for pairs driving..LOL.. i sold my filly that was supposed to be my match with whimsy..but i'm working on trying to see if any of my other ones are close enough in height to do the job..if not i'm on the market for another match ;)

I'm tellin ya, Silver and Shadow (our two little gray studs) would be a great team! Wonder how Diana and Whimsy would do. Hmmmm. That would be like pairs roadster!

I was so slow trying to change my harnesses lol. I had to keep yelling "I'm coming I'm coming sorry!" I started driving my mare off with the noseband and throatlatch not attached, but saw it before I got into the ring.
wacko.gif
The help was so greatly appreciated though. Maybe if I start driving more I'd do better than just buckling leather pieces to whatever's there and then thinking "do I have my up/down and whoa/go? lol And Tracy, again a SUPER HUGE thanks to Sarah for pointing out that I had my reins crossed LOL. That could have been an interesting drive.

Spotted Fantasy....did I meet you?

Latest posts

Back